Celebration.

Hi Pensioncruiser,

thanks for the info, we have been to dubrovnik before but not by plane and will take your advice about sitting on the left, just over 8 weeks to go and really looking forward to our first adult only cruise.

I was in Bar, Montenegro in 2016. This POC I found was disappointing due to sailing into Kotor the week before. Kotor is a place of beauty, whereas Bar is being heavily built along the coastline. The number of high rise buildings going up and spoiling the coastline view was a lot, but at least most of these should be complete when you go and no longer a building site.

I took a trip that went around the great lake and went passed the landmarks of Bar. It is quite pretty but if you go to Kotor, then you will understand why this area got the Unesco World Heritage site award. It is too far to travel to from Bar, due to the black mountain ranges (hence the name for Montenegro).

We are going to Kotor as well on our cruise, have read that there is not much to do in Bar so we are planning on going up to stari bar when we are there which sounds o.k for a couple of hours.

Went to Bar last year, was a dump. Unless I walked the wrong way!! Did happen to find a nice bar though with wifi as Montenegro isn't in the EU as far as EE is concerned.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Montenegro isn't in the EU as far as EVERYONE is concerned. It's not EE being difficult. They are trying to get in.

So Bar hasn't changed then.

I wasn't being condescending i was merely putting the information out there letting customers know that as far as EE are concerned you WILL be charged if you use your mobile phone in this county. That was all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Nor was I, just letting you know that ALL UK phone companies charge if you use your phone out there. It isn't just EE, it's O2, Three, Vodafone etc. Because the country isn't in the EU, not the phone company charging you. So you don't need the caveat that it's EE charging you. ALL will charge you.

• 2 months later...

went to Bar last week on the Celebration and you get a shuttle into Bar from port, didn't appear to be much there so we got a taxi for 5 euro's upto Stari Bar and spent a couple of hours walking around the old ruins 2 euro's to get in,

very nice but could be difficult for anyone not good on there feet as it is all cobbles and some high steps also was in the 90's so very hot for walking around..

went to Bar last week on the Celebration and you get a shuttle into Bar from port, didn't appear to be much there so we got a taxi for 5 euro's upto Stari Bar and spent a couple of hours walking around the old ruins 2 euro's to get in,

very nice but could be difficult for anyone not good on there feet as it is all cobbles and some high steps also was in the 90's so very hot for walking around..

Thanks for the Bar info will be most useful as I had intended, like you, to get a taxi into old Bar but as Mrs PC not good with steps etc will plan something else. Thanks again for remembering[emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

We were also in Bar last week. The shuttle bus into town is free but was not announced until the morning we arrived in port. You just walk out and jump on the mini bus. You are dropped by waterfront with pebble beach, bars and cafes and some market stalls. Not much to do there but there are lots of sections on the beach with sunbeds and umbrellas. We took swim stuff and went to the beach area and rented beds and brolly and paid 10 euros. Beaches are rocky but we took some cheap wetsuit shoes and the water was really warm. There were waiters and you could order drinks and food at reasonable prices. If you are on the Venetian Vistas cruise - this is Formal night in the restaurant

We were also in Bar last week. The shuttle bus into town is free but was not announced until the morning we arrived in port. You just walk out and jump on the mini bus. You are dropped by waterfront with pebble beach, bars and cafes and some market stalls. Not much to do there but there are lots of sections on the beach with sunbeds and umbrellas. We took swim stuff and went to the beach area and rented beds and brolly and paid 10 euros. Beaches are rocky but we took some cheap wetsuit shoes and the water was really warm. There were waiters and you could order drinks and food at reasonable prices. If you are on the Venetian Vistas cruise - this is Formal night in the restaurant
Well thank you very much for that report, decision made we will follow your footsteps and I will also pack my wetsuit shoes[emoji106] [emoji2]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app