Silver Muse Silver suite deck 9 10 or 11

frockoff

Can someone please assist,

Deck 9 the only suite left is next to laundry

Deck 10 - is over the pool

Deck 11 - too high

Any comments on which deck to choose?

We were on the recent transatlantic in 1107. Initially, we were worried that it would be "too high" and unstable for the crossing. But, we loved being on deck 11, it is very quiet as there are fewer suites, and the observation lounge and pool deck are steps away. The Explorer is a very stable ship in rough seas.

We were on the recent transatlantic in 1107. Initially, we were worried that it would be "too high" and unstable for the crossing. But, we loved being on deck 11, it is very quiet as there are fewer suites, and the observation lounge and pool deck are steps away. The Explorer is a very stable ship in rough seas.

I meant to say the "Silver Muse"! Not Explorer.

Just a quick response - Deck 11 was the best - quiet - Obs Lounge on one end and pizza on the other.

We were just in 1102 and loved it. That suite had the added advantage of having the unisex lavatory right next door. It was never used, and we felt as if we had a two bathroom suite! We loved having direct access to the outside on Deck 11 whereas on the Spirit, you must go down to deck 10.

.... The Explorer is a very stable ship in rough seas.

Did you mean the Muse instead?

In 2010, Caribbean, on the Spirit's observation lounge, it was quite rough, substantially rougher than our deck 5 cabin, This time, we did not sense much difference between the decks. Perhaps the waves were not so strong. The Muse and the Spirit presumably had similar hulls.

Did you mean the Muse instead?

In 2010, Caribbean, on the Spirit's observation lounge, it was quite rough, substantially rougher than our deck 5 cabin, This time, we did not sense much difference between the decks. Perhaps the waves were not so strong. The Muse and the Spirit presumably had similar hulls.

If you scroll down to the post immediately under the original one, you will see that I corrected it to the Muse.

We don’t use the term “unisex” anymore.

“Gender neutral” or just “lavatory” works just fine. (note: my husband is the director of an LGBT equity center and corrects me constantly)

Sorry if I offended you, but I am old fashioned, and I find unisex to be all inclusive. Actually, the lavatory was curious. It was indeed not gender neutral since one toilet room was marked for women, and the other had no gender marking on it at all.

Sorry if I offended you, but I am old fashioned, and I find unisex to be all inclusive. Actually, the lavatory was curious. It was indeed not gender neutral since one toilet room was marked for women, and the other had no gender marking on it at all.

No offense taken. I suppose most of us on the gorgeous Muse are old fashioned, and that’s a good thing. I’d love to hear more about the Observation Lounge/Library. I think it will become my favorite spot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on deck 11 and also used the unisex facilities as a "second bathroom" on occasion.

If you scroll down to the post immediately under the original one, you will see that I corrected it to the Muse.

Thank you. We missed that posting.

By the way, some hotels have special concierge/suite floors for exclusivity. To a good extent (of course they are not closed off to others), decks 10 and 11 are "silver floors" where silver guests can feel especially like 'home".

Presumably, the longer you stay, the more you would appreciate the extra space. And with butlers who attend to half the number of cabins, and therefore you can use them around the clock without feeling uneasy for them, the more you will enjoy those grand voyages or world cruises when they offer them. Of course, the main caveat is affordability!

Edited by meow!

Thank you. We missed that posting.

By the way, some hotels have special concierge/suite floors for exclusivity. To a good extent (of course they are not closed off to others), decks 10 and 11 are "silver floors" where silver guests can feel especially like 'home".

Presumably, the longer you stay, the more you would appreciate the extra space. And with butlers who attend to half the number of cabins, and therefore you can use them around the clock without feeling uneasy for them, the more you will enjoy those grand voyages or world cruises when they offer them. Of course, the main caveat is affordability!

We are long time Cruisers on SS and other luxury and non luxury lines and have lived in many places around the world. The butler concept on SS is a bit overplayed as a marketing tactic (butler for all). When, in reality, staffing patterns cannot possibly deliver the service portrayed to all suites. Staying in a Silver Suite is a great privilege for us and we are very grateful to be able to do so. Even though the butlers may have a lower ratio of guests to butlers in the Silver Suites, we are very low maintenance. So, we rarely "use" the services. It was the butler that insisted on bringing us items in spite of us telling him he didn't need to. And, for the few times in 28 days that we did order room service or other service after or before the butler's working hours, ( calling the central service number), he is the one that showed up to deliver. We told him we were surprised to see him working so late or so early, he said he insists on attending to his guests at any time. Silversea is very fortunate to have such a committed staff member.

• 4 weeks later...

We are on Silver Muse, Suite 1108'. Splendid idea to book this suite. Deck 11 overlooking everything. Ship movements are ok. Our cruise ends in Babados. Will e a hard day for, having to go back to freezing northern Germany. Bitte March will come soon and Babados -Monte Carlo on Seabourn Quest is waiting for us.