NCL GEM - Spa Pass

ARYANJ89

Hi! Hopefully someone can help me.

I know there are Spa Passes for the entirety of the 10 day cruise at $199 a person, but is there a daily rate if I wanted to go for a day? Thanks in advance!

So I called NCL. A two day is 89$, a three day is $99.. Just in case anyone was curious haha!

We have booked the thermal spa pass (which is what I believe you are asking about) for our last 3 cruises. While the price seems to be increasing, I find it well worth the price. There are a limited number of passes, and the area is usually not crowded. The ceramic loungers (heated) are FABULOUS! We don't care for the crowded pools, so this area was perfect for us!

I made the mistake of thinking we would have access to this area if we had used the spa services (massages, etc.), but that is not correct. I didn't buy on-line when they were cheaper because of this mistaken thought....I now know better and buy them on-line when they come available...which is about 90 days out, I think.

Our NCL Escape is a 7 day and the passes are $199, which was higher than on our 7 day NCL Gem trip ($129), so a 10 day pass for $199 seems reasonable. It is probably the amenities available that is the price difference, as our NCL Star cruise did not have the heated ceramic loungers, which is why I booked the thermal spa to begin with! One drawback I will note (from Gem experience, so don't know how prevalent): the waterfall feature in the pool was quite loud when someone used it. A little disruptive to an otherwise quiet, peaceful place.

NCL can quote prices, but day passes are offered if the weekly passes don't sell out. Normally, daily passes are only offered on port days (don't expect to get in on sea days). Day passes are sold at the discretion of the spa. On our two cruises at the end of last year, weekly passes did not sell out, but the spa was not selling any day passes. People were yelling and screaming and were ultimately turned away.

• 9 months later...
Has anyone used the Gem Spa recently and how was it? Crowded? Thanks!:)

My husband got a week (10 days) on our last cruse on the Gem in April. He said there was rarely anyone in there and he really enjoyed it. :)

I was thinking of getting the spa passes for my upcoming trip on the Gem but I think I read somewhere on here that on the Gem the thermal spa was separated for men and women. Can someone clear this up for me? I wouldn’t get the passes if my husband and I couldn’t enjoy everything together! I’m a little confused

I was thinking of getting the spa passes for my upcoming trip on the Gem but I think I read somewhere on here that on the Gem the thermal spa was separated for men and women. Can someone clear this up for me? I wouldn’t get the passes if my husband and I couldn’t enjoy everything together! I’m a little confused
The Gem is a boys and girls together spa :) the only thing separate is the locker room.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just curious. Is it hot and stuffy in the thermal spa? Like an hotel indoor pool? Or is it a good place to go with a book and relax kid-free?

Following. I have an 11-night on the Gem coming up in November. Never got a spa pass before, so I am also curious.

I believe it is broken out to a men’s area with lockers, steam room, sauna and the same setup for women. There is also a co-ed area with loungers, heated ceramic loungers, a pool with jets, and a hot tub.

It’s a little muggy but not bad. I would go there to read every day that I was on the Gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Gem 10 day sailing.

I purchased the spa pass in advance, on line for $199

Price to buy on board was $247

Not crowded for March 17-27

The thermal pool and hot tub was closed on day 9 in the afternoon due to 14.7ft waves. One big one that hit the ship almost washed me out of the pool where I was laying on the rods. Not sure if they were reopened on the last at sea day.

• 2 months later...

We purchased the spa package recently on a cruise out of NY for the first time on the Gem. We purchased it online ahead of time for $139. Totally worth it for this cruise. We normally go on Caribbean cruises where we get sit out by the pool. Too cold on this cruise for that. We went to the spa daily (usually a couple times a day). It was never crowded. The price if you bought it on the cruise was $186 and included a scrub mixture that ours did not. They offered us the scrub for an additional $27 but wasn't worth it in my opinion. Would get this again for any "cold" weather cruises.

We purchased the spa package recently on a cruise out of NY for the first time on the Gem. We purchased it online ahead of time for $139. Totally worth it for this cruise. We normally go on Caribbean cruises where we get sit out by the pool. Too cold on this cruise for that. We went to the spa daily (usually a couple times a day). It was never crowded. The price if you bought it on the cruise was $186 and included a scrub mixture that ours did not. They offered us the scrub for an additional $27 but wasn't worth it in my opinion. Would get this again for any "cold" weather cruises.

Hi...I'm new to NCL what actually is included in this "Thermal Spa" pass?? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

The Gem Spa Pass includes access to the male or female locker room which has normal size showers, normal size bathroom stalls, a sauna, a steam room, a single person whirlpool, cushioned lounge chairs, bathrobe and towels. In the central room, you have access to 4-6 person hot tub, a huge pool that has jets around a circular standing/floating area, a multi-person bubbling lounger made from tubes, and the most high pressured shower (tore my glasses off). There are heated ceramic lounge chairs and more padded lounge chairs. Towels, tea, iced water with rings of lemon or orange in them. Finally in early May, there was the loveliest attendant keeping everything neat and clean - she managed to prevent me from stepping in vomit on a rough sea day. Every time I have been on the gem, the pools were drained one day because the seas were too rough and the water was sloshing into the treatment rooms. Very disappointing and no refund! No treatments are included.