P&O cruise credits will no longer count towards Princess Captain’s Circle status (for

h3rjp

I think a lot of non-flyers look at doing a double transatlantic on QM2 with Cunard but this only gives you a part day in New York. Princess do a world cruise each year and run it well late in comparison to most other lines. In 2019 Sea Princess is doing Dover to New York 9 July to 21 July calling at Portland (UK), Cobh (Cork), Reyjavik, St. Johns and New York. This cruise sector is not popular with Americans and is always comparitively inexpensive per night.

This lines up with returning on Queen Elizabeth or QM2. Queen Elizabeth is doing 24 July 2019 New York calling at Halifax NS,St.Johns, Isatjader, Reyjavik, Glasgow (Greenock), Dublin and Southampton 8 August 2019. A quicker return is QM2 New York 28 July 2019 (giving a longer US stay) and direct to Southampton 4 August 2019.

Regards John

Bit complicated John. I was talking about P&O having round trips from Southampton every month of the year . We often cruise October and early November, and in January and February. Or April/ May. For most of those months there is only P&O with any cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bit complicated John. I was talking about P&O having round trips from Southampton every month of the year . We often cruise October and early November, and in January and February. Or April/ May. For most of those months there is only P&O with any cruises.

Problem I have found is that if you cruise long enough there comes a point when you have got to think outside the box to go anywhere new. It's getting worse as ships get bigger. Also I have found getting inside school holidays it's limited with P&O ex-Southampton.

Regards John

Princess do a world cruise each year and run it well late in comparison to most other lines. In 2019 Sea Princess is doing Dover to New York 9 July to 21 July calling at Portland (UK), Cobh (Cork), Reyjavik, St. Johns and New York. This cruise sector is not popular with Americans and is always comparitively inexpensive per night.

This cruise interested me. If anyone wants to book there are only inside and balcony cabins available, as it is a sector of a world cruise.

Problem I have found is that if you cruise long enough there comes a point when you have got to think outside the box to go anywhere new. It's getting worse as ships get bigger. Also I have found getting inside school holidays it's limited with P&O ex-Southampton.

Regards John

I stoped having the problem of school holidays 10 years ago. I tend to avoid them now as the price goes up.

I have only just spotted this thread. I have 152 days cruising with P&O and am registered on Princess as elite.

Booked my first cruise with them yesterday (12th) for a 7 nighters to Norway in July. Got my confirmation email today which clearly shows our loyalty level as Elite. Unsure now if we get to keep it or start from zero.

I have only just spotted this thread. I have 152 days cruising with P&O and am registered on Princess as elite.

Booked my first cruise with them yesterday (12th) for a 7 nighters to Norway in July. Got my confirmation email today which clearly shows our loyalty level as Elite. Unsure now if we get to keep it or start from zero.

As your Princess cruise is only next year, then I think you will start as a NEW cruiser on Princess. It may take them awhile to re-adjust your level down from Elite to new cruiser.

My friends were refused, their tier went to blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Bad news I'm afraid we booked on May 17th 2017 to sail on the Crown Princess Feb 2018, and was given elite status as we are Caribbean on P & O, but as we haven't sailed with Princess before we have been reduced to Blue level and have Zero points.

Still looking forward to the Princess experience though.

• 2 months later...

We were just thinking of taking our first Princess cruise and came across this thread. We find it strange that your hard earned points and status are not shared across a brand portfolio.

I am a member of the IHG hotel chains and my status is recognised whether I stay in a holiday inn express or an intercontinental hotel. They have purchased several chains over the year, however my loyalty status remains the same.

The trick here is to change the perks in each level and / or add levels to avoid a ship for of elite passengers.

We were just thinking of taking our first Princess cruise and came across this thread. We find it strange that your hard earned points and status are not shared across a brand portfolio.

I am a member of the IHG hotel chains and my status is recognised whether I stay in a holiday inn express or an intercontinental hotel. They have purchased several chains over the year, however my loyalty status remains the same.

The trick here is to change the perks in each level and / or add levels to avoid a ship for of elite passengers.

The reason for Princess recognising P&O points dates back to when P&O purchased Princess Cruise line forming P&O Princess Cruise Line. In your IHG loyalty model we would need a Carnival PLC loyalty scheme. If such a scheme were introduced the top tiers would have to be very thin in numbers with little rewards as their are only two big players, Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean International. If either had a strong loyalty programme with big worthwhile tiers newcomers would be discouraged from that one. Some hotel schemes lead to easy mattress runners.

If you wish to avoid huge numbers of Elite cruisers avoid cruises which involve sailing out of the USA. Not many Elite cruisers will be on ex-UK itineraries although their numbers will increase with some of the iconic Mediterranean itineraries.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I didn't even realise there was any tie-up between the two lines until we booked a cruise on the Regal Princess a couple of weeks ago and the personaliser told me we had two completed cruises on record! As we've only done one previous cruise with Princess I was confused until ln further looking it shows us having sailed with P&O.

The two cruises now mean we are Ruby on Princess.

Not sure that counts for anything though.

I didn't even realise there was any tie-up between the two lines until we booked a cruise on the Regal Princess a couple of weeks ago and the personaliser told me we had two completed cruises on record! As we've only done one previous cruise with Princess I was confused until ln further looking it shows us having sailed with P&O.

