Does NCL record your booking when you make it direct with them?

Does NCL record your booking?

If so, how do I get a copy of the transcript?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

If you mean are they recording the conversation they have that disclaimer that they do record all calls. You would need to contact customer service with your request. I’m guessing you have a problem? I would call and speak to a supervisor and It won’t be quick or easy, but that’s just my opinion.

Does NCL record your booking?

If so, how do I get a copy of the transcript?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

They might have a record of it, but they will not send it to you. You can see a summary of your booking on your myNCL page, which will show the information about your cruise, the perks you have chosen, the passenger names and any payments you have made.

There is a post I made on here back in 2009 about call recordings with NCL if it's still available. They do record them, and if you reach the right person they will even listen to them, but they will definitely not send you a copy or transcript.

Due to an extremely rude and unprofessional PCC I had back in 2009, I always record my calls with them when I book since I live in a 1-party consent state for call recording. Doing so helped me tremendously with NCL back in 2009.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If they won't provide the recording voluntarily, you have options.

1) If you’re a victim of identity theft, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you can get a copy of a call the fraudster made in which they conducted a transaction using your information. This is provided that the call was recorded and a copy of the recording was saved.

2) You can file suit and ask for the information in Discovery. They HAVE to comply. If not, they are in contempt.

There are new data protection laws that have just been brought into force within the European Union. So if you are either an EU citizen, or you personal data is processed by a company operating within the EU, then you have a right to request a copy of any personal information they may hold on you. It is known as the right of access.

I obviously don’t know if this applies to you, but just wanted to let you know that if either of these apply, then they are lawfully bound to provide a copy if you request it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a post I made on here back in 2009 about call recordings with NCL if it's still available. They do record them, and if you reach the right person they will even listen to them, but they will definitely not send you a copy or transcript.

Due to an extremely rude and unprofessional PCC I had back in 2009, I always record my calls with them when I book since I live in a 1-party consent state for call recording. Doing so helped me tremendously with NCL back in 2009.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That may not make it legal if NCL is located in a 2-party consent state. Florida is a 2-party consent state and that is where NCL's corporate address on their website says they are located. I have no idea whether their statement that they may be monitoring or recording the call for quality control would count as them implicitly consenting to you recording the conversation, as well.

You also have to be careful about recording phone calls, especially if you’re talking with someone who’s in a state with different laws than yours. If you live in New York, a one-party state, and want to record a phone call with someone in California, a two-party state, you need to have their consent in addition to the consent you’ve automatically granted. If you use an app like Total Recall on Android or Tape a Call on iOS, you need to double-check that you’re not recording all calls by default and accidentally taping people illegally.
https://lifehacker.com/what-you-need-to-know-when-recording-your-enemies-1795226719

I have a call recording app on my cell. I had an issue with my bank. Supervisor asked me who I spoke with and when. They already said the call was being recorded, it isn't illegal for me to record it on my end. I gave name, date & time of call. They were able to quickly pull the call. The employee who resolved my issue, did forward my call info. and complaint to managers/dept. heads. I received emails from them apologizing for the bank errors, etc. I also highly thanked & gave kudos to the employee who DID resolve my issue. I sent an email to the employee and told him I sang his praises to the powers that be. He said he was told of the compliments and was given a bonus. I don't mind complaining, but I also make sure to give thanks & accolades.