Please post your planned or completed itinerary

AryMay

We returned from an amazing Pride of America cruise in March 2017. this was our itinerary. We spent 2 days ahead of the cruise in Honolulu and 1 day after the cruise.

Hawaii Schedule

Honolulu

March 23rd–arrive mid afternoon, check in, eat, explore Waikiki. Being picked up by two taxis from EcoCab. Staying at Hyatt Place Waikiki. 4:30 dinner reservations at Tiki’s Grill and Bar.

March 24th– breakfast at hotel, ½ day Pearl Harbor tour – closed toed shoes and bags must be checked– departs around 6:30 am, rest, Chief’s Luau – pick up at 4:20

March 25th– breakfast, check out, Whale Watching cruise, pick up at 10:40. Leave luggage with bellman, go back to hotel after cruise for luggage. Need to arrange cab with Charley’s taxi toget to NCL.

Hawaii Schedule

Cruise

NCL – Pride of America

Arrive

Depart

Sat 25

Honolulu, Oahu (EMBARK) (Whale Watching Cruise with lunch before boarding the ship.)

Sun 26

Kahului, Maui tour by car Dollar, Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, Maui Winery, Beach

Mon 27

Kahului, Maui Atlantis Submarine

Tue 28

Hilo, Hawaii Ricky’s Tours (excellent, highly recommend)

Wed 29

Kona, Hawaii Fairwinds snorkeling cruise, Must take an early tender. Should be time to go to town or beach. (Excellent!)

Thu 30

Nawiliwili, Kauai Kauai Backcountry Adventures, Tubing

Fri 31

Nawiliwili, Kauai –Island Helicopters tour, Grandma & 9 year old grandson Fern Grotto Tour

Sat 1

Honolulu, Oahu (DISEMBARK)

April1st –Island tours - one group with Circle Island LOST & Movie Tour, pick up at the ship at 8:00. Other group Pineapple Plantation and North Shore with Private Tours Hawaii, pick up around 9:00.

April 2nd– Breakfast at hotel. Surf Lessons with the Pro Surf School Hawaii - check inat 8:45 at the Marriott. Depart for airport

Our first trip to Hawaii – Land stay and cruise on Pride of America (January 2016)

Day 1 Pre Cruise: Flight to Honolulu, Roberts Express Shuttle to Hilton Hawaii Village for 5-night stay

Day 2 Pre Cruise: Public bus transportation to Manoa Falls, Sunset Cruise (Nautical Tours)

Day 3 Pre Cruise: Pearl Harbor Hoku Tour (Beyond the Call of Duty)

Day 4 Pre Cruise: Beach time (Waikiki)

Day 5 Pre Cruise: Walk from HHV to Diamond Head, hike DH, bus to Koko Head, hike KH, fireworks at HHV

Day 6 (Embarkation)Roberts Shuttle to port, arrive at Pier 1 pm, on ship at 2:30 pm (cabin 9528, port, XL balcony), depart HNL 7 pm

Day 7 (Mauai) Alamo Mustang (picks up at port), Ioa Valley & Needle, Haleakala, Kula Bistro for lunch, Paia, Return to ship 3:30 pm

Day 8 (Mauai) Local tour: Best Day on Maui–Molokini Snorkel, Dolphin Watch and Turtle Swim Adventure

Day 9 (Hilo) Local tour: Marylou's Valcono National Park, Thurston Lava Tube, Orchid Farm, Hilo Coffee, Mauna Loa Candy Farm, Richardson's Black Sand Beach, Giant Sea Turtles and Rainbow Falls

Day 10 (Kona)Tender to shore, walk around Kona on our own, Java on the Rocks mid-morning snack fruit plate, Paradise Tap and Grill (cheap Mai Tai drinks)

Day 11 (Kauai) Alamo Mustang, Wailua Falls, Rent bikes at Coconut Coasters to bike Ke Ala Hele Makalae rail trail, lunch at Chicken in a Barrel BBQ in Kapaa (excellent), Waimea Canyon, return to ship 5:30 pm

Day 12 (Kauai) Local tour: Wings Over Kauai (Private Cessna Flight), Hula Pie at Dukes, return to ship 12:30 pm, Na Pali sail-by narration

Day 13 (Debarkation) Arrive back at HNL 7 am, walking off ship at 7:30 am, limo shuttle to Hilton Waikiki for our final night in Hawaii

Day 14-15 Flight back to Minnesota

Notes: I have reviewed many of my tours and hotel stays on TripAdvisor (look for ransrider)

Oh, this is a cool idea! I went back in October (had a week pre-cruise stay on Oahu), but hopefully it can still give people some ideas! Condensed version listed below, more detail in my review ^^

Day 1 – Fly to Honolulu

Day 2 – Ala Moana Mall, beach time (Waikiki)

Day 3 – Waikele Premium Outlets, walked around Ala Wai Harbor

Day 4 – Polynesian Cultural Center: All Day + Luau

Day 5 – Climbed Diamond Head, Kahala Mall, beach time (Waikiki)

Day 6 – Island Tour with Ron of Oahu Spot Tours (I really wanted to go to Kaena Point, but no tour operator I spoke to would go there), U.S. Army Museum, walked along the Ala Wai Canal

Day 7 – Parasailing with Paradise Watersports, Royal Hawaiian Center, watched the Firework display (on every Friday)

Day 8 – Embarkation Day

Day 9 – Road to Hana Tour with Valley Isle Excursions. Mom went to Lahaina via a ship excursion.

