California Fires

Living4acruise2day

What you are reading is the Red Flag Warning. It means the weather conditions exist there. It doesn't mean there is a fire there. The nearest fire is in San Diego or Ventura and Santa Barbara. Red Flag conditions can exist over wide areas without any fires happening.

Where I live in Northern California, we get Red Flag conditions for a total of probably 20-25 days a year. It doesn't mean we get fires then, although, of course, we can. We can also get fires about 40% of the year.

What you are reading is the Red Flag Warning. It means the weather conditions exist there. It doesn't mean there is a fire there. The nearest fire is in San Diego or Ventura and Santa Barbara. Red Flag conditions can exist over wide areas without any fires happening.

Where I live in Northern California, we get Red Flag conditions for a total of probably 20-25 days a year. It doesn't mean we get fires then, although, of course, we can. We can also get fires about 40% of the year.

I hope you were OK during the October firestorm.

I see on the California weather maps, that the fire range is now over Long Beach. They did not go into detail. I wonder if the fires are affecting the cruise ports, including the Queen Mary.

My sister got off a Princess ship on Saturday, drove home to San Francisco... no problem.

Thanks for your thoughts! Heavily smoked out for about 5 days. No other issues. Closest fire was maybe 2 air miles away.

One of my sons is in Santa Rosa. His experience thankfully was about the same as yours.

Take care.