Can you change the date on a Celebrity cruise once you put the deposit down?

Hello' date='

I already put down a deposit on a Celebrity cruise, but now have to change the date? Can I change the date of the cruise without losing the deposit?[/quote']

Ask this on the Celebrity forum. Maybe someone will know. If you are before final payment I would think yes since you could cancel and rebook. But if you have already made final payment, I doubt you can change.

Terms vary depending which country you booked in.

No doubt answers you've been given are appropriate for the USA.

But, as essiesmom's post, not necessarily for those booking in UK/Europe. And mebbe not in Aus.

Best to read thro Celebrity's terms on their website for your home country, but even if the terms say you have no entitlement it's worth asking them - you might find them co-operative if its just a change of date & the cruise isn't imminent.

JB :)

Hello' date='

I already put down a deposit on a Celebrity cruise, but now have to change the date? Can I change the date of the cruise without losing the deposit?[/quote']

Celebrity now has nonrefundable bookings. If your booking falls in this category there will be a $100 fee per person to change. If you purchased refundable there is no penalty from celebrity but there may be from your TA. Good luck.

Celebrity does not require you to cancel and rebook if you want to change your cruise date or ship as long as you are not after final payment, have book under US booking policies, and did not book under the new non refundable deposit program. You keep the same booking number and just make the change. This is handy if you booked on board with a book on board OBC.

• 4 months later...