Day 10 – Haleakala Sunrise excursion via the ship, breakfast at Kula Lodge

Day 11 – Hilo Tour with Marylou of Marylou’s Big Island tours

Day 12 – I had a snorkeling excursion through the shop in Kona. Mom had a Kona Tour with Marylou of Marylou’s Big Island tours (they do both sides of the island).

Day 13 – I went horseback riding through a ship excursion. Mom had a Waimea Canyon/Fern Grotto tour with Roberts Hawaii.

Day 14 – Through unexpected circumstances this became a sea day, though we were able to see the Na Pali Coast. I originally had a ziplining excursion with the ship, and my mom didn’t have anything planned.

Day 15 – Debarkation and fly back home.

Hi there,

How did you like Marylou's tour of Hilo?

Thanks!

Angela

Hi there,

How did you like Marylou's tour of Hilo?

Thanks!

Angela

Marylou's tour of Hilo was awesome! She was super nice, friendly, and had lots of neat tidbits about how it is living in Hawaii after moving there from the mainland to be closer to one of her kids. We visited Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, the Thurston Lava Tube inside the Park, a cute flower nursury that had a flower that smelled like chocolate! We also visited Mauna Loa, a factory that makes awesome treats with macadamias (bought SO many goodies there, yum), Rainbow Falls, and then ended by seeing some giant sea turtles.

Her tour is customizable, even while you're on it, and she gives a little gift at the end of her tour! (Or at least she did three years ago lol.) Her husband also does tours as part of their business, too. You can't go wrong with Marylou! She was highly recommended when I was looking for tours, and for good reason!

Our cabin was small...but functional. All of the cabins received new carpet, artwork, flat screen TV's, etc. during the drydock so they are like brand new.

Initially we had booked this cruise for last November and had booked the obstructed ocean view cabin 7554 and our friends were in adjoining cabin 7556. With the small size, I knew I needed a little bit of daylight or I would have problems with claustrophobia! When we switched to the cruise out of San Francisco, NCL was running a promotion where we could get a free upgrade to a balcony. Although we didn't use the balcony too much, it was still nice having it for the longer cruise. (I even kept the door open on the cool nights crossing the Pacific.)

We moved up a deck to cabin 8550 and I thought the location was perfect...very close to the forward elevators and just a couple of decks above the theater and Mardis Gras lounge where we spent time each night.

A group of people from our CC roll-call put together a cabin crawl for our second sea day and two of them were in the obstructed view cabins that we had originally booked. They were behind the smaller rescue boat and their view wasn't too bad. They did mention that their cabin was very noisy with squeaking and such. Here are a couple of photos I took...

mXhUzqdsUWRrObdr_rRw5LMpo0a15GoNL2OwmheTI2dZy_zHOZYTypy-JZkS33EU2I1jBQ=w1549-h969-rw-no

rM922XLchp2RkZw5Eq9Ea2HPb8dcmw5oig_qUCfXZ9L9TY2tRnzV7_HOO7UaH_IfWg-lZw=w1549-h969-rw-no

I looked at the deck plan and it appears that your cabin is between lifeboats so that is good. It also appears that your cabin should have the small couch which was nice (compared to bunks that drop out of the ceiling.)

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

:)

• 6 months later...
My mother and I sail on the 26th of August 2017. Our itinerary is as follows:

31/08/17 - Kauai - The Director's Cut tour through NCL

Hi! We are considering this tour. Did you enjoy it?? Any info or opinions you can share are appreciated. NCL site only has a couple reviews, and I am not getting a lot of hits when I search the CC forum. Thanks!

Hi! We are considering this tour. Did you enjoy it?? Any info or opinions you can share are appreciated. NCL site only has a couple reviews, and I am not getting a lot of hits when I search the CC forum. Thanks!

Hi! This was one of the best tours I did. The bus seats around 10 or 12 people and is super comfortable. The driver was fantastic - he was a local, he played ukulele and he was very knowledgeable about the movies that were filmed in Kauai, and had plenty of anecdotes. The tour was from around 9am to 3.30pm, and we did a big loop around the island. The highlight for me was Hanalei Bay. The place they took us for lunch was in Hanalei and it was really good food as well (you had about an hour in Hanalei, so after lunch you could go shopping if you wanted).

It was a really good tour because of the small number of people, and I got to see a lot of the island. I felt like it was value for money. If you love movies, I would definitely recommend it.

I wrote a review of my whole trip here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2542243

Enjoy your holiday!

I'm so glad I stumbled on this page. We are in the planning stages right now.

So far we have the following:

Honolulu - staying 2 nights pre cruise - we have a Pearl Harbor tour lined up. I think we will just do Diamond Head on our own and enjoy the beach.

Maui - Been going back and forth a lot . We are looking at a waterful hike and also an excursion with Valley Isle Tours that includes Haleakala.

Hilo- Booked a tour with Ricky's Tours - we will see Volcano National park and a few other sites.

Kona - either just explore on our own or possibly do the Body Glove snorkel.

Kauai - So far we plan on doing the movie tour and then later the Smith Family luau. The last day we are doing the bi-plane ride (huge bucket list item for us)

Kauai - So far we plan on doing the movie tour and then later the Smith Family luau. The last day we are doing the bi-plane ride (huge bucket list item for us)

Did you book the movie tour yet? It is not listed as one of the shore excursions available on my reservation. I got the inbox message that they aren't showing all shore excursions yada yada & to book on the ship. But I also read that they don't show excursions that are sold out... so I'm trying to figure out if other people are seeing this one as an available option in their actual reservation. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi - No I have not booked this tour yet. I am not booking this through the ship. I found another site that has this tour and it is cheaper. I only booked one tour so far. After the holidays we will finalize our itinerary and book our tours. We don't leave till the end of April so we have time.

