Anthem - Transfer from ship to Newark Airport

jflatto

We will be on the Anthem in a few weeks. After the cruise, we have a 12:15 pm flight from Newark back home. By all rights, that should be more than enough time to take a RCCL transfer from the ship to the airport. While I realize that things can happen, are there typically delays using the buses to the airport?

I am asking because a few years ago on Radiance on an Alaskan cruise, all the buses were delayed for some reason (not due to docking or custom issues) and many passengers missed their flights home. We had an 11:30 am flight and didn't make it. Some folks had 9:30 am flights and really didn't make it. :)

Thanks.

I live in NJ and the port and airport are close but adding traffic, especially if it on a weekday it can take about a half hour to 45 minutes when it should only take about 10 minutes. As long as you are on the bus by 10-10:30 you should be fine.

You can self disembark early and go to the taxi dispatcher to get a shared shuttle to Newark Airport for $20/pp or a private car for about $60-70.

or you can do what we did on December 2nd. haled Uber for $11.07 he took able 7 minutes to find us. and about 15 minutes to get us to the airport. I tip him $5.00 port taxi's quoting 68 dollars.

Uber works great in NJ

or you can do what we did on December 2nd. haled Uber for $11.07 he took able 7 minutes to find us. and about 15 minutes to get us to the airport. I tip him $5.00 port taxi's quoting 68 dollars.

Uber works great in NJ

Agree completely....Uber also worked great for us this past October (Anthem) for our 12:30pm flight from EWR....The worst part was spending time at EWR...a new airport for us to dislike.

Definitely have to agree. Uber would be my first choice and I would take a taxi instead of a bus. Uber drivers know when the ships docks that people will want transportation so they often plan to be in that area to respond to calls. That means a short wait and you are in the car and on the way.

This is great news. Anybody have suggestions from a hotel near the airport TO the port? Thanks, Rhonda

Did you book a hotel yet? If not, trinityreservations.com has a sleep cruise package for Dec 21 for the Bayonne Cape Liberty Cruiseport - $185 tax included at the Ramada for a room and round trip shuttle transportation to Cape Liberty.

This is great news. Anybody have suggestions from a hotel near the airport TO the port? Thanks, Rhonda
I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Sept., and they offered a shuttle to port for $20-25 'ish each. I don't remember the exact fare. Worked perfectly in a nice coach mini bus. I called the hotel prior to arrival and was told there was no such shuttle. I called 2x with the same answer. I read about it on these boards and wished for the best. A cab was my backup plan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app