Port of Galveston

grammymarcia

Booked the repositioning cruise for the Breeze from Galveston to Port Canaveral in September 2018 which airport would be the best to use? Coming in a day in advance any hotel recommendations? Thanks

Hobby (HOB)is closer to the port than Houston International (IAH) by maybe 20 -30 minutes. If you have a favorite airline, it may only go to one airport and not the other.

Can't help with a hotel recommendation, I always fly in the morning of the cruise. ( Exceptions are Europe and Alaska).

You would fly into Orlando. There are a great number of hotels in that area or you could head down towards the port and stay in Cocoa Beach.

I believe the Breeze's home port is currently Galveston. At least that's where I'm flying into on Dec 3. The OP says their cruise is a repo, ending in PC.

Since your location says Florida I assume you're flying to Texas. Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is about 72 miles from Galveston. Houston Hobby Airport (HOU) is about 45 miles from Galveston. There is a limo service that comes highly recommended but not sure of the name. You can probably find it in the North American Homeports > Gulf Coast Departures section of CC.

We had a great vacation n Texas last summer (2016) for three weeks including a week on the Breeze...brilliant! Being from the UK we flew in to and out of Houston George Bush. But there is another airport Hobby that was much closer....if that's accessible to you you are closer and miss crossing Houston.

Loved Texas and the Breeze by the way.

SWA to Hobby for sure. Plenty of motels right in the area of the airport. Shuttle back to Hobby in morning to pick up your cruise shuttle. You'll find numerous threads in the Gulf Coast homeports section of the board.

Hobby (HOB)is closer to the port than Houston International (IAH) by maybe 20 -30 minutes. If you have a favorite airline, it may only go to one airport and not the other.

Can't help with a hotel recommendation, I always fly in the morning of the cruise. ( Exceptions are Europe and Alaska).

It's actually HOU. :D