Door Width - HC SPA Cabin 11203 on Carnival Magic

J&B in GA

I've booked the HC SPA Cabin 11203 on Carnival Magic for early next year and although I've seen pics and videos of the interior of the cabin which shows a fully accessible bathroom with roll in shower, my travel agent was contact today by Carnival's Special Needs group telling her that the cabin entrance door width is standard size, not wide enough for my 22" wide mobility scooter. They wanted to move me to a smaller HC SPA Cabin 11202 which they said has the wider door width. Anyone here have personal knowledge of the actual door width for cabin 11203 ? Thank you.

Looked at "cruisedeckplans", and it lists both cabins as having 32" wide doors. However, the Carnival deck plan shows 11203 as being "ambulatory accessible" (which is their "modified accessible cabin category), meaning it does not have a wide door, and there will most likely be a step up into the bathroom. 11202 is a "fully accessible" cabin, and is the only fully accessible spa cabin.

I've booked the HC SPA Cabin 11203 on Carnival Magic for early next year and although I've seen pics and videos of the interior of the cabin which shows a fully accessible bathroom with roll in shower, my travel agent was contact today by Carnival's Special Needs group telling her that the cabin entrance door width is standard size, not wide enough for my 22" wide mobility scooter. They wanted to move me to a smaller HC SPA Cabin 11202 which they said has the wider door width. Anyone here have personal knowledge of the actual door width for cabin 11203 ? Thank you.

11203 (spa cabin - 6S) is listed as an ambulatory accessible cabin (meaning that it has the larger bathroom with bars, but no other accessible features). The door width is 22", 2" of which would be taken up by the door itself. 11202 is a also an AA cabin with the same door width. The sizes are the same. 10202 is a fully accessible cabin with a 32' doorway, but is not a spa cabin.

Thanks for the replies, but I had already researched the information provided from both "cruisedeckplans" and Carnival's websites. My scooter will fit thru a standard 22" door opening, but it's a tight fit. There are no obstructions on the inside of the cabin, so the door should be able to open beyond the standard 90 degrees, which means the door thickness should not be an obstruction. We had a Premium Balcony last year and that door opened up approximately 120 degrees.

I was hoping to hear from someone that had personal knowledge of Cabin 11203 by having stayed in it before. But either way, we should be fine.

Thanks again.

I use a heavy duty mobility scooter 28 inches wide it will fit through the door of 11202 which is 32 inches wide as it is a fully accesible cabin. I have this cabin booked for an upcoming cruise. At 22 inches your scooter will be a very tight fit in the doorway of 11203 because it is a ambulatory cabin with standard 22.5 inch door 21 inches with the door .as for size 11202 was a very roomy cabin with more than enough room to turn my scooter around. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in 11204 on the Dream. The main reason these cabins are now listed as ambulatory accessible instead of fully accessible is because the toilet is on an angle and so the placement of the toilet grab bars does not meet the current Ada standards.

My mother's wheelchair is 26 inches wide and fit through the door with no issues.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

We stayed in 11204 on the Dream. The main reason these cabins are now listed as ambulatory accessible instead of fully accessible is because the toilet is on an angle and so the placement of the toilet grab bars does not meet the current Ada standards.

My mother's wheelchair is 26 inches wide and fit through the door with no issues.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Accessible cabins on the Carnival Magic are not required to meet current ADA standards. In-fact there's only one cruise ship in the world that the cabins are required to meet current ADA standards and that ship is NCL's Pride of America. Reason the Pride of America is the only cruise ship registered to the USA, sails under the USA flag, permanently based and cruises only in the USA Hawaiian Islands.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked 11203 on the Breeze for a member of our group cruise. This is the info I got from special needs and I even asked them to verify it again. Cruise in March 4. 2018. I tend to disagree with the " no turn around space" as I have seen photos of this cabin and there appears to be plenty of turn space.

Thank you for your email please be advised of the following procedure for your request.

In regards to your inquiry, our accessible cabins fleet wide will be going through a re-categorization in the near future. However, for your current sailing onboard the Carnival Breeze your assigned ambulatory accessible cabin 11203, will have the accessibility features that will accommodate your needs such as a wider entry doorway and no step or lip into the bathroom. It will not have turnaround space in the cabin or bathroom.

Please know that in the near future our ambulatory accessible cabins will lose their accessibility features during the conversion process and will not be suitable to accommodate a limited or no mobility guest or guest traveling with wider wheelchairs, scooters or walkers