Discount for wedding party and guests?

Treacher1

A friend of mine was invited to participate in a wedding on board Oasis of the Seas next year. Does anyone know what the discount would be for fare for wedding party and/or guests? She was told there would be a discount and information would only be provided closer to booking. If anyone has any experience with this - please advise. I was not able to see anything about this on Royal website. Thanks for any information about how much a savings if with wedding party or guests.

A friend of mine was invited to participate in a wedding on board Oasis of the Seas next year. Does anyone know what the discount would be for fare for wedding party and/or guests? She was told there would be a discount and information would only be provided closer to booking. If anyone has any experience with this - please advise. I was not able to see anything about this on Royal website. Thanks for any information about how much a savings if with wedding party or guests.

I know of no specific wedding party discount, unless they are referring to group rates because there are more than 8 staterooms being booked for this event. If the cruise is on Oasis next year, they should already know the prices.

A group discount is based on a minimum of 8 cabins. The precise amount is based on the negotiating skills of the person in charge of the booking and how they choose to divvy up the spoils( typically one free berth for every 8 cabins)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd have to agree. If the TA is booking blocks of rooms, they may have them at a lower price than is currently being offered in general sales. Also, for every 8 rooms (double occupancy) booked, there is a credit equal to one individual fare (not including non-commissionable amounts or taxes) given back. If the 8 rooms are across different categories, the credit value is based on the category booked the most among the 8 cabins.

So until everything is booked, the agent may not know the amount being credited back until all types of cabins are booked.

We usually find better deals on our own. Don’t automatically assume the group rates is the best your friend can do. I would start shopping now then you would have an idea of whether the group rate is worth it.

I would go a step further and if I found a good fare, make a reservation (refundable deposit and fare) of the cabin that I want. If the group rate is better, I would cancel my reservation and book under the group fare.

I would go a step further and if I found a good fare, make a reservation (refundable deposit and fare) of the cabin that I want. If the group rate is better, I would cancel my reservation and book under the group fare.

Totally agree.

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind that if you cancel a reservation there's no guarantee you'll get the same room.