Main dining room attire for young teen / tween girls - help a new cruiser

We are sailing on Allure on 12/24 for 7 days. This is our first time cruising! I have 3 girls ages 9, 12, and 13.

I need help with attire for the kids:

What is typical for girls of that age in the main dining room on non-formal nights? I found some posts on this but they were maybe outdated so I wanted to ask.

We are sailing on Allure on 12/24 for 7 days. This is our first time cruising! I have 3 girls ages 9, 12, and 13.

I need help with attire for the kids:

What is typical for girls of that age in the main dining room on non-formal nights? I found some posts on this but they were maybe outdated so I wanted to ask.

There is no real typical anymore. You will see everything from gym shorts and tshirts all the way to very nice dresses.

For non-formal nights, the suggested attire is:

• Casual: You’re on vacation – relax! Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch.

• Smart Casual: Think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear. Dress to impress with collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits. Jackets, sports coats and blazers are snazzy and welcomed.

My granddaughter (12) wore shorts with tees, pants with tees and on the formal nights she wore a dressy dress. She wore nice sandals with her outfits.

Her shorts were not the Daisy Duke type, just nicer shorts and her tees didn't have things printed on them.

Thanks, in the RCI guidelines it wasn't clear if shorts were ok for the MDR for dinner, so I wasn't sure. :)

On Brilliance last month, there was a sign at the entrance to the dining room saying "SHORT PANTS AND TANK TOPS ARE NOT PERMITTED FOR DINNER". Now, whether they turned anyone away for wearing shorts is another question.

Thank you this is all very helpful! So they probably COULD wear shorts, based on what I'm seeing I'll have them wear their nicer pants or skirts and somewhat niceish shirt.

Mostly I'm trying to keep packing to a minimum... It makes me nervous to have them planning to wear anything twice because they are total slobs most of the time and I do NOT want to wash clothes in the sink LOL

Thank you this is all very helpful! So they probably COULD wear shorts, based on what I'm seeing I'll have them wear their nicer pants or skirts and somewhat niceish shirt.

Mostly I'm trying to keep packing to a minimum... It makes me nervous to have them planning to wear anything twice because they are total slobs most of the time and I do NOT want to wash clothes in the sink LOL

Pack a couple of baby bibs...:D;)

There is no real typical anymore. You will see everything from gym shorts and tshirts all the way to very nice dresses.

For non-formal nights, the suggested attire is:

• Casual: You’re on vacation – relax! Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch.

• Smart Casual: Think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear. Dress to impress with collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits. Jackets, sports coats and blazers are snazzy and welcomed.

On Brilliance last month, there was a sign at the entrance to the dining room saying "SHORT PANTS AND TANK TOPS ARE NOT PERMITTED FOR DINNER". Now, whether they turned anyone away for wearing shorts is another question.

Excellent FYI posts. At least this will give the OP an idea what is published and can help make the decision. As most of us realize enforcement by the staff standing at the entrance to the MDR is usually consistently inconsistent of what is published.:confused:

LOL

Our first cruise, I had my boys (then 11 and 13) wear the same khaki pants to dinner three nights each (one was pirate night). Wouldn't you know the poor server dumped a cup of milk into DS 13's lap on the second night. Thankfully it was captured by and large in the napkin he'd already placed across my son's lap, but it did have some stray splash to it. After dinner we just spruced it up a bit in the sink in the stateroom and hung them for the third dinner.

For our seven night cruise, I only had two pair of pants for them for the seven nights. They only wear them for a few hours.

My girls, on the other hand, prefer a new dress each night. Thankfully sundresses take very little room.

LOL

Our first cruise' date=' I had my boys (then 11 and 13) wear the same khaki pants to dinner three nights each (one was pirate night). Wouldn't you know the poor server dumped a cup of milk into DS 13's lap on the second night. Thankfully it was captured by and large in the napkin he'd already placed across my son's lap, but it did have some stray splash to it. After dinner we just spruced it up a bit in the sink in the stateroom and hung them for the third dinner.

For our seven night cruise, I only had two pair of pants for them for the seven nights. They only wear them for a few hours.

My girls, on the other hand, prefer a new dress each night. Thankfully sundresses take very little room.[/quote']

LOL! Exactly my fear. I think we'll see how much room we have for extras and stick with darker shades for dinner

And thanks above for the tip about the sweaters - on my packing list! I'm always cold in A/C