Renting scooter in individual ports

TucsonRick

I will be cruising the Med. this fall. I don't need a scooter on the ship but will in ports. Has anyone rented scooter(s) in individual ports such as Rome, Naples, Barcelona? If this is possible / feasible then I would not have to deal with storing the scooter in my cabin where I don't need it.

Rick

I will be cruising the Med. this fall. I don't need a scooter on the ship but will in ports. Has anyone rented scooter(s) in individual ports such as Rome, Naples, Barcelona? If this is possible / feasible then I would not have to deal with storing the scooter in my cabin where I don't need it.

Rick

Renting scooters for the day use in a specific port is very complicated if not impossible. If possible you would be required to meet the vendor for pick-up as well as return the scooter yourself to ensure it got back to the vendor. You're better off to rent a scooter for the entire cruise for the following reasons:

• as you'd be assured of having a scooter
  • would be more cost effective as you would not be paying delivery/pickup fees for 3 individual ports
  • you don't have to be present when the scooter is delivered to the ship
  • you can just leave the scooter in your cabin for pickup.
  • you would not be using valuable time in port to wait for the delivery as well as for pick-up

• 3 years later...
On 1/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, LondonTowner said:

Yes, I agree trying to rent in each port is complicating matters. It may be possible in Spanish ports, but would prove more difficult anywhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a wheelchair rental for cruisers out of Southampton UK?  Friend has used Scootaround in USA. So looking for something like that 

On 7/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, dog said:

Is there a wheelchair rental for cruisers out of Southampton UK?  Friend has used Scootaround in USA. So looking for something like that 

Mobility at Sea https://www.mobilityatsea.co.uk/

We use these every time we cruise. I hire a hoist and Dad hires a folding scooter from them. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, dog said:

There’s mobility at sea, but I’m sure there are other mobility companies if you Google.

• Thanks 1