Beverage Package Question

robbykapnj

Hi,

The beverage package for my cruise had been on sale for $48 and is now $54.

$54 seems a little high. Has anyone seen the beverage package go higher than $54 online prior to the cruise? How much does the beverage package cost onboard - is it likely to be more than $54 or is there still any advantage to buying it now at the $54 rate?

Thank you very much.

Hi,

$54 seems a little high. Has anyone seen the beverage package go higher than $54 online prior to the cruise? How much does the beverage package cost onboard - is it likely to be more than $54 or is there still any advantage to buying it now at the $54 rate?

Thank you very much.

Agree, $54 is high. Saw a recent sale price on the Anthem for $41 per day. Keep watching for a better sale price. If you do book a beverage package, and then see it offered for a lower price, you can cancel it and then book a new package (at the lower price).

Hi,

Thank you very much.

$55 is about the minimum I've seen onboard, and I've seen higher.

On my recent NCL cruise, it was $89 pppd [emoji58]

That's because it's one of the options you can pick "for free" if you book anything other than a guarantee (what they call "Let's Sail" rate).

I say "for free" because you're still on the hook for the 18% gratuities which is based off that very high $89/pppd cost.

In July on Allure, the package price was $58 plus 18% per day. If you book at the $55 per day price and it goes down again, you can cancel and purchase again.

I have to say though, I have seen the price go down and that's only for a certain period of time and when it goes back up, it doesn't go down again for that cruise. I booked mine for January for $43 plus tips and haven't seen it go any lower. So far, my price hasn't gone up and maybe this cruise it won't go back up like it did for the July cruise.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

We paid $42pp on cyber Monday and got voom wifi included for 9 dollars/day on that sale

Watch for sales especially after the holidays

Hi,

Thank you very much.

As you were told on your thread three weeks ago, you are on a holiday sailing, prices are not going to go down. You missed out on a price then because you didn't book it as had been recommended in threads prior and you have now missed out on the $48 rate that you said had been available for weeks.

If you really want a beverage package, book it before it goes up again. On a holiday sailing, you will not see a bargain available on the ship. If it does happen to be lower on the ship, cancel it and repurchase it.

I'm booked on Symphony departing 2017-07-12 and the package is $47.85 pppd right now.

Yup that was the price I saw on Black Friday and I bought it then, $389.75pp when you add in tax for 7n.

I was just indicating the highest price I had seen as the OP asked how high it can go on board....