Silly bathroom amenity queries:

Parsley Cruises

Ok, so it's almost time for our usual countdown to cruise. Almost got everything sussed, but:

1. I can see that Viking provide shampoo etc and 'soap'. Do they provide shower gel, and if so is there plenty of it?

2. I can also see that we get a nice roomy shower - do they provide a non-slip mat to use inside the shower?

Many thanks in advance for any answers - I think that should just about be all our daft questions done and dusted.

Ok, so it's almost time for our usual countdown to cruise. Almost got everything sussed, but:

1. I can see that Viking provide shampoo etc and 'soap'. Do they provide shower gel, and if so is there plenty of it?

2. I can also see that we get a nice roomy shower - do they provide a non-slip mat to use inside the shower?

Many thanks in advance for any answers - I think that should just about be all our daft questions done and dusted.

Yes to shower gel but no to mat.

the gel is in the standard hotel sized bottle, but we got new ones constantly, never felt like we were about to run out .... if you need more I'd just leave a note for the attendant

and the shower floor was textured as I recall ... never felt slippery to me ... having a "bad hip" I'm conscious of that issue.

I would think they have a mat if requested due to the age of the cruisers.

They also have grab bar in the shower. It also has a nice self too.

It was the best shower of any cruise ship , from all of Celebrity ships I I have been on.

And I love, love the heated floor and the night light in the bathroom.

heated floor dries bathing suits much better/quicker than the clothes line in the shower!!!

On the newest ships you can turn off/on and adjust floor temperature which is a great improvement!

Dont want the floor on all the time in warmer climates!

Yes to shower gel but no to mat.

Also - not to worry if you run out of the gel. The steward always makes sure there is another one ready for you when the one in the shower runs out. Which for us was about every 3 days or so. Basically the set of bathroom supplies on the shelf under the vanity is kept complete. Meaning everything - shower cap, cotton swabs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bathroom replenishment situation seems similar to what we used to get on our previous favourite cruise-line. Cutting down on the replenishment on that particular cruise-line was just one of the signs of things going downhill. It sounds ok on Viking though.

Anyway, I think I've solved the situation with the shower tray situation - I'll just get a new pair of flip-flop sandals.

Many thanks for all the information and advice.

Viking provides small bar hand type soap, liquid shower gel, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion, it’s their own brand called Freya and very nice. As others have said, all replenished as needed, no worries there. Enjoy Viking, the ships and experiences are wonderful.

If you have an interest, there’s an afternoon English tea in the Wintergarten which is very nice.

Happy travels and I’m sure you’ll love Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Viking provides small bar hand type soap, liquid shower gel, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion, it’s their own brand called Freya and very nice. As others have said, all replenished as needed, no worries there. Enjoy Viking, the ships and experiences are wonderful.

If you have an interest, there’s an afternoon English tea in the Wintergarten which is very nice.

Happy travels and I’m sure you’ll love Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm - if we have time to make it to afternoon tea! After a load of loyalty to another cruise line we had a very bad experience with afternoon tea, so here's hoping that won't ever be repeated again.