Flying into and out of Bush--6 people What would be most cost effective?

ntourtelotte

I have read that flying into and out of Hobby is easier, but flights are so much more expensive for us, so Bush is what we are working with to cruise out of Galveston on Carnival on April 1st.

We will be flying in the day before, but out on Sunday after we arrive back in Galveston. There are 6 people (4 adults, two tweens).

I have multiple questions-

What is the earliest suggested and safe time to return on Sunday?

It looks like I could do Galveston Limousine for about $50 round trip pp. Is that the best I'm going to find?

Can we have them do airport to Galveston hotel on the day before and then cruise port to airport on return day? We should then be able to take a hotel shuttle to the port the day we leave?

Are we better off using the Carnival shuttle?

How do we select a time and project when we will be getting off the ship? Or do they just have shuttles waiting as people get off?

I am in the same situation. I plan to fly to IAH (Bush) the day before our cruise, then staying at a hotel near the airport with a free airport shuttle, then taking that shuttle back to the airport morning of cruise and getting on Carnival's shuttle to port. Carnival's shuttle is $37 pp, so a little less. This is the most cost effective as far as I can tell. It does not seem there are hotels in Galveston who shuttle to the port. At least for a group the size of ours...14

• 1 month later...
I have read that flying into and out of Hobby is easier, but flights are so much more expensive for us, so Bush is what we are working with to cruise out of Galveston on Carnival on April 1st.

We will be flying in the day before, but out on Sunday after we arrive back in Galveston. There are 6 people (4 adults, two tweens).

I have multiple questions-

What is the earliest suggested and safe time to return on Sunday?

It looks like I could do Galveston Limousine for about $50 round trip pp. Is that the best I'm going to find?

Can we have them do airport to Galveston hotel on the day before and then cruise port to airport on return day? We should then be able to take a hotel shuttle to the port the day we leave?

Are we better off using the Carnival shuttle?

How do we select a time and project when we will be getting off the ship? Or do they just have shuttles waiting as people get off?

Go with supershuttle. You can get a 9 psgr van for 179,00 which will hold all 6.

What about Uber or Lyft? From what I was reading, they are allowed back in Texas now and can take people from HOU and IAH to Galveston for less than most other options.

It's about 75 miles each way form IAH to the port. No exactly a short (cheap) trip.