Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I have found eating alone to be the worst part of eating out anywhere. However while cruising, I go to the main dining room, and ask the maitre d' to sit me with a group. I usually do this even if not cruising solo. Many people are eager to share their table with others, I have never been left alone. Also if I make acquaintance with interesting people on board or on an excursion, I sometimes arrange to meet in the bar outside the dining room at a set time, then we go in together.

I have found eating alone to be the worst part of eating out anywhere. However while cruising, I go to the main dining room, and ask the maitre d' to sit me with a group. I usually do this even if not cruising solo. Many people are eager to share their table with others, I have never been left alone. Also if I make acquaintance with interesting people on board or on an excursion, I sometimes arrange to meet in the bar outside the dining room at a set time, then we go in together.

I'd rather eat alone then to eat with bad or disagreeable company. I rather enjoy my own company. Besides, you are never alone. There is always me, myself and I. :D

Ramona

Hello all.

I'm cruising solo on the Celebrity Infinity December 3 through 8, 2018. I am looking forward to being on this ship, as I love Celebrity Cruises. This will be my 5th cruise alone, so I'm used to dining alone. Sometimes I would rather eat alone (if I'm in the grips of a wonderful book that I'm reading) and sometimes I like to sit with a group.

solo unless I can find some one to come 04/28/19 TA from NY to Rome and I'm scared as hell lol

Booked a balcony...ouch..so I can add someone if i can convince a relative or friend to join in

What are you afraid of? It is wonderful being on the ship and visiting all the different countries. When you go solo, ALL of your time is your own. You can stay as long or as short on any adventure or activity that you choose to. You never have to compromise or see something you may not have an interest in. There is no one to get in the way of what you want to do when you want to do it. You can eat as much or as little as you want and no one will ask you about it or tell you that you shouldn't. You can leave anything in the cabin you want, anywhere you want because no one will ask you to move it. You're LIVING your best life now. Enjoy!!!:):)

What are you afraid of? It is wonderful being on the ship and visiting all the different countries. When you go solo, ALL of your time is your own. You can stay as long or as short on any adventure or activity that you choose to. You never have to compromise or see something you may not have an interest in. There is no one to get in the way of what you want to do when you want to do it. You can eat as much or as little as you want and no one will ask you about it or tell you that you shouldn't. You can leave anything in the cabin you want, anywhere you want because no one will ask you to move it. You're LIVING your best life now. Enjoy!!!:):)

This (y):ship::cocktail:

Ramona

Just got back from my first European Cruise (Baltics) and I went solo. I did two Carnival cruises solo; but this one was major.

I was anxious at first - especially since I have never been to Europe. But, I had a BLAST!!!! Awesome trip. Met lots of wonderful people and had a very memorable experience.

Therefore, I have booked the Emerald Princess r/t Barcelona for next June. Will go solo unless I find a roommate.

Debbi :D

Just got back from my first European Cruise (Baltics) and I went solo. I did two Carnival cruises solo; but this one was major.

I was anxious at first - especially since I have never been to Europe. But, I had a BLAST!!!! Awesome trip. Met lots of wonderful people and had a very memorable experience.

Therefore, I have booked the Emerald Princess r/t Barcelona for next June. Will go solo unless I find a roommate.

That was the same way I felt when I did my first European solo cruise. It was my bucket list trip so it’s definitely my favourite. I’ll be returning to Rome this November for my first TA [emoji5]

Glad you had such an amazing time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

(y) Going on my 2nd Cruise ever, Royal Princess, and I'm not sure if it's my 2nd one solo 'cause the first was with a group but I did a solo inside cabin. Feb 2019 I head for a 49 night cruise around South America.

Ramona

Congratulations Attilamom. I have not been to the Baltic countries yet. It sounds like you had a great and rewarding time.

Virtopia, I hope you love your transatlantic as much as i have loved mine. I have done 4.

And a 49 night cruise around South America? wow! wish i could go too. Lucky you! not the pest- Hey, I'm from Brooklyn too!

Canarsie in the House and BRC (Brownsville Recreation Center) is where workout. I guess I'm mulit-community, :D

Ramona

Hi Ramona,

thanks for writing back! I guess you are now cruise-addicted like most of us on here..... I am impressed that you are taking that South American journey. Just booked Regal Princess (It is like Royal) for a trip from Brooklyn-Florida by way of the Caribbean, but it's not solo.

I am familiar with Canarsie. Is the BRC on Linden Blvd?

josey

Hi All

I have just booked my first solo on Quantum of the Seas. Do RCL do any special activities/meetups for solos?

Thanks

Floridaholic

They do not have a staff member assigned to the solo group. They do sometimes post gathering times, but it is hit or miss, I never met up with other solos except in the dining room and on excursions. And they said they had missed people trying to find meet ups as well.

They do not have a staff member assigned to the solo group. They do sometimes post gathering times, but it is hit or miss, I never met up with other solos except in the dining room and on excursions. And they said they had missed people trying to find meet ups as well.

I've cruised solo with RCCL a few times, and have had crew members join us at the solo lunch. We've had fun getting to know them as well as fellow solo passengers. Next up for me is Snowbird Migration in October, then have a b2b Caribbean, Alaska, Baltic, Med and a TA for next year - you can't take it with you!!

Nancy

Will be doing a solo spin to Alaska next month on Royal Caribbean. Then in December, over Christmas, I'm off to Norway to explore the Northern Lights on the Hurtigruten (some interesting excursions up there!). I just book a solo trip on Diamond Princess to Singapore-Tokyo, with stops in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Osaka, Taipei -- not in that order, I'm sure. Anyway, that's in February. Love solo travel and solo travellers on so many levels!

Just returned home from another solo cruise ( I don't remember which number but after cruising solo for 15 years I still love it:D), Sailed from Venice to Nice with stops in Dubrovnik and multiple places in Italy......Sicily was wonderful:D...this was a 10 night cruise with many ports (8 I think)……..

Now I don't have anything booked:eek:….I have been trying to decide on something.....I better get researching

again:D

(y)

Just returned home from another solo cruise ( I don't remember which number but after cruising solo for 15 years I still love it:D), Sailed from Venice to Nice with stops in Dubrovnik and multiple places in Italy......Sicily was wonderful:D...this was a 10 night cruise with many ports (8 I think)……..

Now I don't have anything booked:eek:….I have been trying to decide on something.....I better get researching

again:D

Bermuda is beautiful! But it won't be warm enough to go to the beach in October, most likely, because it is not in the Caribbean. There is also a possibility of a hurricane at that time. Bermuda is in the mid-Atlantic at the same latitude or longitude as North Carolina.

Enjoy your cruise!