Baltimore hotels with shuttle service

Pacificana

Hello,

We are sailing from Baltimore on May 31 and are flying there one day before the cruise. Looking into hotels that have shuttle service. According to what I found on this site, Best Western Plus in Elkridge, Sleep Inn BWI, La Quinta Glen Burnie MD, and Comfort Inn all have free shuttle to and from the airport, as well as to and from the cruise port. However, when I looked those hotels up, they did not show complimentary port shuttles. Today I called Best Western 800-number, and, after calling the Maryland hotel they confirmed there is a complimentary cruise shuttle. I didn't book right away because I wanted it to be written down somewhere, and called the hotel itself. They told me there is a cruise port shuttle, but only as a part of a park-and-cruise package, which they offered at the price about $40 more than what I could get the hotel for at their website. But they also told me there is no airport shuttle, and it is something they do have on the website! I am now totally confused. Could someone help understand all this mess, please? Any advice on which hotel to book? Thank you very much!

Most all the hotels near the airport will shuttle you from the airport...

I'd suggest focusing on the hotel you want, and just call a taxi to get to the port. It'll be around $35, and you get to choose the time when you want to leave.

Aloha,

John

How long will you be there? Do you want to be close to the Inner Harbor area? Most of the hotels you list are some distance from the downtown/Inner Harbor area, and even the port, and may not have much in the way of restaurants and attractions nearby. I agree that it's best to focus on the hotel, with transportation secondary. What if your budget? We've stayed at the Sheraton downtown (not the Inner Harbor one) and, most recently, at the upscale Inn at Henderson's Wharf, right on the harbor. If you're on a budget, maybe even get a hotel near BWI through Hotwire or Priceline, and use part of your savings for a taxi.

Hello,

We are sailing from Baltimore on May 31 and are flying there one day before the cruise. Looking into hotels that have shuttle service. According to what I found on this site, Best Western Plus in Elkridge, Sleep Inn BWI, La Quinta Glen Burnie MD, and Comfort Inn all have free shuttle to and from the airport, as well as to and from the cruise port. However, when I looked those hotels up, they did not show complimentary port shuttles. Today I called Best Western 800-number, and, after calling the Maryland hotel they confirmed there is a complimentary cruise shuttle. I didn't book right away because I wanted it to be written down somewhere, and called the hotel itself. They told me there is a cruise port shuttle, but only as a part of a park-and-cruise package, which they offered at the price about $40 more than what I could get the hotel for at their website. But they also told me there is no airport shuttle, and it is something they do have on the website! I am now totally confused. Could someone help understand all this mess, please? Any advice on which hotel to book? Thank you very much!

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Camden Yards. You need to take the light rail to the stop closest to the HIE where their shuttle will pick you up. They also have a free shuttle to the pier as well as to the Inner Harbor.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

We are on the same cruise. We booked the Hampton Inn BWI. We booked the park, stay and shuttle package. Others on our cruise have booked the Holiday Inn, Best Western, Sleep Inn...with the package deal. But I believe there is one couple who is flying in and has booked the Sheraton BWI...not sure of free shuttle or if they are taking a cab. Come over to our roll call for more information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1491832

• 2 weeks later...
We have used the Best Western in Elkridge. they do have a shuttle and the service was great. we booked through trinity reservations dot com and got a better deal. have done this twice and had no problems.

I just booked them too. How easy was it to get a shuttle to the Port and what is close for a nice dinner? Looks like about 6 miles or so to the port?

I had booked La Quinta in Glen Burnie also. Have to choose which would be better. After the cruise we will be heading to DC for the day.

I just booked them too. How easy was it to get a shuttle to the Port and what is close for a nice dinner? Looks like about 6 miles or so to the port?

I had booked La Quinta in Glen Burnie also. Have to choose which would be better. After the cruise we will be heading to DC for the day.

there is a nice resturant/bar right beside the hotel. also made reservations when arriving for the shuttle and it arrived on time. the trip to the port took about 15 minutes. and when returning we called the hotel and the shuttle was at the port in 15-20 minutes. They also had a continental breakfast that was good. Like I said in my prior post we used them in July and then in March. Would stay there again when sailing out of Baltimore.

Thanks,did you leave from the hotel before 11:00? I called and they said the shuttle leaves at 11 at the earliest. I was hoping to be at the port before 11.

Not sure how full the shuttle will be. But, probably will keep the reservation.

Thanks again

We left at 11:00. did not have to wait very long at the port. we are platinum members and after getting through security we were able to by pass the check in line and were on the ship very quickly.

In march there was only 7 of us on the shuttle, plently of room. In July we had 27, most from our party, they had three shuttles so everyone could go at the same time. Did not have any difficulties. boarding did take a little longer then, but on the ship in about one hour.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did the ritual of looking for a hotel room..:rolleyes:

This time for a cruise out of Baltimore. Decided on the Best Western Plus in Elkridge for many reasons:

1. Front desk very helpful on phone! 2. Will shuttle us from Baltimore airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise terminal the next a.m.& p/u after cruise if staying post cruise. 3. Previous reviews here and elsewhere were positive. 4. Hotel personnel actually commenting regularly after someone posts a review. 5. PRICE!! But I booked through a website on tripadvisor for best rate.

