Hump Cabins on Radiance class ships

Hi all! Long time lurker but first time poster here. My finance and I are booked on the Jewel of the seas Greece cruise on 6/17/18 for our honeymoon. We have booked a hump cabin on deck 7,cabin 7598 and after reading some of the other members experiences with noise issues from the atrium we are thinking about maybe moving to a different cabin. I want to know if anyone had any experiences regarding noise and the hump cabins on deck 7. I have heard that there is a wall/patrician for the hallway that partially blocks some of the noise? I would ideally like to stay in this cabin because of the great balcony views but am a little concerned. Thanks!

We have stayed on deck 9 and 10 (hump staterooms) on the four Radiance class ships (Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel). Noise from the Atrium has never been an issue for us. The hump room views are a definite plus.

The elevators are on the Port side. At times late at night, some on the guests coming off the elevators are extremely loud (maybe they are drunk). I prefer the hump starboard rooms, and noise has never been a problem.

I stayed in room 9078 portside of the hump on the Jewel, and it was super noisy at night. I could hear every word and beat to YMCA. It went on until about 12:30am. I think others on the starboard side of the hump say it's quiet.

Stateroom 9078 is next to the elevators. But this room had a extra extra large balcony. We stayed in stateroom #9078 on the Radiance of the Seas, and had no issues with noise The activities in the atrium stoped around 11:00pm on our cruise.

I stayed in room 9078 portside of the hump on the Jewel, and it was super noisy at night. I could hear every word and beat to YMCA. It went on until about 12:30am. I think others on the starboard side of the hump say it's quiet.

Had the same cabin # on the Serenade and we could not get any sleep form the noise coming from the Centrum/elevators. Even tried to sleep on the balcony in the lounger, to no avail. Thank God another balcony cabin became available and able to transfer. The music/reverb in the Centrum, was so loud that when we tried to talk to GS personnel it was impossible. Noticed on the Aug. 29th Brilliance cruise that the fire doors were closed most of the evenings. Also, this causes add'l noise with the opening/closing of the doors.

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel a little better now about the room. I think I will be keeping 7598, we still have about 9 months before we leave so we can always change if we decide. I've heard so much about the hump cabins and was excited to see that one was available. Appreciate all the help!

Stayed in 8594 on Jewel and had no problems at all. There is a wall between the Centrum the corridor. Unless you can get an Aft cabin, I would stick with what you have.

Stayed in the same room and we also had no problem with noise. It's a great cabin location.

Thanks for the replies guys. I feel a little better now about the room. I think I will be keeping 7598, we still have about 9 months before we leave so we can always change if we decide. I've heard so much about the hump cabins and was excited to see that one was available. Appreciate all the help!

You are making a good decision. Keep the hump stateroom. If you like balcony staterooms, the view you will get more than outweighs the potential risk of some noise.

We have been in 8594 on the Brilliance (twice), Jewel, Radiance, and 9584 on Serenade, the last time was Sept. 2016. We were very disappointed in that the noise volume was very loud. If they close the fire door it was bearable, but usually it was open and the noise went until midnight. I had to go to sleep using my Bose noise canceling headphones. Very disappointed that If we go on another cruise on a Radiance class ship we will have to pick a different balcony room location.

If there is a party in the Centrum.....maybe you should be there instead of going to bed.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

We usually had to be up by 6AM to get ready for a port stop. We usually needed a vacation after our Med cruises because we never got to sleep in except for sea days.

We usually had to be up by 6AM to get ready for a port stop. We usually needed a vacation after our Med cruises because we never got to sleep in except for sea days.
Yep....those early port excursions make "staying up" difficult.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We have been in 8594 on the Brilliance (twice), Jewel, Radiance, and 9584 on Serenade, the last time was Sept. 2016. We were very disappointed in that the noise volume was very loud. If they close the fire door it was bearable, but usually it was open and the noise went until midnight. I had to go to sleep using my Bose noise canceling headphones. Very disappointed that If we go on another cruise on a Radiance class ship we will have to pick a different balcony room location.

Wow, that's too bad. I think many people have different issues with noise, some are more sensitive to it than others.

Just stayed in 8596 smack dab in the middle and had zero issues... and we did go back to the room a couple of times while events were still on.

Having said that you really have to plan which cabin you choose... any cabin right in front of or within a door from the opening to the Centrum will definitely get noise right at the hallway whereas right in the middle we had barely any noise in the hallway and zero inside when we closed the door behind us. 8602 and that section is somewhat covered from the noise... the deck plan shows the fire door opening directly into the hallway facing aft into the long hallway which is true. There is also more wall space on the side of the centrum, only a cut out railing with balcony to look down into the Centrum.... however 8598 would be the most affected as that opening is directly into the Centrum with zero protection from the noise. At that side, the Centrum is 100% open with a railing at the "Explorer's Court" looking down onto the Centrum, so basically only about 5 feet from the Centrum to the front of your cabin door. On Radiance I stayed in interior on deck 9 where 8583 is here on this photo, and still heard the drone of the party in the hall. I think this side facing forward is affected much more than the aft side

6fce7146-c389-4f0e-9f39-3d076d2b7d1e_zpsnbugbid4.png