Tahiti dreaming for 2 young professionals

Gabanna31

good morning My husband and I have been traveling for decades now looking for the ultimate luxury, relaxing, intimate experience. A trip that will just blow our minds and I think we found it!!

The Tahiti itinerary seems to fit our needs to a T.

My question is - will we be the youngest passengers ? ( age 29 & 35)

We aren’t the party types- more of the swim and go on adventures all day and then relax with a nice dinner. And log some spa time

I would love to hear from other young guests and their impressions.

Cheers

Hi, my wife and I sailed on the Spirit from Tahiti to Auckland a few years back. I just turned 40 and my wife was in her mid 30's. We were not the youngest as their were guests in their early 30's, singles and couples alike. We found the age mix enhanced the cruise though and we met some amazing people on the trip from all around the world. We still talk about it.

It is a fantastic part of the world, and if you are able to, stay at the Sofitel Moorea to start or finish your holiday.

We have booked on the Silver Muse from Auckland to Bali in Feb 2019 and just can't wait to sail with them again.

Well technically, from her CC posts, the OP has been cruising for more than one decade - 1.1 to be precise, she has posts from 2006 - so she's not in the strictest sense wrong.

To the OP - I see you have come up through a number of the mainstream lines - Canival, NCL, RCI, P'cess - I did much the same and was very happy when I finally reached Silversea. The level of quality and comfort, and the size of the ships, and the friendliness of the officers and crew, feels just right after the big ships. And now that the mainstreams are upping the grats and the booze packages and all the rest, Silversea is actually pretty good value for money.

I'm just about to board the Muse today - can't wait to not only be back aboard again but also to get my first look at the new ship!

PS - almost forgot - yes, you'll love cruising round French Polynesia - go for it! Even if you are the youngest pax on board, which I doubt, it won't matter in the slightest as many SS pax remain young in mind and outlook long after their more solid bits might disagree.

Edited by jollyjones

Jolly,

Bon voyage...

Can't wait to hear your impressions of the muse.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment.

Hi Spins,

Yes, I'm getting very excited!! It'll be a bit weird at the port tho' - the Whisper is also in and I only disembarked from her three weeks ago, I'm going to feel rather schizophrenic.

Have a look at the dining solo thread ...

Jolly jones et al

Thank you for your kind reply and reflecting on your experiences as you have traveled different cruise lines - have a wonderful upcoming journey

And yes - I suppose we have been fortunate to be sophisticated from the ages of 2 and 8.

I spoke with a very helpful rep today about the Tahitian itinerary and as soon as we confirm our schedules we will go ahead and book. I am very much looking forward to a more personal and intimate adventure sans the “masses”

Wishing all a merry and bright holiday season

Hi Gabanna31, our first cruise was to Tahiti on Paul Gauguin and it was wonderful. We were spoiled by the small cruise line and eventually found Silversea. Both cruise lines are the ultimate luxury. For Tahiti I definitely recommend the Paul Gauguin! The excursions was definitely the best. For the rest of the world Silversea is a great luxury experience for any age bracket. Either Silversea or Paul Gauguin will be a winner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My question is - will we be the youngest passengers ? ( age 29 & 35)
IMO, it depends on the time of year your journey coincides with school holidays. For example, my DH and I are in our early 50's and on a recent fall voyage we were one of the youngest couples on board, whereas when we were in our early 40's and cruised Alaska or the Med in the summer, we were just a part of the great middle with many, many couples younger than us.

Regardless of age, based on your description of the voyage you seek, I believe you will enjoy Silversea immensely. Best wishes!

My son and daughter-in-law did their honeymoon cruise on Paul Gaugin in Tahiti at ages 29 and 28 respectively. They had a great time. Her favorite trip ever.

I think you would have a fine time on Silversea--very similar.

Do your homework.What one person likes another does not.We normally like Seaboune 1st SS second.We took the Paul Gaugin it was in our opinion the worse cruise we have ever taken.It did not come close to SB or SS.

Food was not to our liking ,no water activities off the boat,very disorganized .We took their all inclusive which was air hotels and cruise. We upgraded everything and still not anywhere near what you will get on SS.You might decide that PG is for you and enjoy it is the only way we learn,