I hope this helps others looking for a friendly, cost effective place to stay prior/post cruise!

Happy Cruising!:)

354971398_enchantmentofthesea.jpg.e09c00563d1f610b3467a5dfe3c39e9d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We will be driving to Baltimore for a cruise. We will be getting there the day before the cruise, staying at the hotel and leaving the car in the hotel lot. From what I have gathered, the hotels will shuttle us to the port on the morning of the cruise.

The question is, do the hotels have the shuttle buses waiting as we get off the ship when it arrives back in Baltimore, or do we have to call them and then wait around till they send the shuttle bus?

Are all the hotels the same or do we have to ask each one we call for info?

We will be driving to Baltimore for a cruise. We will be getting there the day before the cruise, staying at the hotel and leaving the car in the hotel lot. From what I have gathered, the hotels will shuttle us to the port on the morning of the cruise.

The question is, do the hotels have the shuttle buses waiting as we get off the ship when it arrives back in Baltimore, or do we have to call them and then wait around till they send the shuttle bus?

not all hotels offer shuttle... have you made a reservation??? call the place you choose and ask....

not all of them offer transportation to the pier...i only recall seeing the COuntry Inn van.....but i was not outside the whole time....

If you would let everyone know what hotel you are staying in, then someone could probably give you a definitive answer. And as the previous poster wrote, have you called the hotel and asked them? That's where you'll get your most correct answer. ;)

I've been looking at Hampton Inn Glen Burnie - it has parking and shuttle for $119. Don't know if a shuttle will be waiting, but we do park & fly often. Never had a problem - we just ask what their procedures are and make sure we grab a business card, so phone number to the front desk is readily available when we are back. Happy sailing!

I've been looking at Hampton Inn Glen Burnie - it has parking and shuttle for $119. Don't know if a shuttle will be waiting, but we do park & fly often. Never had a problem - we just ask what their procedures are and make sure we grab a business card, so phone number to the front desk is readily available when we are back. Happy sailing!

the shuttle is probably NOT going to wait..you would have to call..

i am guessing that it may be the same shuttle they use for the airport but i am not sure....

generally though (unless you're staying in a busier port area like Port Everglades) the shuttles are not going to be at the pier...

If you would let everyone know what hotel you are staying in, then someone could probably give you a definitive answer. And as the previous poster wrote, have you called the hotel and asked them? That's where you'll get your most correct answer. ;)

We are not staying at one of the hotels that offer cruise parking for the cruise we are taking next week. I was looking for information for the next cruise we will be taking out of Baltimore..... The actual experiences of people using the hotel and cruise parking are far better than what the hotel may say to promote their location.

I was looking at the website Stay123 to find the info on places to park the car for the cruise. My question is kind of generic to all the hotels listed there. I got the impression that the hotels will bus us to the port on the morning the cruise leaves on some schedule. But it is pretty vague as to what happens when the ship returns. I believe that these hotels use the same shuttle buses to take people around town, to the airport and to the port. Assuming that is true and we have to call them up to request a shuttle be sent to the port, it could take quite awhile to get there. Not a real good thing when we still have 4-5 hours of driving to get back home... :)

The only cruises we have taken previously were out of Port Canaveral and we have left the car in a parking lot called Park n Cruise. This spot is about 10 minutes from the ship and the car is left in a fenced and gated lot. They have 3 shuttle buses to run people to the port and they are waiting for us when we get off the ship. I was hoping that something like this was available near the Baltimore port, but I could not find anything.

We are not staying at one of the hotels that offer cruise parking for the cruise we are taking next week. I was looking for information for the next cruise we will be taking out of Baltimore..... The actual experiences of people using the hotel and cruise parking are far better than what the hotel may say to promote their location.

I was looking at the website Stay123 to find the info on places to park the car for the cruise. My question is kind of generic to all the hotels listed there. I got the impression that the hotels will bus us to the port on the morning the cruise leaves on some schedule. But it is pretty vague as to what happens when the ship returns. I believe that these hotels use the same shuttle buses to take people around town, to the airport and to the port. Assuming that is true and we have to call them up to request a shuttle be sent to the port, it could take quite awhile to get there. Not a real good thing when we still have 4-5 hours of driving to get back home... :)

The only cruises we have taken previously were out of Port Canaveral and we have left the car in a parking lot called Park n Cruise. This spot is about 10 minutes from the ship and the car is left in a fenced and gated lot. They have 3 shuttle buses to run people to the port and they are waiting for us when we get off the ship. I was hoping that something like this was available near the Baltimore port, but I could not find anything.

If you are refering to your May 31st cruise, can I assume you are parking at the cruise terminal?

And as far as a shuttle from the port to the hotel, I had to call the hotel to get a shuttle sent to pick us up. If I wouldn't had lost the limo drivers card, :o we could have been picked up alot quicker and been taken directly to the hotel. :D

Archived