Royal Seas Cruises? Possible Scam?

MagicCat7

I looked up Royal Seas Cruises on a consumer review site... where it's rated 1.5 out of 5.0. The positive reviews sound like shills for the line. One from last February even blasted those who wrote negative comments: "..All of you who are calling it a "scam" just wrote a short, naive, emotional essay, but failed to include any FACTS. Clearly you all have very short fuses,.." The same reviewer goes on to say, "...The call takes about 1 hour. This is where PATIENCE is required! Make sure you have time for this call, and just remember that it's a real person on the other line with feelings too..."

So you can believe the 1 star reviews or the 5 star reviews.

• 2 weeks later...
Their latest TV commercial states they were voted one of the Top 10 cruises (or cruise lines?) by Cruise Critic. Any verification of that? If it's not true, then that's false advertising, verging on fraud.

I just saw this commercial, too, and searched and found this thread. It's fraud. I'm sure they are trying to fool people into thinking they are Royal Caribbean, not Royal Seas. Cruise Critic should take note and put up a disclaimer.

I just saw this commercial, too, and searched and found this thread. It's fraud. I'm sure they are trying to fool people into thinking they are Royal Caribbean, not Royal Seas. Cruise Critic should take note and put up a disclaimer.

Agree!

• 2 weeks later...

Their website says, "Named Top 5 for "Best Entertainment" in Cruise Critic's 2016 CRUISERS CHOICE Awards!"

It also says, "Grand Celebration reserves the right to charge an additional fuel supplement of $12.00 per person per day on all passengers, to be collected at time of embarkation."

I assume they always exercise that "right."

Their website says, "Named Top 5 for "Best Entertainment" in Cruise Critic's 2016 CRUISERS CHOICE Awards!"

It also says, "Grand Celebration reserves the right to charge an additional fuel supplement of $12.00 per person per day on all passengers, to be collected at time of embarkation."

I assume they always exercise that "right."

Just making sure you know this is one of those "too good to be true" kinda deals.:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

I am claiming this cruise line to be a scam. Today 12/12/17 I received a call from a 412-504-7008 / PA number. It was a robo call claiming I had an emergency that I should call regarding my Microsoft license expiration. The number given to call was 800-286-7643. When I called it, a Travel survey stating I had a chance for a "FREE" cruise came on. I had to hit several #'s during questions. Then I was transferred to a Steve with Royal Seas Cruises. I informed Steve, that his company was using a robo dialer to call people and scam them into calling in. He claimed he knows nothing of that because he only takes inbound calls. I repeated myself, and he sarcastically stated he thanked me for my concern. I told him I was filing a complaint with the FTC, which I promptly did. It is my goal to help get places like this shut down. Anything that sounds too good or cheap to be true, usually is. Nothing is free. By reading the other comments here, I can tell that this is a short quick trip that you may end up paying for more than the $65 as advertised here. I didn't stay on the phonbe long enough to get pricing, as I don't care to participate my hard earned $$ in scams. Even if this place is considered a legit business, the fact that they robo call phones (illegal), and claim that the Call and # is regarding something else, is false advertising. SHUT THEM DOWN NOW!!!

• 4 weeks later...

From the outside its a great environment but when you actually work there it's completely unprofessional. Mostly everyone that works there is on drugs or ex-convicted felon or from a halfway house or an addict recovering or a drug dealer or even prostitutes. The managers and supervisors have been to jail several times for drug trafficking ( you can look it up online and see their mug shots), selling drugs, theft, second-degree murder (they even sell drugs from within and have customers come through the back.. Usually, most states require employers to have background checks when employing people to work with credit cards. I've seen people save the customer's credit card info to use for later. The haggle innocent people out of a free cruise to the Bahamas that is then upgraded to a 5-7 night vacation that can be up to $1650 at a discount for a 2-7 hour TIMESHARE presentation and if they hang up they don't get the discounted vacation. They try to haggle innocent people that don't really speak English well, the disabled, children its sad but it is true.Even the managers tell us their suckers for buying cause it's a sh*tty deal.I only stayed for that amount of time because my friends didn't want me to leave and helping a friend through a bad time. I'm thankful I didn't let this place poison me.The commission was impossible to get to when they see that we make too much they would make our goals higher and higher to a point your hourly makes more then commission. Our Checks would bounce so much that even my bank refused to cash them for me, I went to a check cashing and they said they stopped cashing checks from that company because of checks not going through.

if your buying. the 2/2 night is a good deal for the port tax but just go to a credible vendor