TransAtlantic end of March-April

We are considering our first TransAtlantic cruise and have found a couple that sound appealing, with no more than 4 days at sea at a time...cruising from Miami-Bermuda-the Azores--Lisbon. We are looking at Regent Explorer: would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!

Not sure what kind of feedback you desire. We have done dozens of TAs (quite a few at that time of the year) and love TAs because of the decent prices and many sea days. If you love sea days you will likely enjoy the cruise. If sea days drive you nutz then you will not be happy cruisers. As to the weather and the seas, we are talking spring time weather which is entirely unpredictable. On that type of crossing we have had everything from glassy seas and gorgeous weather to 30 foot seas...and just about everything between.

Hank

If you're wondering if you can spend your days in your bathing suit lying by the pool. Doubtful. However if you want to relax outside reading a book, maybe in a light jacket, probably. The weather and seas are impossible to predict, but I love sea days (hence TAs) and wouldn't hesitate to go in March-April.

No one can predict the weather, but I wouldn't be packing many pairs of shorts for a March cruise. You are lucky to need them and have some nice pool weather on an April cruise.

Be open to having fun on sea days. We love them as do most people who book transatlantic cruises. You'll only be bored if you are a boring sort yourself!

Personally, I much prefer west-bound T/As, when the ships are being brought back to the Caribbean.

On east-bound, you lose an hour of sleep most nights, which really messes with you inner clock and it's hard to reset your "clock"..

By the time you arrive in Europe, you're tired out from lack of sleep. The air at sea can be pretty cool, as the Atlantic Ocean is still cold from winter. Also, Spring over there can be rather chilly and rainy.

On west-bound T/As, you gain an hour of rest most nights, so getting readjusted to the time is a lot easier on your body. And the weather is warmer, as the Atlantic is still warm from the months of summer sun.

JMO based on my experiences doing both directions.