Did you book the movie tour yet? It is not listed as one of the shore excursions available on my reservation. I got the inbox message that they aren't showing all shore excursions yada yada & to book on the ship. But I also read that they don't show excursions that are sold out... so I'm trying to figure out if other people are seeing this one as an available option in their actual reservation. Thanks!Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Celebrity Eclipse B2B Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver Sept/Oct 2019

Day 1 Flight to Vancouver with 1 stop at DFW

Day 2 VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA

Hop On Hop Off Trolley

Day 3 Embarkation day

Day 4 At Sea

Day 5 At Sea

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 At Sea

Day 9 HILO, HAWAII

Land of Frozen Fire

Journey into a landscape violently and beautifully shaped by Kilauea on this tour that will take you to Rainbow Falls, Lava Tree State Park, Ahalanui Thermal Pond, MacKenzie State Park, and Kaimu Black Sand Beach. You'll visit suburbs that live under the threat of lava flows, see a beautiful black sand beach, and travel to steep volcanic cliffs. After exploring this unique landscape, you'll visit Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Farm, where you can purchase souvenirs.

Highlights:

Admire the fury and beauty of Kilauea, an active volcano that shapes and reshapes the landscape.

Visit the village of Pahoa, where underlying volcanic soils are derived from the Kilauea Volcano.

See petrified trees, explore warm geothermal springs, and walk past the cooled lava flows that form this dynamic landscape.

Day 10 HILO, HAWAII

Volcano National Park and Tastes of Hawaii

Awaken your senses during a unique small-group exploration of Hilo's fascinating volcanic environment and mouthwatering

gourmet delights. Expert guides showcase Hawaii Volcanoes National Park's tropical flora and fauna during leisurely strolls through lush rainforest and over new lava formations. At Jaggar Museum, explore real-time seismographs, stunning eruption footage and engaging displays. Along the way, savor Hilo Coffee Mill's famous brews, specialty picnic lunch with wine, and Big Island Candies' luscious chocolate-dipped macadamia nut shortbread cookies.

Highlights:

Explore how eruptions and lava flows formed Hilo's environment, as you indulge in the city's finest culinary treats.

Walk through the rain-forest and over lava flows, and explore a museum's eruption footage and seismographs.

Enjoy fresh 100-percent Hawaiian-grown coffee, a picnic lunch with wine, and chocolate-dipped macadamia nut shortbread

cookies.

Day 11 KAILUA KONA, HAWAII

Kona Highlights

Your tour will start with a visit to Kona's Painted Church, known for its incredible murals and rich history. Your next stop will be

the Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park. Those who broke the Kapu, the ancient Hawaiians' sacred laws, were sentenced to die, but those who could evade their pursuers and reach Pu'uhonua were spared certain death and granted refuge. This attractive historic park includes Hawaiian artifacts and beautiful surroundings unique to Kona. End with a cup of Royal Kona’s famous coffee which has been grown and roasted locally for almost a half a century.

Highlights:

See the Painted Church, a beautiful historic church that overlooks Kealakekua Bay.

Visit Pu‘uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park, which translates to "Place of Refuge."

Savor a warm cup of local Royal Kona Coffee.

Day 12 LAHAINA, MAUI, HAWAII

Maui Deluxe Sightseeing

Visit some of Maui’s leading attractions on this deluxe sightseeing tour, including Iao Valley, Maui Tropical Plantation, and Maui Ocean Center. In Iao Valley, you’ll take in beautiful views of unusual geological formations, covered in lush jungle foliage. Then, you’ll take a narrated tram ride through the Maui Tropical Plantation’s tropical fruit and macadamia nut orchards and see the sugar cane fields, with time to shop at the Made-in-Maui Marketplace. Finally, you’ll discover Hawaii’s unique marine life while strolling through the tropical aquarium exhibits at the Maui Ocean Center.

Highlights:

Immerse yourself in beautiful tropical landscapes at Iao Valley, a sacred place to islanders and site of an important 1790 battle.

Discover Hawaii’s agricultural heritage while exploring the Maui Tropical Plantation’s lovely sugar cane tropical fruit and

macadamia orchards.

Learn about the various and distinct Pacific Ocean marine environments at the unique Maui Ocean Center.

Day 13 LAHAINA, MAUI, HAWAII

Adventure to Hana

Discover a remote paradise and captivating views as you head to Hana and beyond, an isolated coastal rainforest nestled between the eastern slopes of Haleakala and the Pacific Ocean. This undeveloped tropical oasis offers an array of plant life, rugged shoreline, and some of the best beaches on the island. Your tour includes several scenic stops, including a visit to the grave site of the worldrenowned aviator, Charles Lindbergh. ()

Highlights:

Enjoy incredible views of the lush wilderness, keeping an eye out for exotic birds and other wildlife.

Travel along a coastal roadway and see areas that have long been home to taro, banana, and yam production.

Enjoy a delicious complimentary lunch on your tour.

Day 14 HONOLULU, OAHU, HAWAII

B2B Turn Port from 7AM to 11:59PM

Visit friends, Waikiki Beach, Lunch with friends, Afternoon tour with friends

Day 15 LAHAINA, MAUI, HAWAII

Maui: Lanai Snorkel and Dolphin Watch

Embark on an unforgettable snorkel adventure off the coast and bays of Lanai, home to wild spinner, bottlenose, and spotted

dolphins. Board a sleek catamaran and sail off to a gorgeous Lanai reef, where you'll enjoy a guided snorkel, led by knowledgeable marine naturalists. Explore the crystal-clear waters and search for exotic marine life. Wild dolphins are frequently seen swimming right up to the boat, enjoying bow riding and doing playful flips and leaps.

