Word of Warning about NCL's Solo Cruisers Discount

robin13

Super Crazy how (we as solos), have to pay these rates. Penalized. Understand the the Corporate thought process, but in this day and age, it is discrimination.

I have a friend who has a nose piercing working in a hospital. She was told to remove the mini diamond from her nose. She refused. She was suspended, yet the Indian woman was allowed to keep her nose piercing with no questions asked. HUH?

Point? Cruise Lines better learn to accommodate solo travelers and not discriminate in this day and age of "Diversity".

JMO

I don't see single pricing as discrimination, I see the advertising as being misleading.

The problem is in the advertising. If you book a hotel the room is priced per room. It doesn't matter whether there is one person or two in it. If you book a cruise the cabin is priced per cabin, but for advertising purposes they break the cabin price down to per person.

If a single person books a hotel room they don't expect to pay half the rate because there is only one person there, I'm not sure why it is expected on a cruise.

I don't see single pricing as discrimination, I see the advertising as being misleading.

The problem is in the advertising. If you book a hotel the room is priced per room. It doesn't matter whether there is one person or two in it. If you book a cruise the cabin is priced per cabin, but for advertising purposes they break the cabin price down to per person.

If a single person books a hotel room they don't expect to pay half the rate because there is only one person there, I'm not sure why it is expected on a cruise.

I agree..it is the advertising. I have no problem paying a hotel room price...solo or not. It is what is is. Solos on a cruises use less of everything, including maintenance of rooms. I am sure this debate has been beat to death over the years...and hopefully we can eventually catch a break. JMO :)

I don't find the "wait until after final payment" worthwhile. With NCL, the true single rates are less than a week prior. "Last minute", isn't until the very end, if you want the low prices.

With not being flexible, and wanting, only 1 cruise on date hardly makes any sense to wait with booking. IF more flexibilty is an option AND being accepting of not going, the best rate is likely to be only a couple days prior.

If this is a priority, then plan on paying more. If it's resentment involved, then do not check prices any long. Days of the upgrading- are now with the bidding system. The previous, comp upgrading involved in the past is going to be gone, I'll speculate.