bolero/ shawl

griffster

i have put this question on fashion/beauty, but i am running out of time. (cruise in 10 days) i have a gold dress and i would like to know what color would one put to it in the shape of a shawl or bolero. the dress is a long evening gown, sleeveless. thanks. lynn

I would put black or cream shawl around the shoulders....m & s have a sparkly cream shawl ...was £15 I think! I have both colours and they are really useful.....

hi many thanks for that, i will pop to M/S tommorrow to see if they have some.cheers.:)

If you have a gold dress then I personally wouldn't wear a shawl or anything with it.

However if you feel the cold and must have something then try and match with another gold colour.

I would never put a black shawl with a gold dress. It will drain the gold.

At this time of the year there is so much out gold out there. Just google "gold shawl".

Hope that you find something gorgeous.

I agree with The Med. I bought a gold sequeny bolero to go with my gold dress. Luckily the two shades are as identical as can be, so match. I think black would detract the eyes from the dress, and cream could look washed out, so take care there.

To be honest, in the main, the ships are warm, so you may not need anything. If it’s for after dinner in the theatre, etc, for where air con can on some ships be a bit high, then it won’t matter what you use as no one else will really see it :)

Perhaps black wouldn't look right on second thoughts, but my cream sparkly shawl is very useful with all colours and doesn't detract from the outfit.....it will be hard (and costly?) to match, so best to contrast.....in my opinion of course !!

I would go for a shear sparkly wrap no colour so no clash mine is the most used shawl I have because it doesn't clash with anything other than looks grubby next to my white evening dress so never use it then

Hope this helps the material is a voile type material which I bought from John Lewis and made into a shawl. A sewing shop would hem for a few quid I am sure.

I would go for a shear sparkly wrap no colour so no clash mine is the most used shawl I have because it doesn't clash with anything other than looks grubby next to my white evening dress so never use it then

Hope this helps the material is a voile type material which I bought from John Lewis and made into a shawl. A sewing shop would hem for a few quid I am sure.

Sounds lovely :)