Best way to get to port from Bush

bunzini

We are flying in a couple of days early to visit family in Houston (Bush) before our cruise. We want to visit family, but do not want to burden them to take us to the port as they recently lost both of their parents and are busy with settling their estate, etc. I have had several thoughts...I believe we will stay near the airport because that is closer to where they live. I am thinking we could Uber to Galveston the morning of the cruise OR maybe we could rent a car and take it to Galveston (but not sure how to get to port from rental car company) OR shuttle back to the airport from a hotel near there and pick up a shuttle of some sort. Not sure which is the easiest and fairly economical. Anyone know the cost of an Uber ride? Any thoughts on any of my other ideas? I have looked at the boards, and not really found the information I am looking for.

Is Uber still operating out of Bush and taking people to the port? I have read so much and am still confused whether or not they can drop off at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you are staying near airport , have family on day of cruise take you to airport and the ride the cruise line shuttle to galveston terminal . Another Option from airport also are Galveston Express and Galveston Limo . Call all three for further information .

Uber works well and they have quoted me 80$ from IAH to the Beachcomber Inn in Galveston which is by the water. I phoned the Inn and they told me that quote from Uber would be correct.

I like it this way as you are not waiting for anyone when you take a shuttle.