Molecular will be replaced!?

fridge

New Bar, new Drinks (with less expensive ingredients). An all Ships. Thats what we have been told. I think the premium Package killed the Molecular Bar...

Hi Fridge,

I suppose anything is possible, as Celebrity has a new President, and I'd certainly expect Ms Lutoff-Perlo to make some changes. With that said, Molecular Bar is very popular, and I'd be suprised to see it go away entirely. Perhaps the name will change, new drinks will be added, and many of the current favorites will remain.

Keep in mind, that Celebrity is currently doing something similar with Bistro on Five, where new menu items are being added, while keeping most if not all of the current menu.

If anything does happen with Molecular, I suspect that's the direction Celebrity will take. We'll see what happens.

We've never been on Equinox, but we've been on other S class ships and the Molecular bar is seldom busy. The only time we've seen a lot of people in there was when they were having an art exhibit. it's a very cool concept, but the placement of the bar and the cost of the drinks makes it unpopular IMO.

Tom

...just returned from a wonderful cruise on the equinox. A staff member told us, that they will replace the Molecular Bar by a new Bar in 3 Months from now. Anyone heard the same?

What position did the 'staff member' hold?

Hope this is just an ugly rumour. If not then it's a serious own goal by celebrity. X CC monitors please take note.:mad:

Once again, keep in mind that Celebrity's rumor mill is the worst you may have ever seen, even high ranking people can't tell you what's happening a month from now.

We've never been on Equinox, but we've been on other S class ships and the Molecular bar is seldom busy. The only time we've seen a lot of people in there was when they were having an art exhibit. it's a very cool concept, but the placement of the bar and the cost of the drinks makes it unpopular IMO.

Tom

We found the same. On an Equinox med cruise last year. We preferred other bars to molecular. Theres a dry dock in May so timing is about right.

Keep in mind, that Celebrity is currently doing something similar with Bistro on Five, where new menu items are being added, while keeping most if not all of the current menu.

Is the new menu on the Reflection, yet?

Tom

I am with you. We tried it once and did not care for the drink or the bartenders behavior when I asked for an olive in my drink (the drink didn't normally come with an olive and he refused to provide it.) :rolleyes: Also, we were the only people in the bar, so it was really quiet and weird feeling.

On the Equinox last month, we walked through the area many times and saw no one in the bar. It's a shame, because it is one of the largest bar spaces. If they offer different types of drinks, along with keeping the Molecular drinks, then it could be a fun bar!

Is the new menu on the Reflection, yet?

I am with you. We tried it once and did not care for the drink or the bartenders behavior when I asked for an olive in my drink (the drink didn't normally come with an olive and he refused to provide it.) :rolleyes: Also, we were the only people in the bar, so it was really quiet and weird feeling.

On the Equinox last month, we walked through the area many times and saw no one in the bar. It's a shame, because it is one of the largest bar spaces. If they offer different types of drinks, along with keeping the Molecular drinks, then it could be a fun bar!

On reflection back in mid February it was totally different. They need mor seating as a couple times we went it was beyond standing room only. If they do in fact get rid of the concept, I don't believe we will be upgrading our drink packages for future cruises.

The problem with Molecular Bar (which I live) is poor design and signage and except on Silhouette and Reflection inadequate seating. Even the locator signs at the elevators don't properly identify the bar. And the bartenders are told not to make " standard drinks so it makes some people feel unwelcome if they don't want the creative drinks.

I hope they keep some of the more interesting drinks from Molecular and add a broader range of drinks - and some bar snacks, please!

The molecular bar is one of the two reasons I upgrade to the Premium package, the other being single malt scotch.

I totally agree. Basically the only reason we upgrade is for the molecular bar. We sail early May so I better wait to upgrade until we get onboard and see it's still open,

On our last Solstice cruise, we never tried the Molecular bar. Every time we walked by, on our way to the Martini Bar, the Molecular Bar was empty. We occasionally saw a few people, but it was never crowded. The Martini Bar, however, was always packed. We had the premium package as did most of the folks we chatted with and no one had any interest in the Molecular Bar.

I have never seen the bar busy on the Equinox, Eclipse or Solstice. We went a few times with friends on our first Celebrity cruise and didn't care for the drinks (we are primarily wine drinkers). When we found they only served drinks from their menu we didn't return. Our friends would go occasionally and have a drink but never stayed long as there wasn't anyone their to socialize with.

if they expanded the drink offerings we would go there.