Is smoking allowed in Oceanview Bar Deck 10 Millennium?

surgie

Can anyone recently off Millennium confirm if smoking is allowed in the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10? We have an aft cabin just above on deck 11 toward the port side (1133). I love the location but just want to prepare myself if we're going to be inundated with smoke on our May Alaska cruise.

Yes, but my brother and SIL were in 1141 and never smelled anything.

That cabin is right next to ours so that's encouraging. Part of me thinks May in Alaska might mean it's too cold to be at an outdoor bar...but then that means it's too cold on my balcony lol!

I believe that smoking is restricted to Deck 5 port, which is why I booked a starboard cabin on Deck 6 (Eclipse)

I have been trying to change to starboard but I want to keep the aft on the fantail and so far none have opened up. Maybe once final payments are due...

I believe that smoking is restricted to Deck 5 port, which is why I booked a starboard cabin on Deck 6 (Eclipse)

No, there is also the OV/Sunset Bar port side and the upper pool deck port side.

And this was strange on the Solstice class. The upper pool deck, port side, was for smoking, but you could also smoke at the bar on the starboard side. :rolleyes: Everyday on our most recent cruise, we had to walk by the same man, smoking non-stop, at this bar on the starboard side.

I have been trying to change to starboard but I want to keep the aft on the fantail and so far none have opened up. Maybe once final payments are due...

Have you asked to be put on the waiting list? You can do that, but only give Celebrity one stateroom number request. We tried it on a Connie cruise, but the stateroom in question never came available. As it turned out, we became friends with the occupants of that stateroom, and we also loved our location on the side aft.;)

Edited by Iamthesea

That is a change! Or perhaps there was no one that tried to smoke out there. Were there signs?

Passengers were certainly smoking last year on the Connie...in March and May. Also smoking on the Equinox, port side OV/Sunset bar last month. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

That is a change! Or perhaps there was no one that tried to smoke out there. Were there signs?

Passengers were certainly smoking last year on the Connie...in March and May. Also smoking on the Equinox, port side OV/Sunset bar last month. ;)

I did not see "No Smoking" signs but there were no ashtrays and it seemed that no one asked - or at least not in our presence - if they could smoke. If it is not it fact non-smoking, it is De-facto non-smoking.

I wonder what would happen if a long-time Celebrity cruiser that is as smoker asked for an ash-tray? Would they give him/her one?

They used to provide a listing of the smoking areas in your stateroom upon embarkation. Don't they still do that? I don't smoke, so I've never bothered to check out the smoking areas on each ship.

I did not see "No Smoking" signs but there were no ashtrays and it seemed that no one asked - or at least not in our presence - if they could smoke. If it is not it fact non-smoking, it is De-facto non-smoking.

I wonder what would happen if a long-time Celebrity cruiser that is as smoker asked for an ash-tray? Would they give him/her one?

No, that person would be directed to the designated smoking areas. You will know them by the smell and by the presence of ashtrays.

No Smoking signs are not necessary as the entire ship is non smoking except for the few designated smoking areas.

Can anyone recently off Millennium confirm if smoking is allowed in the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10?

We sailed on Millennium at Christmas & New Year and smoking was definitely allowed at the Oceanview Bar on the Port side. Tables had ashtrays and a number of guests were smoking there.

We sailed on Millennium at Christmas & New Year and smoking was definitely allowed at the Oceanview Bar on the Port side. Tables had ashtrays and a number of guests were smoking there.

Thanks for the report about the ship the OP was asking about. I believe this is the first actual report from the Millie.

Can anyone recently off Millennium confirm if smoking is allowed in the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10?

We were on Millie last May on a Transpacific and smoking was allowed in the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10 on the port side.

Can anyone recently off Millennium confirm if smoking is allowed in the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10? We have an aft cabin just above on deck 11 toward the port side (1133). I love the location but just want to prepare myself if we're going to be inundated with smoke on our May Alaska cruise.

Just got off the Summit on Sat. and there was smoking on the port side of the Sunset Bar.

As awesome a room location that is, I would never book it. I remember the smoking getting pretty bad at the Oceanview Bar. In fact, on my Millennium cruise, people smoked on both sides and they said nothing about it.

So it appears Constellation has made a change but not Millennium or Summit. I think there were some reports of Infinity changing also. Apparently it's a ship by ship decision.

Ugh, not what I wanted to hear but I hate to give up the room. I'll report back after the cruise how smoky it was for us.

So it appears Constellation has made a change but not Millennium or Summit. I think there were some reports of Infinity changing also. Apparently it's a ship by ship decision.

Yes, there have been reports of no smoking there on Infinity. We'll be on in May and will report back on what's up currently.

According to Miami, it's the captain's decision.

I wonder if they consider their market. The Millie has been in Asia.

We're b2b in 1140 on the millenium in 2017. We'll cancel if there is still smoking on 10 below us. We were on the infinity in 1141 and there was no smoking allowed. I guess I just assumed it was a fleetwide change on the M-class ships...so this is a significant annoyance.

The worst possible situation is if it's up to the captain who obviously has real things to do. That means it's up to someone else...unknown of course...and it can change at any time. That's not what we signed up for....

There has been no smoking there on the Connie since last November. My sister just boarded and she confirmed that it continues to be nonsmoking.

Wrong.

And you'll be going 20+ knots. No problems.

Edited by blindrid