Ft Lauderdale Flight Departure flight times

MrBill923

Never thought I would have to post a question like this, as I always do plenty of research before making a decision.

We are booked on Reflection out of Port Everglades in March. I booked flights with United back in May for our return flight to Chicago (booked American going to FLL). I just got an email from United stating they changed our flight time from 12:15 pm earlier to 10:59 am. I had confidence that there would be a 99% chance we could make a 12:15 pm flight since the airport is 10 mins away, but now the flight is way earlier. We prefer not to get up earlier and rush around to get off the ship. I haven't called United yet to try to change the flight as the next non-stop is not until 4:28 pm, and don't really want to have to wait around another 4-5 hours to return home.

I see American has several non-stops returning all afternoon, and I would like to re-book with them. I have seen other posts on this subject, but I am interested in getting refund from United.

Anyone have any experience with this situation? Will United let me cancel and give me a full refund since they made the change? Will United allow to cancel because the flight is too early?

Thanks for your experiences.

My experience is that they will change the flight without a charge as CruiserBruce says.

You can make this flight but it will mean you'll need to be offer sooner rather then later.

I would call United to see what your options are in the afternoon and then with this information you can decide whether or not to change the flight.

Keith

That's unfortunate. I had AA do this to me once, with a flight that was leaving FLL to ORD at 7:00pm change to 4:30pm. I had scheduled the flight after a conference for work in Lauderdale to do a weekend trip with my wife to Chicago. There were no other flights to ORD that day from FLL, that was the last flight.

I complained about this, as it would make my trip impossible, I then asked them to change my flight to a flight from MIA instead of FLL. They stated they could not do that at first, but after some more pushing, they obliged and put me on a flight from MIA to ORD that worked with my schedule. Actually I remember almost not making that flight because of traffic.

Anyway, if you don't want to take the now early flight (you can make that flight, just need to get off early) and you don't want tot take the 4:30 flight. Check your options for MIA-ORD. Maybe there is a flight that makes sense from there, and push for them to get you on that one. They might say they can't because its different "cities" but in reality they know both airports serve the same market.

Of course that means an Uber or shuttle to MIA, but its about $40.00.