Ruby is 4th/5th cruise or 31-50 days and Platinum is 6th/15th cruise or 51 - 150 days. Platinum is priority embarkation which is worth having and you are not far off that as a Ruby tier cruiser.

Regards John

Ruby is 4th/5th cruise or 31-50 days and Platinum is 6th/15th cruise or 51 - 150 days. Platinum is priority embarkation which is worth having and you are not far off that as a Ruby tier cruiser.

Regards John

Thanks for that John. The two completed cruises total 37 days and the upcoming Princess cruise is 7 nights so we are getting there - even if we didn't realise it :D

Not a lot, but once you reach Platinum, there is a very worthwhile amount of Internet minutes, 250 free for a 2 week cruise.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but thought it better than starting a new one on the same topic.  

Having booked a Princess cruise for October, I thought I would have a look around their website.  I looked into my captains points/cruise history and it is showing 4 of the cruises I have done with P&O ranging from 2016-2018.  SO a couple of points, will these cruises/points stay on my princess account as I thought they had wiped them clean if, like myself you had never sailed with Princess.  Also, what are the rest of my cruises taken with P&O before 2017 not listed?  Most odd.  Anyone shed any light please? 

13 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but thought it better than starting a new one on the same topic.  

Having booked a Princess cruise for October, I thought I would have a look around their website.  I looked into my captains points/cruise history and it is showing 4 of the cruises I have done with P&O ranging from 2016-2018.  SO a couple of points, will these cruises/points stay on my princess account as I thought they had wiped them clean if, like myself you had never sailed with Princess.  Also, what are the rest of my cruises taken with P&O before 2017 not listed?  Most odd.  Anyone shed any light please? 

Yes they will stay on your Captains circle account, but any cruises with P&O after 2018 will no longer count.  As regards the missing cruises, I suspect these have probably been rolled up into your account and no longer are recorded, but they should still be counted.  If you have doubts e-mail Princess Captains Circle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Yes they will stay on your Captains circle account, but any cruises with P&O after 2018 will no longer count.  As regards the missing cruises, I suspect these have probably been rolled up into your account and no longer are recorded, but they should still be counted.  If you have doubts e-mail Princess Captains Circle.

Many thanks for the reply.  It was my understanding that if you had never cruised with Princess before (I havent) that they all got wiped out and you started from zero.  This could add a few benefits. 

The carry over of loyalty does not

make sense, my wife and I have exactly the same cruise history with P&O, but with Princess my wife is Elite and I am Blue - now Gold having completed 2 cruises. Same with our friends the wife is Platinum and the husband was blue - now gold.

Decided just to keep quite at the risk of the ladies loosing their status which we benefit from as being in the same cabin.

24 minutes ago, Essex Racer said:

make sense, my wife and I have exactly the same cruise history with P&O, but with Princess my wife is Elite

Your signature only shows P&O cruises?     Did your wife make a Princess cruise on her own even as a child with her parents.   They are usually quite good at Captains circle in this regard. Particularly in Australia children who travelled  with parents to Australia by ship 

£10 pommes?  have been able to add it to their status.

If you have proof that you did a Princess cruise prior to the cut off date maybe  ask a bit informally next time you are on a Princess cruise- there should be a Captains circle person on board. 

Edited by Aulanis

32 minutes ago, Essex Racer said:

make sense, my wife and I have exactly the same cruise history with P&O, but with Princess my wife is Elite and I am Blue - now Gold having completed 2 cruises. Same with our friends the wife is Platinum and the husband was blue - now gold.

Decided just to keep quite at the risk of the ladies loosing their status which we benefit from as being in the same cabin.

I assume that your Captains circle account was incorrectly set up, or there was no link to your P&O cruises.ò

So, the question is, do I keep quiet as at least there are 4/5 cruises on there when I have never sailed Princess, or do I give them a call, and try to get the rest added.  Im still confused as to wether they are meant to add any cruises with P&O that I made prior to 2018 if I have never cruised Princess before. 

I had lots of exchanges with the circle customer services - telephone / email / onboard - so the story goes if you have not cruised Princess prior to 2018 then your P&O cruises should not be counted, however there are some anomalies even down to differences between husband and wife. As I said didn't want to risk loosing wifes elite so didnt push it.

Some odd things can happen with your Captain circle status. Both me & wife are Platinum and whilst on Majestic Princess Jan 20 New Zealand cruise from Sydney We met another UK couple who were Elite but only on their 3rd ever cruise.

They had been on Sea Princess and Britannia before this cruise and told us that their cruise card wouldn’t open their stateroom door ( not Medallion then) so went to Guest Services got an apology and upgraded them to Elite. Happy days for them 😁

5 hours ago, davemorton said:

So, the question is, do I keep quiet as at least there are 4/5 cruises on there when I have never sailed Princess, or do I give them a call, and try to get the rest added.  Im still confused as to wether they are meant to add any cruises with P&O that I made prior to 2018 if I have never cruised Princess before. 

You only become a  Captains club member after you complete your first Princess cruise.

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You only become a  Captains club member after you complete your first Princess cruise.

Thanks, thats what I gathered, so I best just not say anything, as they have me at Ruby with what is on there.  Who am I to complain.