Visa Info

Peaches2017

My husband and I are doing our 1st TA in April. Stopping in Azores and Paris. As US citizens, do we need a Visa?

While there's lots of useful info on CC, this is not the right place to get the most current and accurate info about visa requirements. If you are a US citizen try:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While there's lots of useful info on CC, this is not the right place to get the most current and accurate info about visa requirements. If you are a US citizen try:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html

Good advice, FF. While we may be experienced cruisers we are not necessarily the experts on international visa requirements.

But with regards to anything related to being on board a cruise ship, ask away! :)

And I would not depend on the site listed.

The BEST source of information about visa requirements, is the Embassy for that country.

For the trip stated, look for the French Embassy and Portuguese Embassy in Washington, DC. Their consular page will have the best info about visa requirements.

The State Department page is second had info. Most likely accurate, but best is the horse's mouth. :)

But no visa required for a tourist passport, not working while in the country, for those two.

And I would not depend on the site listed.

The BEST source of information about visa requirements, is the Embassy for that country.

For the trip stated, look for the French Embassy and Portuguese Embassy in Washington, DC. Their consular page will have the best info about visa requirements.

The State Department page is second had info. Most likely accurate, but best is the horse's mouth. :)

But no visa required for a tourist passport, not working while in the country, for those two.

I agree THOUGH even the consulate website may be old news as well.

Last time I checked the Brazilian site (recently got another Brazil visa), there was zero mention of upcoming January switch to ETAs for US citizens.