Sapphire Beach

pae714

At Sapphire Beach today! It is nicely cleaned up... beach bar, dive shop, bathrooms all open. Chair rentals all available. Less shade then before as trees were damagedbut still some! The trees are slowly recovering. It’s safe and lovely...workers welcoming and friendly! Dont heaitate to come!

At Sapphire Beach today! It is nicely cleaned up... beach bar, dive shop, bathrooms all open. Chair rentals all available. Less shade then before as trees were damagedbut still some! The trees are slowly recovering. It’s safe and lovely...workers welcoming and friendly! Dont heaitate to come!

Were there umbrellas to rent besides the chairs? Since most of the shade trees are gone, we will definitely need some type of shade.

Pae, did you take a taxi from the pier to Sapphire Beach? If so how much did it cost per person? How much were the chairs? Is food served at the beach bar?

Thanks for your report.

Taxi is $20 - $22pp round trip, chairs are $9, and per Beautiful Bill the beach grill is open along with the rental center and bar.

Pae, did you take a taxi from the pier to Sapphire Beach? If so how much did it cost per person? How much were the chairs? Is food served at the beach bar?c

Thanks for your report.

Hi LittleYiaYia,

Not Pae, but we were there last week. They've done a good job of cleaning up hurricane debris and the beach area looked better than I had anticipated. Water was nice and views were beautiful. Taxi for us was $10pp one way from Havensight cruise port. Chairs were $9 ea. Get there early and some shade trees are available. You'll likely be sharing the shade with some friendly iguanas, lol. Limited menu (burgers, dogs, grilled cheese...) at the grill. Bar has resumed serving frozen drinks. Snorkel and fins rental was $5/hr if interested. It was a good day. Have fun!

We are going to be in St Tomas at the end of January. Sapphire Beach is one of our favorite beaches in the Caribbean. So happy to hear we can go back. The Iguanas will chase you and mooch for food at the restaurant. I don't know if they have ever bitten anyone. Never happened to me. They can be a bit intimidating at times.But never so much I didn't want to go there.