Highlights:

Travel into Lanai's gorgeous waters on a 65-foot ultra smooth, eco friendly catamaran.

Listen to the expert advice of your marine naturalist on board while searching for dolphins and other animals.

Savor a continental breakfast and a BBQ-style lunch on your incredible journey.

Day 16 KAILUA KONA, HAWAII

Kona - Kona Flavors: Coffee, Chocolate & Beer

Journey into the heart of Kona where you’ll visit a coffee farm, a chocolate factory, and taste “liquid aloha” at a local brewery. On the slopes of the Hualālai volcano lies Kona, a land nourished by afternoon showers and rich volcanic soil. This region produces some of the finest chocolate, coffees, and ales in the world. Embark on an intimate group journey that explores Kona’s more sumptuous side. Visit Greenwell Farms, where you’ll learn how Kona coffee is grown, harvested, and processed. Sample nearly a dozen varieties of Kona coffee and discover firsthand why Kona coffee is some of the most sought-out in the world. Then, you’ll visit the Donkey Balls Chocolate Factory. See how chocolate is made and sample some of the factory’s more unique confections. In Kona Town, visit the Kona Brewing Company. Sample the company’s signature ales, noting hints of passion fruit, Kona coffee, and toasted coconut.

Highlights:

Enjoy a small-group journey along the coast, learning about Kona’s rich culture and history.

Discover Greenwell Farms and learn about how coffee is grown, harvested, and processed, followed by a Kona Coffee tasting.

Learn how Kona chocolate is made at the Donkey Balls Chocolate Factory and taste the chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Savor “liquid aloha” at the Kona Brewing Company, sampling the company’s signature ales.

Admire breathtaking views of the coast and the rich farmland of Kona.

Day 17 HILO, HAWAII

Secrets of Puna

Discover Hilo's best-kept secrets. Cool off under swaying palm trees in a natural lava rock lagoon and swim in a volcanically-heated natural lava rock lagoon. Head out to Kilauea Volcano and walk across the lava flows which entomb the village of Kalapana until you reach the black velvet sands of Kaimu Beach. Enjoy a Hawaiian barbecue lunch, complete with chilled champagne, then take a drive to view the stunning lava tree formations of Lava Tree State Park.

Highlights:

Drive across the black lava flows to Puna District and Kilauea Volcano.

Visit Lava Tree State Park, where in 1790 a lava flow covered the jungle and Ohia trees.

Follow your guide to a volcanically-heated coastal lagoon for swimming, snorkeling, or simply exploring the coastline.

Day 18 HILO, HAWAII

Best of Hilo and Akaka Falls

Visit three of Hilo's leading attractions on this highlights tour. Walk a mile-long natural pathway through lush tropical forest and

delight in the breathtaking sight of Akaka Falls, which cascade down 442 feet over a volcanic cliff. Travel through nut orchards to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center to sample tropical treats and shop. At Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo, animals live in a

botanical garden-like setting featuring orchids, bamboos and other tropical plants.

Highlights:

Akaka Falls: A walk through tropical forest reveals the stunning natural spectacle of water cascading over a volcanic cliff.

Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens: See the endangered Nene (the Hawaiian State Bird), other animals, and extensive plant

collections, all in a garden-like setting.

Local Flavors: Taste the tropics and shop for souvenirs at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center.

Day 19 At Sea

Day 20 At Sea

Day 21 At Sea

Day 22 At Sea

Day 23 NAt Sea

Day 24 VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA

Transfer to YVR flight to LAX to Visit Family

Day 25 Los Angeles

Visit Family

Day 26 Return Flight to Home via DFW

Edited by gerelmx

Our Hawaiin vacation was from Tuesday. November 7th -Tues. November 21 2017.4 days pre cruise 3days post cruise.

Honolulu: Day 1, Arrival, rented car with enterprise. Checked in at Aqua Pacific monarch(2 blocks from beach where King Duke is at. )

Walked beach, explored area.

Day 2: drove to towards North shore, stopping at Dole Plantation, Matsumotos for shaved ice in Haleiwa. Had lunch at Giovani shrimp truck (I think in Kahuku)

TIP: we purchased Gypsy App before travels , very helpful .

Day 3:Hanauma Bay for snorkling in morning, Lanaikai Beach in afternnon(gorgeous beach) . Had first Maiti at House without a Key(Halekelani Hotel) and watched a hula show.

Day 4:Hiked Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor (booked on line a month before for a reservation at 12:00pm to visit the Arizona Memorial. Free parking. Also hiked Manoa Falls.

Cruise Nov.11-18 2017

Day 1: embarkation . was pleased with our starboard balcony room 8180.

Day 2 Maui: took shuttle to airport, rented convertable with Thrifty(easy process). With our gypsy app to guide us, on way to the road to Hana, went as far as the 7 sacred pools . We left at 8am stopped many times (including black sand beach trails) back by 4pm before dark. Parked car at airport for the night and shuttle to cruise.

Day3 Maui: shuttle to pick up rental car, drove to Haleakala , hiked the Sliding Sand Trail(brings you inside crater). Drove to Hoopkepa Beach to watch surfers.

