"Walking Guides" in Falmouth

beachbaby1218

• 2 weeks later...

I was there this past week, and though I had a good idea of how to get where I was going, I used one of these "guides" He basically just navigated me through town. There are lots of sketchy people outside the gates, but they will pretty much leave you alone if you're with one of these "guides"

Basically, when we got to the place where I was going, he asked did I have any "change" I gave him a few bucks for his trouble, and he seemed satisfied. They guide several people around throughout the day, and if they get a few bucks from each one, then they're doing pretty good considering the poverty in the area.

As a side note, if you're looking for good jerk chicken they will take you to Peppers. The place had literally the least authentic jerk chicken I have ever had. Don't waste your time with this place...

I was there this past week, and though I had a good idea of how to get where I was going, I used one of these "guides" He basically just navigated me through town. There are lots of sketchy people outside the gates, but they will pretty much leave you alone if you're with one of these "guides"

Basically, when we got to the place where I was going, he asked did I have any "change" I gave him a few bucks for his trouble, and he seemed satisfied. They guide several people around throughout the day, and if they get a few bucks from each one, then they're doing pretty good considering the poverty in the area.

As a side note, if you're looking for good jerk chicken they will take you to Peppers. The place had literally the least authentic jerk chicken I have ever had. Don't waste your time with this place...

Thanks for the reply. So Peppers isn't good? Where do you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After eating there, I began making my way back through town back to the ship. This was the only place I stopped in Falmouth. Also, if you venture beyond the gates, be prepared to have people offer to sell you weed (or any number of other things) every ten feet... My advise is that if you don't have an actual excursion planned, then just stay on the ship here.

Thanks for the reply. So Peppers isn't good? Where do you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums