Air line seats

cornish pasty

The airlines designed the aircraft assuming passengers will recline their seats to provide the best comfort for everyone on the aircraft.

Unfortunately, maximizing capacity (profit) got in the way, so now you have bare minimum pitch (distance between seats). Hence this discussion about reclining seats.

I am afraid the world is divided into those who are considerate and those who are inconsiderate. These sort of threads will never change people if they have been brought up to be inconsiderate. People will always justify their behaviour in their own minds. It is the ‘me first’ culture these days.

Complain to the airline; that's who specifies the seat recline features. Or I could just turn it around on you and say that the folks who don't think someone should be allowed to avail themselves of all the features of a product they paid for are the ones who are inconsiderate. :rolleyes:

I'm 6'8" with a 34" inseam. During take off an landing when bags are required to be stowed under seat or in the overhead and you are sitting in front of me you are not reclining. No place to put my feet, knees up against the seat in front of me.

Of course in cruise I will pull out my bags and place them under my legs and me feet go under the seat. You may be able to recline.

Actually had a passenger in front of me complain when we left the gate and he couldn't recline even though your seat back should be up during take off. That was one flight my bags stayed stowed.

Actually a peeve of mine is clowns, especially in the aisle seat, that immediately upon boarding want to slam their seat back in full recline!

Dude, there are people trying to get into their seats in the row behind you. They have carryon to stow, they need to get situated! Keep you seat back up until after take off. You’re Not the only passenger on the plane!