Day 4 Hilo: shuttle to airport for rental car(thrifty) drove to Volcano National park. There is a hotel across from Visitor centre, worth going in and go on the deck,gorgeous view of the crater with steam (a woman on the cruise suggested to go, glad I knew about it) .

Day 5 Kona: tender day. So booked a snorkling excursion from NCL Big Island Snorkling, with Body Glove, was excellent, included breakfast , lunch, water toys,took us to great snorkling site, saw spinner dolphins on the way .spent rest of afternoon on the beach closet to port.

Day 6 Kuai: shuttle to airport for car rental(thrifty) Drove to Waimea canyon checked out several viewing stops. Spent rest of afternoon at Poipu Beach. Parked car at Anchor Cove shopping centre $20 for the night. Walked to the ship from there(easy 10 minute walk) .

Day 7 Kuai: walked to shopping mall early to get car , drove to North shore as far as Ke'e Beach, viewed several beaches and waterfall on way back. Swam at the beach close to port.

Day 8 : Back to Honolulu, embarkation. Grabbed taxi to airport($30) to pick up rental car(enterprise) back to Aqua Pacific Monarch . Beach day on Waikiki.

The next two days before departing Hawaii, we hiked Coco Head, and spent more time exploring the different beaches. Had more shaved ice, ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise and concentrated on souvenir shopping(mostly Christmas presents at the time. My favourite stores were the ABC stores, found at everywhere.

Can't wait to go back

I think we finally finalized our plans for April

Thursday - Fly in to Honolulu (should be there around 2pm) Get settled in the hotel and walk over to the beach

Friday - Pearl Harbor and city tour then relax on the beach and catch the fireworks

Saturday - Visit Diamond Head. 2pm catch shuttle to pier.

Sunday - Maui - Rent car and visit Lahaina and the beaches

Monday - Rental car to Haleakala and Ioa Valley. Make a few other stops if time allows

Tuesday - Hilo - Tour of Volcanos National park with Ricky's Tours

Wednesday - Kona - No Plans, just walk around the area

Thursday - Bi-Plane ride with Air Ventures in the morning. Afternoon we have a river cruise an Luau through Roberts

Friday - Hawaii Movie Tour (Not sure if we are using Roberts or NCL yet)

Can't wait!

Planned Itinerary June 1-9 Pride of America

We are a family of 15 - staying two nights at the Embassy Suites prior to cruise and flying out the day we disembark.

Friday - hang out in Waikiki; eat; drink; shop; beach

Sat - hike Diamond Head & board.

Maui Day 1 - Halfway to Hana with Epic Experience Maui. We will be in two separate vans b/c of the size of our group. Starting early 7:45 and back on ship at 3:300.

Maui Day 2 - rent minivans and drive to Ka'anapali Beach; swim, eat, shop

Hilo - Port tour with Island Wide Family Tours includes Volcano National Park

Kona - snorkeling with Island Wide Family Tours

Nawailliwillli Day One- some will do a helicopter; some just hang out at the beach.

Nawailliwillli Day Two - beach time

Honolulu Disembark - Pearl Harbor tour either with NCL or the Jeep Tour. Still trying to decide.

Thanks for this thread - used it a lot in planning our adventure.

This is our planned itinerary for our April 28 POA cruise. For various reasons we will not be renting a car but will be taking mostly private excursions.

Day 1: Fly to HNL from NYC arrive at approximately 6 PM. Staying at Hyatt Place Waikiki.

Day 2: Battleships of WWII (Pearl Harbor ) Tour with Discover Hawaii Tours

Day 3: Ultimate Eco Adventure ( Island tour ) with Discover Hawaii Tours

Day 4: Walk around Waikiki in the morning. Possibly walk over to Kapiolani Park. Cab to ship at approximately 12 PM.

Day 5: Road to Hana with Valley Isle Excursions

Day 6: Still up in the air- will either do Haleakala- Maui Tour through Valley Isle if it becomes available or Haleakala through the ship.

Day 7: Hilo with Mary Lou"s Tours

Day 8: Kona with Mary Lou's Tours

Day 9: Waimea Canyon in the morning and Smith's Luau in the afternoon/evening with Roberts

Day 10: Director's cut movie tour with ship

Day 11: Probably do self disembarkation, store luggage and walk over to Iolani Palace. Leave for airport at approximately 12:00 for 3 PM flight back to NYC.

Will probably need a vacation when we get back from all the running around. Can't wait

Hello,

You don't need to book a tour to visit Pearl Harbor. If you go early enough, you can obtain free tickets to visit the USS Arizona Memorial and then see the museums on your own. We rented a vehicle while in Honolulu and went to PH on our own.

From the site:

Each morning, the National Park Service gives out approximately 1,300 free walk-in USS ArizonaMemorial boat/movie tickets. Visitors who want these tickets should arrive early; the gate opens at 7 a.m. Individuals must be present to receive a ticket, and the ticket is only available for programs occuring that same day.

Have a great time!

Angela

Planned Itinerary June 1-9 Pride of America

We are a family of 15 - staying two nights at the Embassy Suites prior to cruise and flying out the day we disembark.

Friday - hang out in Waikiki; eat; drink; shop; beach

Sat - hike Diamond Head & board.

Maui Day 1 - Halfway to Hana with Epic Experience Maui. We will be in two separate vans b/c of the size of our group. Starting early 7:45 and back on ship at 3:300.

Maui Day 2 - rent minivans and drive to Ka'anapali Beach; swim, eat, shop

Hilo - Port tour with Island Wide Family Tours includes Volcano National Park

Kona - snorkeling with Island Wide Family Tours

Nawailliwillli Day One- some will do a helicopter; some just hang out at the beach.

