Radiance Class Cabin 9576 (coveted even with centrum noise?)

TAPNKEGS

After much research on these boards and followed concern regarding centrum noise with music until late... was a mistake made by booking this cabin?

I have heard this cabin (9576) is quite a catch and from what I have read and discovered, it seems a perfect fit..that said, from anyone with experience from this cabin recently, how has the noise level been? Is it worth the trade-off for the location or is it a major issue?

Thanks for any input and opinion in advance ! It will be specifically on the Jewel but I think the layouts on the sister ships are the same

Edited by TAPNKEGS

No one here knows what your tolerance for noise is, so it's difficult to say if you made a mistake.

All I can say is that I would not want that stateroom. The extra balcony size would not be worth it to me. I'd rather have a stateroom down the hall a ways.

apologies, yes I should have put that detail in. I have nothing against music.. just would like to be able to sleep around 10ish after a long day with some minor noise like a muffled TV with the door closed.

I dont think I could put up with death metal wub wub pounding in the cabin at 1 am. Its my understanding the side I picked ( opposite elevators and open? centrum) that it may be better.

just looking for anyone who happened to be in this cabin in any Radiance ship and their opinion on the noise.

We have been in 9576 on several occasions on BR, JW and RD. Very convenient to every where. Noise has never been a problem for us. The balcony is bigger, but not quite as big as it appears on the deck plans. Two chairs, table and one lounge chair. It is a forward facing balcony on the hump, so everyone forward of you can sea you on your balcony. When someone would look at us, we'd just wave back to them. Not a problem. Would book it again!

Rick and Deirdra

apologies, yes I should have put that detail in. I have nothing against music.. just would like to be able to sleep around 10ish after a long day with some minor noise like a muffled TV with the door closed.

I dont think I could put up with death metal wub wub pounding in the cabin at 1 am. Its my understanding the side I picked ( opposite elevators and open? centrum) that it may be better.

just looking for anyone who happened to be in this cabin in any Radiance ship and their opinion on the noise.

I was in 9078 across the way on the jewel. I wouldn't book that cabin again it was too loud. So I probably wouldn't book your cabin either because I wouldn't want to take the chance.

It's more than just a muffled noise. You can sing along to the music if you want to as you will be able to hear every word. It was very loud and went on for hours. It was particularly annoying and disruptive the night before disembarkment.

I did not bring earplugs because I didn't know about the noise issues. Big balconies are wonderful though.

Edited by Siora7777

We have not had a noise issue, however I believe that there has been a change by RCCL with regard to the use of the centrum which has resulted in greatly increased noises travelling in to these cabins. Therefore in assessing the issue, you need to give more weight to the opinion of those people who have travelled in them since the changes which I believe involve the playing of live music in the Centrum until late at night. Which didn't use to happen.

No amount of additional balcony space would compensate me for instrusive noise late at night, so no I wouldn't take the risk, but it is really down to your personal tolerance level.

After much research on these boards and followed concern regarding centrum noise with music until late... was a mistake made by booking this cabin?

I have heard this cabin (9576) is quite a catch and from what I have read and discovered, it seems a perfect fit..that said, from anyone with experience from this cabin recently, how has the noise level been? Is it worth the trade-off for the location or is it a major issue?

Thanks for any input and opinion in advance ! It will be specifically on the Jewel but I think the layouts on the sister ships are the same

I was in 9571 interior just in from the Centrum on Radiance, and most recently walked around and through the hallways on deck 8 at the Centrum when on Jewel. Being inexperienced on Radiance Class, I paid particular attention to nightime activities and noise levels as several nights I headed to my cabin while live music was still on and quite loud.

If you have cabin 9580 basically right in front of the opening to the Centrum it is quite loud. Even just a couple of doors down (ie. 9576) the noise went down quite a lot so much so that when I got to my cabin just another 3 doors down from 9576 any sound was muffled in the hallway and definitely couldn't hear a thing inside the cabin whatsoever.

