• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Carambola Beach Resort-find Captain Sunshine In port and ask him to take you there. It’s gorgeous.

Hi there, very New to this site so I'm not sure I am even doing this correctly!

Question, the resort that you mention, can cruise visitors go there or is there a fee to use their property?

Carambola Beach Club is definitley open - we were at South Friars Beach and walked by it on 27 Dec. But it is not a hotel - more like a restaurant that will also rent chairs and umbrellas. The beach is public and you do not have to pay to use the beach itself, however, to just show up and drop a towel in front of the beach chairs that people are paying for is not recommended. The beach is large (but narrow) and there are many, many spots, even some with shade, that you can set up at away from the chairs and umbrellas.

To get more detailed info on this you can visit the St Kitts and Nevis Cruise Critic page: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=428

• 4 weeks later...

We just stayed for two glorious weeks at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort. I talked with a multitude of "day-passers" and all were enjoying their day. The employees are very friendly and helpful.

The beach is huge with cabanas included on first-come basis. Large pool deck as well with swim-up bar and great lunches at pool/beach-side. I'd call the hotel direct at 1 869-466-1200 to get any questions answered and to get a price comparison to your cruise line's. Cabs are safe and reasonable.

Edited by blizzardboy