Nawailliwillli Day Two - beach time

Honolulu Disembark - Pearl Harbor tour either with NCL or the Jeep Tour. Still trying to decide.

Thanks for this thread - used it a lot in planning our adventure.

Wow! Have a great time!

Hop On Hop Off Trolley

Day 3 Embarkation day

Day 4 At Sea

Day 5 At Sea

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 At Sea

Day 9 HILO, HAWAII

Land of Frozen Fire

Journey into a landscape violently and beautifully shaped by Kilauea on this tour that will take you to Rainbow Falls, Lava Tree State Park, Ahalanui Thermal Pond, MacKenzie State Park, and Kaimu Black Sand Beach. You'll visit suburbs that live under the threat of lava flows, see a beautiful black sand beach, and travel to steep volcanic cliffs. After exploring this unique landscape, you'll visit Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Farm, where you can purchase souvenirs.

Highlights:

Admire the fury and beauty of Kilauea, an active volcano that shapes and reshapes the landscape.

Visit the village of Pahoa, where underlying volcanic soils are derived from the Kilauea Volcano.

See petrified trees, explore warm geothermal springs, and walk past the cooled lava flows that form this dynamic landscape.

Day 10 HILO, HAWAII

Awaken your senses during a unique small-group exploration of Hilo's fascinating volcanic environment and mouthwatering

gourmet delights. Expert guides showcase Hawaii Volcanoes National Park's tropical flora and fauna during leisurely strolls through lush rainforest and over new lava formations. At Jaggar Museum, explore real-time seismographs, stunning eruption footage and engaging displays. Along the way, savor Hilo Coffee Mill's famous brews, specialty picnic lunch with wine, and Big Island Candies' luscious chocolate-dipped macadamia nut shortbread cookies.

Highlights:

Explore how eruptions and lava flows formed Hilo's environment, as you indulge in the city's finest culinary treats.

Walk through the rain-forest and over lava flows, and explore a museum's eruption footage and seismographs.

Enjoy fresh 100-percent Hawaiian-grown coffee, a picnic lunch with wine, and chocolate-dipped macadamia nut shortbread

cookies.

Kona Highlights

Your tour will start with a visit to Kona's Painted Church, known for its incredible murals and rich history. Your next stop will be

the Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park. Those who broke the Kapu, the ancient Hawaiians' sacred laws, were sentenced to die, but those who could evade their pursuers and reach Pu'uhonua were spared certain death and granted refuge. This attractive historic park includes Hawaiian artifacts and beautiful surroundings unique to Kona. End with a cup of Royal Kona’s famous coffee which has been grown and roasted locally for almost a half a century.

Highlights:

See the Painted Church, a beautiful historic church that overlooks Kealakekua Bay.

Visit Pu‘uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park, which translates to "Place of Refuge."

Maui Deluxe Sightseeing

Visit some of Maui’s leading attractions on this deluxe sightseeing tour, including Iao Valley, Maui Tropical Plantation, and Maui Ocean Center. In Iao Valley, you’ll take in beautiful views of unusual geological formations, covered in lush jungle foliage. Then, you’ll take a narrated tram ride through the Maui Tropical Plantation’s tropical fruit and macadamia nut orchards and see the sugar cane fields, with time to shop at the Made-in-Maui Marketplace. Finally, you’ll discover Hawaii’s unique marine life while strolling through the tropical aquarium exhibits at the Maui Ocean Center.

Highlights:

Immerse yourself in beautiful tropical landscapes at Iao Valley, a sacred place to islanders and site of an important 1790 battle.

Discover Hawaii’s agricultural heritage while exploring the Maui Tropical Plantation’s lovely sugar cane tropical fruit and

macadamia orchards.

Learn about the various and distinct Pacific Ocean marine environments at the unique Maui Ocean Center.

Adventure to Hana

Discover a remote paradise and captivating views as you head to Hana and beyond, an isolated coastal rainforest nestled between the eastern slopes of Haleakala and the Pacific Ocean. This undeveloped tropical oasis offers an array of plant life, rugged shoreline, and some of the best beaches on the island. Your tour includes several scenic stops, including a visit to the grave site of the worldrenowned aviator, Charles Lindbergh. ()

Highlights:

Enjoy incredible views of the lush wilderness, keeping an eye out for exotic birds and other wildlife.

Travel along a coastal roadway and see areas that have long been home to taro, banana, and yam production.

Embark on an unforgettable snorkel adventure off the coast and bays of Lanai, home to wild spinner, bottlenose, and spotted

dolphins. Board a sleek catamaran and sail off to a gorgeous Lanai reef, where you'll enjoy a guided snorkel, led by knowledgeable marine naturalists. Explore the crystal-clear waters and search for exotic marine life. Wild dolphins are frequently seen swimming right up to the boat, enjoying bow riding and doing playful flips and leaps.

Highlights:

Travel into Lanai's gorgeous waters on a 65-foot ultra smooth, eco friendly catamaran.

Listen to the expert advice of your marine naturalist on board while searching for dolphins and other animals.

Journey into the heart of Kona where you’ll visit a coffee farm, a chocolate factory, and taste “liquid aloha” at a local brewery. On the slopes of the Hualālai volcano lies Kona, a land nourished by afternoon showers and rich volcanic soil. This region produces some of the finest chocolate, coffees, and ales in the world. Embark on an intimate group journey that explores Kona’s more sumptuous side. Visit Greenwell Farms, where you’ll learn how Kona coffee is grown, harvested, and processed. Sample nearly a dozen varieties of Kona coffee and discover firsthand why Kona coffee is some of the most sought-out in the world. Then, you’ll visit the Donkey Balls Chocolate Factory. See how chocolate is made and sample some of the factory’s more unique confections. In Kona Town, visit the Kona Brewing Company. Sample the company’s signature ales, noting hints of passion fruit, Kona coffee, and toasted coconut.