On Jewel I walked around the hallway that separates hump cabins to the Centrum from cabins 8602 to 8588. Again, definitely the cabins immediately in front of the openings to the Centrum (ie. 8602) there was a lot of noise. As I reached the very center humps cabins (8596 & 8594) the sound was very much muffled, and then reaching the opening again it was loud (in front of 8588)

Summary... a couple of doors in either direction if the direct opening to the Centrum is likely fine once you're inside closed doors of your cabin, and like Bob (Clarea) has clarified in several posts and what I experienced, 5 doors down and I didn't hear a thing whatsoever.

Hope this helps! :)

We have been in 9576 on several occasions on BR, JW and RD. Very convenient to every where. Noise has never been a problem for us.

Same with us. DW and I are adding 9576 on the SE in a few weeks to complete our set. :D

The balcony is bigger, but not quite as big as it appears on the deck plans. Two chairs, table and one lounge chair

Actually, I think the deck plans show the balcony's size fairly accurately, and that is indeed what you can expect to find on it.

It is a forward facing balcony on the hump, so everyone forward of you can sea you on your balcony.

Now this I disagree with. One of the best things about that balcony is that it isn't a pure wedge shape, it's a standard balcony with a wedge-shaped addition. If you don't want to be seen by everyone else, just set the chair backs near the door glass just like they would be on a standard balcony, and you won't be seen. It's only when you venture out to the addtion that you can be seen, so that's entirely within your control.

Would book it again

Please don't. It makes it harder for us to get it! :p

Which deck is the band located on that's playing the music? Does the music bother the cabins close by on that deck? Seems the only noise issues are coming from the upper decks.

Thanks,

Tim

The band is on deck 4 but the music carries up to all above decks in the Centrum

We were in a deck 8 cabin right off the Centrum. We would NOT book one again. We always book further down the hall.

The music will be playing after 10pm

Did you get the cigarette smoke too?

We just got off jewel on Sunday and had 9576. The location was great. We did hear noise from the centrum until midnight. It always stopped at midnight. we couldn't hear any noise during the day and it was no problem (for us) sleeping until around 9-10am.

Which deck is the band located on that's playing the music? Does the music bother the cabins close by on that deck?

Thanks,

Tim

I am just off the Jewel. We were in 4058, just one cabin away from the Centrum. We were not bothered by the music at all. Seems like it's only a problem for hump cabins. I'll be in Brilliance 9584 next month, hoping it won't be too much of an issue.

On Jewel we had 7594 which is the equivalent only two decks closer to the centrum. Yes we heard music at times but it was not distracting for us.

But as others have posted, your tolerances to noise may be less. I would book again as it was the noise level was ok for us.

On Jewel we had 7594 which is the equivalent only two decks closer to the centrum. Yes we heard music at times but it was not distracting for us.

But as others have posted, your tolerances to noise may be less. I would book again as it was the noise level was ok for us.

Was there a fire door outside your cabin. We are booked in that cabin this March

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to report back about noise in the hump cabins on Brilliance. We were on deck 9 in three cabins -- 9850, 9852 and 9854 -- so I had the opportunity to compare.

First of all, the noise in the hallway was often frighteningly loud. But surprisingly, once inside the cabin with the door closed, the noise was barely noticeable. We heard nothing in 9854. My cabin mate is vision impaired and extremely sensitive to noise, so she would have noticed. But even in 9850, the cabin that's directly in front of the doorway into the Centrum, the noise inside the cabin was not at all bothersome.

Wanted to report back about noise in the hump cabins on Brilliance. We were on deck 9 in three cabins -- 9850, 9852 and 9854 -- so I had the opportunity to compare.

Hi Diva,

I couldn't find those cabin # -- may be u mean 9580, 9582 & 9584?

I'm very interested in feedback on those cabins, since I've, for the moment, booked also one of those cabins on the "hump" :)

Edited by dani negreanu

Was there a fire door outside your cabin. We are booked in that cabin this March

last year we were on the rad down the hall and everynight the person in that cabin would close the fire door because of the music, and unfortunately the 2 piece band was screamers not singers lol (horrible) just imo:D

I know this location is subjective. That being said, our favorite cabins are 9078 or 9076 on the Radiance Class ships. The Centrum noise, if any, does not bother us. We love the extra large balcony and the convenience of being midship - - close to staircases making it quite easy to get anywhere we'd like to go. We have never been bothered by noises from the elevators or people passing by the cabin. Enjoy!