Bermuda Taxi Fare Calculator

Darkstrike

• 3 weeks later...
So with tip it will cost you $100 to go from the ship to Horseshoe Beach roundtrip.....Ouch

If your use of the taxifinder comes up with $100 for 1 to 4 in a taxi for a trip Monday thru Saturday, that calculation is wrong. Horseshoe Bay by taxi would be about $35 for the taxi each way plus tip for one to four people sharing. So $70 for a taxi plus tip. Not $100 with tip unless you over tip. Also the cost is shared, not per person.

I just tried the taxi finder and it calculated $42.47 including a 15% tip. ( tipping taxis in Bermuda is 10% to 15%) So for me it did not calculate $100, it calculated $85 including a 15% tip rounded up. So the taxi finder comes up with what I would expect when I use it.

The shared ride private minibuses which are a very good alternative to the taxis, are $7 per person each way. That would be $14 per person total cost per person round trip.

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
If your use of the taxifinder comes up with $100 for 1 to 4 in a taxi for a trip Monday thru Saturday, that calculation is wrong. Horseshoe Bay by taxi would be about $35 for the taxi each way plus tip for one to four people sharing. So $70 for a taxi plus tip. Not $100 with tip unless you over tip. Also the cost is shared, not per person.

I just tried the taxi finder and it calculated $42.47 including a 15% tip. ( tipping taxis in Bermuda is 10% to 15%) So for me it did not calculate $100, it calculated $85 including a 15% tip rounded up. So the taxi finder comes up with what I would expect when I use it.

The shared ride private minibuses which are a very good alternative to the taxis, are $7 per person each way. That would be $14 per person total cost per person round trip.

Where can I find more information about shared minibusses?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Where can I find more information about shared minibusses?

Mini-buses run from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and return. The fare each way is $7 paid to the driver when boarding. They depart the Dockyard and HSB when they fill. Mini-buses do not run on a schedule and they are privately owned. They will go to other locations besides HSB but require a minimum of e 7 passengers and an increase in the fare. They depart from the Dockyard from Zone 5 of the Transportation Zone which you will pass by on the walk from your cruise ship to land, and they depart from the parking area at HSB.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...
Mini-buses run from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and return. The fare each way is $7 paid to the driver when boarding. They depart the Dockyard and HSB when they fill. Mini-buses do not run on a schedule and they are privately owned. They will go to other locations besides HSB but require a minimum of e 7 passengers and an increase in the fare. They depart from the Dockyard from Zone 5 of the Transportation Zone which you will pass by on the walk from your cruise ship to land, and they depart from the parking area at HSB.

SBtS

What about getting to the Aquarium/zoo near Hamilton? Do they have shared mini-buses for that site?

What about getting to the Aquarium/zoo near Hamilton? Do they have shared mini-buses for that site?

No...unless you have enough people who want to go there to fill a mini bus and the driver is willing to do it. It would cost significantly more than going to Horseshoe Bay.

Your best bet is probably a ferry to Hamilton and then a bus to BAMZ.

• 1 month later...