Highlights:

Enjoy a small-group journey along the coast, learning about Kona’s rich culture and history.

Discover Greenwell Farms and learn about how coffee is grown, harvested, and processed, followed by a Kona Coffee tasting.

Learn how Kona chocolate is made at the Donkey Balls Chocolate Factory and taste the chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Savor “liquid aloha” at the Kona Brewing Company, sampling the company’s signature ales.

Day 17 HILO, HAWAII

Secrets of Puna

Discover Hilo's best-kept secrets. Cool off under swaying palm trees in a natural lava rock lagoon and swim in a volcanically-heated natural lava rock lagoon. Head out to Kilauea Volcano and walk across the lava flows which entomb the village of Kalapana until you reach the black velvet sands of Kaimu Beach. Enjoy a Hawaiian barbecue lunch, complete with chilled champagne, then take a drive to view the stunning lava tree formations of Lava Tree State Park.

Highlights:

Visit Lava Tree State Park, where in 1790 a lava flow covered the jungle and Ohia trees.

Follow your guide to a volcanically-heated coastal lagoon for swimming, snorkeling, or simply exploring the coastline.

Day 18 HILO, HAWAII

Visit three of Hilo's leading attractions on this highlights tour. Walk a mile-long natural pathway through lush tropical forest and

delight in the breathtaking sight of Akaka Falls, which cascade down 442 feet over a volcanic cliff. Travel through nut orchards to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center to sample tropical treats and shop. At Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo, animals live in a

botanical garden-like setting featuring orchids, bamboos and other tropical plants.

Highlights:

Akaka Falls: A walk through tropical forest reveals the stunning natural spectacle of water cascading over a volcanic cliff.

Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens: See the endangered Nene (the Hawaiian State Bird), other animals, and extensive plant

Local Flavors: Taste the tropics and shop for souvenirs at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center.

Day 19 At Sea

Day 20 At Sea

Day 21 At Sea

Day 22 At Sea

Day 23 NAt Sea

Day 25 Los Angeles

Visit Family

Thanks for the info.

Hello,

You don't need to book a tour to visit Pearl Harbor. If you go early enough, you can obtain free tickets to visit the USS Arizona Memorial and then see the museums on your own. We rented a vehicle while in Honolulu and went to PH on our own.

From the site:

Each morning, the National Park Service gives out approximately 1,300 free walk-in USS ArizonaMemorial boat/movie tickets. Visitors who want these tickets should arrive early; the gate opens at 7 a.m. Individuals must be present to receive a ticket, and the ticket is only available for programs occuring that same day.

Have a great time!

Angela

Hop On Hop Off Trolley

Day 3 Embarkation day

Day 4 At Sea

Day 5 At Sea

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 At Sea

Day 9 HILO, HAWAII

Land of Frozen Fire

Highlights:

Day 10 HILO, HAWAII

Highlights:

cookies.

Kona Highlights

Highlights:

Maui Deluxe Sightseeing

Highlights:

macadamia orchards.

Adventure to Hana

Highlights:

Highlights:

Highlights:

Day 17 HILO, HAWAII

Secrets of Puna

Highlights:

Day 18 HILO, HAWAII

Highlights:

Day 19 At Sea

Day 20 At Sea

Day 21 At Sea

Day 22 At Sea

Day 23 NAt Sea

Day 25 Los Angeles

Visit Family

Some great sounding tours. What tour companies are you going with? We sail this September on Celebrity Solstice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...

This thread was so helpful to us when planning our 1st trip to Hawaii, I am paying it forward.

We went for 10 nights starting April 4th, 2018

April 4th Wed - Flew American out of Tampa through Dallas to Honolulu

Used Johhny cab, pre-booked to the Coconut Waikiki Hotel for 3 nights

Walked around and had early dinner had Hula Grill with an oceanfront table.

Coconut Waikiki was very nice! Stay on 10th floor with a view of the mountains.

Good location, everything within walking distance. Decent free breakfast.

April 5th Thur Used Kaimana Tours for transportation to MakaPu'u lighthouse hike. Fun !

Went to Chiefs Luau on the Royal Pkg. Sat up front. Excellent show-food so so.

April 6th Fri Used Kaimana tours for rides to Diamond Head and Manoa Fall. Both hikes very

beautiful and tiring. Ate a late lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise--very good!

April 7th Sat Booked a private tour with Oahu private tours for North Shore Hybrid tour.

Picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off at the Pride of America.

Book this tour early as it fills up and our guide Cannon was excellent!

Got to ship around 3:30 and walked right on--no lines.

Deck 11 inside cabin. great deck to just walk to buffet and pool area.

April 8th Sun Arrived in Maui and rented a car for 2 days with Enterprise. Walked to pick up car

as it was not at the airport. We reserved a "they pick your car" Give a pickup truck

Drove to Haleakala summit. It was rainy, so it was fine, but not as beautiful as it

could have been, but used the Shaka app with worked great! Afterwards drove to

upcountry and winery. really glad we had the truck as many roads were flooded

badly and we were able to cross where smaller cars could not.

Parked at the mall near the ship for free even with the warning signs. Many

people were doing the same. We took our chances and the car was fine.

