QV at Xmas - a couple of questions

CTM55

We are on QV at Xmas, but it's a while since we've sailed with Cunard and boy are we now excited - 2 weeks on Sunday!.

Can anyone help with a couple of questions please:

1) Are robes and slippers still provided?

2) Is the shower gel provided nice enough to use?

3) Are the cabin doors facing into the corridor magnetic - we're planning on decorating the doors with Xmas decorations, or should I bring blu tac?

4) Are the restaurants/theatre etc cool at night i.e., will I need a pashmina?

I'm sure that as soon as I post this I'll think of more questions.

I've struggled to find any info on QV at Xmas - if anyone has any hints and tips from previous Xmas sailings that would be fab. We're a party of 4 in 2 cabins, 3 adults (Mum, Dad and Grannie plus our Son who is 9).

Many thanks Rachael.

What a lovely way to spend Christmas, we did New Year on QV a few years ago and the decorations were lovely.

I can answer a few of your questions -

Robe & slippers are provided.

The toiletries are Penhaligon's Quercus, not everyone loves it but I find it pleasant.

I find the public rooms quite cool.

Have a wonderful time

We are also booked on the same cruise... sooo excited, the last 2 cruises we did we got off just before Christmas, so this is our first proper christmas cruise. The toiletries are very nice, both myself and my hubby like them. I also got some decorations for the cabin, but opting for snow flakes and snowmen on the balcony doors.Have a great time, I know we will :)

I am sure you will have a wonderful Christmas on the QV.

We are on now, and quite happy to use the Penhaligon toiletries that are provided. The Christmas decorations are really resplendent, but later this month I am sure there will be the usual gingerbread village which is a work of art by the chefs.

Your son will have the most fabulous time and the presentation on Christmas Day for the children (of all ages) is quite special. A few years ago we travelled with our family and the grandchildren have never forgotten their experience.

I hope you all enjoy your voyage; it is a perfect way to spend a generational Christmas.

Thank you Host Hattie, RosieStay, Underwatr and LadyL1 for taking the time to respond.

This will be our first Xmas cruise since having a family and we are really looking forward to it.

LadyL1, I hope that you continue to enjoy your voyage.

RosieStay - We may be lucky and bump into you on the ship and if not "Merry Christmas".

Thanks again Rachael.