Bermuda suggestions

RNic

In 8 days my DH and I will be on the Horizon heading to Bermuda, on just a 4 day cruise. We wanted to check out the island so we could consider a longer stay in the future. We booked the Best of Bermuda Island Tour. I am looking for feedback for this excursion and suggestions for a lunch spot in Hamilton or St. George.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this excursion in May 2016. We had 3 days in Bermuda. Unfortunately the three days were either a National Holiday or Sunday and most everything was closed! It was also rainy and overcast much of the time. The excursion was an excellent overview of the island. Our driver gave us tons of information and answered many questions. The island is beautiful and very, very clean, no littering and they are serious about that! When we went, they were getting ready for the Americas Cup the following June, 2017. Was interesting to see all the preparations involved with that. The naval dockyard has shopping and other things to do. I think you will really enjoy all the excursion has to offer. I would love to go again sometime.

The swizzle inn will give you a terrific fish sandwich and their delicious Bermuda chowder.....I make the chowder from the gosling rum site....bought the distinctive Bermuda sherry peppers at a hot sauce store in maine as we only do carryon...you can buy them at one of the stores bear the ship...a rum swizzle will make your day!

You could ask your tour driver for a suggestion. As he is a local I'm sure he could recommend a favorite.

Somers' Cafe Express on Front Street in Hamilton gets good reviews and they also serve an afternoon tea which might be fun.

Edited by blueridgemama
spelling