April 9th Mon Second day, drove to Lahaina . Much better weather on the other side of the island

We walked around and shopped and ate shaved ice. The ABC stores are great to

pick up a snack if needed. Lots of traffic back to ship. Returned car.

Went to dinner at Teppanyaki on the ship. Lots of fun!

April 10 Tues Arrived in Hilo. Booked Mary Lou's tours. We had a substitute guide, since Mary

Lou was ill. Daniel was a native and had great stories. Nice tour. Saw Volcano

National Park along with other things.

Got back on ship and went to lei making class and had dinner at Italian place.

Least favorite restaurant. Pasta was better at the buffet make to order station.

April 11 Wed Tender port in Hilo. We took the day off and just walked around the streets and

shopped and looked around. Nice day. Line for tender was long to get back.

Went to another Lei making class and ate at Cagney's. Great steak, lots of food.

April 12 Thur Arrived in Kauai. rented a care through Thrifty. Got off ship early to catch shuttle

to airport. Rented an SUV and drove to Wailua falls close by and went back to

airport to catch our 10:30 flight with Wings over Kauai in a private Cessna.

Great company. Nice ride with sunny views of the Napali coastline. Other parts

of the island were clouded in-not able to see anything. After flight, we drove to

Waimea Canyon with the Shaka app. Rained all the way up to the top. Glad to

have brought throw away sneakers with all the hiking we did. Covered in mud, we

gladly threw them away after the cruise. Rain eased up and were able to see some

nice views on the way back down. We wanted to go to the other side of the island,

traffic was bad on the way back, so we decided to return the rental since the shuttle

was only until 6:00pm and we didn't want to pay a cab to get back to ship.

Dinner at the buffet. Nice selection and not crowded since most were at luau.

April 13 Fri Short day, so we just walked over the shops and walked around the Marriot. We

waited for Dukes to open, so we could try the Hula Pie ! YUM ! Went back to ship

to rest and start packing. Later that day, we listened to the Napali Coat narrative

from deck 6 and had dinner at East meets West. Nice meal!

April 14 Sat Booked the early bird Pearl Harbor tour. They stayed with our luggage and then

took us to the airport by noon for our 3:00pm flight. Food at the airport was the

most expensive that we had seen the whole time in Hawaii. Eat before you get

there, if possible. Flew to Maui, then Dallas, then Tampa.

Overview: We had a nice time. The ship was better than expected. We had read such negative

things, but we were presently surprised. The food was good. We had no issues

with the service. We enjoyed the classes on board and the few shows we attended.

We really booked this cruise knowing we would not be on board most of the time.

We used it as a floating hotel for eating and sleeping. We brought a soft fold-able

cooler to pack food for our day trips. We read that it was ok and it was very

helpful for our road trips as there is very little in food stops along the way. I took

lots of baggies and packed cookies and snacks from the buffet. They also had

chicken salad sandwiches that packed well. I made peanut better sandwiches as

well. Very cost efficient. We had booked this cruise a year in advance and it took a lot of

planning. We saved a lot of money by booking everything way far out, especially the hotel and cars. The cruise had doubled in price and the airfare was crazy expensive close in. Plan ahead and go the flow. We wish the weather had been a little better, but we were prepared, so it was fine. On to future trips !

Thanks for your details! I have a few questions for you:

"April 8th Sun Arrived in Maui and rented a car for 2 days with Enterprise. Walked to pick up car

as it was not at the airport. We reserved a "they pick your car" Give a pickup truck

Drove to Haleakala summit. It was rainy, so it was fine, but not as beautiful as it

could have been, but used the Shaka app with worked great! Afterwards drove to

upcountry and winery. really glad we had the truck as many roads were flooded

badly and we were able to cross where smaller cars could not.

Parked at the mall near the ship for free even with the warning signs. Many

people were doing the same. We took our chances and the car was fine. "

How long did you spend in Haleakala? We want to go as well, but not aiming for sunrise or sunset.

"April 12 Thur Arrived in Kauai. rented a care through Thrifty. Got off ship early to catch shuttle

to airport. Rented an SUV and drove to Wailua falls close by and went back to

airport to catch our 10:30 flight with Wings over Kauai in a private Cessna.

Great company. Nice ride with sunny views of the Napali coastline. Other parts

of the island were clouded in-not able to see anything. After flight, we drove to

Waimea Canyon with the Shaka app. Rained all the way up to the top. Glad to

have brought throw away sneakers with all the hiking we did. Covered in mud, we

gladly threw them away after the cruise. Rain eased up and were able to see some

nice views on the way back down. We wanted to go to the other side of the island,

traffic was bad on the way back, so we decided to return the rental since the shuttle

was only until 6:00pm and we didn't want to pay a cab to get back to ship.

Dinner at the buffet. Nice selection and not crowded since most were at luau."

Wow it sounds like you did alot on this day! How long did you spend on the Waimea canyon trip? Did you like the Shaka App for this as well? If we wanted to stop at some beaches or a small town on the way back, does Shaka give tips on that too?

"We used it as a floating hotel for eating and sleeping. We brought a soft fold-able

cooler to pack food for our day trips. We read that it was ok and it was very

helpful for our road trips as there is very little in food stops along the way. I took

lots of baggies and packed cookies and snacks from the buffet. They also had

chicken salad sandwiches that packed well. I made peanut better sandwiches as

well. Very cost efficient. "

Thanks for this tip, I think we will do the same! Would the buffet also have easy to grab whole fruit like apples, bananas, oranges?