Oriana x726

deanrees

I know there have been some concerns about upcoming cruises on Oriana before she heads to dry-dock in January. Just wanted to say we have not experienced any issues at all onboard. The ship looks lovely and is beautifully decorated for Christmas. We have come through some pretty heavy weather so far and had our call in Cueta cancelled due to 50 knot winds. Oriana has coped extremely well so far!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Really sorry for the people booked to sail on Oriana next but I have to disagree with deanreed. I’m on the same cruise and it’s not great. Motion discomfort bags have been out in the stairwells on all but 2 sailings so far. The ship is pitching and rolling really bad making it difficult to sleep. I heard a rumour today that the repair is needed because one of the stabilisers is broken.

This was billed as a festive cruise with extra special touches... well they have Christmas decorations out. Apart from a very good comedian who did 2 separate shows and a group of singers (again 2 shows) the entertainment has been really poor. We are 10 days in to the cruise and there have been no game shows, the entertainments manager is almost invisible and the captain not much better. Last night was our second black tie night and we had the choice of headliners in the theatre (on for two nights in a row) or a film in the cinema. Even the pianist didn’t show. There was nothing else on until the black tie ball much later hosted by the dancing pros and we ended up going to bed at 9 :(

I’m so disappointed we’ve considered getting off early and flying home, but we have a lot of luggage and the car is in Southampton. We will not be cruising with p and o again.

Very sorry for those about to sail but I feel it is only fair to warn you.

Yes of course!

Embarkation was really fast and efficient even though we were a couple of hours early. Our room steward and all the restaurant staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble. The pools are warmish and the jacuzzis are even warmer and aren’t being used much. I haven’t tried it yet but the mulled wine smells wonderful. If you book an early sitting at Sindhu they give you a free bottle of wine. The cinema is a fair size, the biggest I’ve seen on a cruise ship. The entertainment choice is poor, but the comedian really was very good as were the singers, the guest flautist and Oriana’s musicians. Tonight we have a comedy magician so fingers crossed!

I have today disembarked the Oriana and have had a very good cruise. The entertainment has been very good, the food excellent and the ship is looking very festive. We did not notice any extreme 'rocking and rolling' and the ship coped well with the windy weather. This was my first cruise on Oriana, having always been deterred by adverse comment about her, but I was really impressed with this ship. I feel I am able to make an informed opinion about Oriana, as I have cruised in many areas of the world, with P&O, Princess, RCI, Cunard to name a few, and have been fortunate enough to have completed over 35 cruises. I can only say that she is a lovely ship for her size, and enjoyed the ship so much I have rebooked for February 2018.