Sleep Inn - Sea Tac Airport

CoolChange37

:mad:NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN! The hotel itself was nice. (Really bad part of town, tho - don't walk anywhere - this straight from the front desk personnel - that's why they have free shuttle). The breakfast was not a full breakfast as stated, so be ready to go to the IHOP next door! THIS IS THE PROBLEM - Three weeks prior to our travel date, we found a lower rate for the two nights prior to our cruise and upon calling the hotel direct, was told they could not honor the rate ($15 a night lower through Hotels.com) and so I booked our rooms (2 of them - hey, $30 is a lot of money when you've been paying on your vacation for almost two years!) through Hotels.com and called back to the hotel directly (then redirected to the reservations line as we already had a reservation) and asked the girl that answered the phone to cancel the rooms (we had two rooms booked in our name). She advised they were cancelled and we ended the call. Apparently, per Daniel, the GM of this specific hotel, advised me after researching the reservation, that the girl at the reservations desk only cancelled one of them from what he could tell on the paperwork he was reading from, so we were charged for a no show ($400). The GM (Daniel) agreed with me that it was the reservations' department's fault because they only cancelled one of the rooms we had booked and he stated that he couldn't do anything (that corporate would have to) and asked me to call them for resolution. A week later (today) I called to see what the resolution was and Ella (from the Philippines) told me she spoke with Daniel and he refused to reimburse us. WE STAYED IN THEIR HOTEL FOR TWO NIGHTS, AS WELL AS 5 OTHER COUPLES! Upon checking in, the front desk did not advise us at any time that there were two extra rooms booked in our name! Plus, we were charged the higher rate (not the lower rate through Hotels.com) when we checked out and didn't realize until after we were home - 10 days later! First of all, if reservations had cancelled one of the bookings and not both (which were in the same reservation), we would have only had to pay for a "no show" for one of the rooms for one night! But they charged us for two! Not sure if it was for one room two nights or two rooms for one night! So, at this posting, I must say - be very careful and double check when checking if or if you had ANY changes - cause this was a very unpleasant surprise when we got home from a wonderful vacation - only to be out $361.09! I have to say, we would have probably recommended this hotel for future cruises, as we are members of many cruise lines and CruiseCritic.com (which will also receive this posting) and Travel Adviser, and were both travel agents for over 20 years, and I have never, in all my travels, been "out" this much money for any mistakes regardless of who's fault it was!

Are you saying that you never received an emailed confirmation of the cancellation of either room? Or did you receive an email just for one and you missed that detail? I've never heard of a hotel that doesn't send a cancellation confirmation.

:mad:NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN! The hotel itself was nice. (Really bad part of town, tho - don't walk anywhere - this straight from the front desk personnel - that's why they have free shuttle). The breakfast was not a full breakfast as stated, so be ready to go to the IHOP next door! THIS IS THE PROBLEM - Three weeks prior to our travel date, we found a lower rate for the two nights prior to our cruise and upon calling the hotel direct, was told they could not honor the rate ($15 a night lower through Hotels.com) and so I booked our rooms (2 of them - hey, $30 is a lot of money when you've been paying on your vacation for almost two years!) through Hotels.com and called back to the hotel directly (then redirected to the reservations line as we already had a reservation) and asked the girl that answered the phone to cancel the rooms (we had two rooms booked in our name). She advised they were cancelled and we ended the call. Apparently, per Daniel, the GM of this specific hotel, advised me after researching the reservation, that the girl at the reservations desk only cancelled one of them from what he could tell on the paperwork he was reading from, so we were charged for a no show ($400). The GM (Daniel) agreed with me that it was the reservations' department's fault because they only cancelled one of the rooms we had booked and he stated that he couldn't do anything (that corporate would have to) and asked me to call them for resolution. A week later (today) I called to see what the resolution was and Ella (from the Philippines) told me she spoke with Daniel and he refused to reimburse us. WE STAYED IN THEIR HOTEL FOR TWO NIGHTS, AS WELL AS 5 OTHER COUPLES! Upon checking in, the front desk did not advise us at any time that there were two extra rooms booked in our name! Plus, we were charged the higher rate (not the lower rate through Hotels.com) when we checked out and didn't realize until after we were home - 10 days later! First of all, if reservations had cancelled one of the bookings and not both (which were in the same reservation), we would have only had to pay for a "no show" for one of the rooms for one night! But they charged us for two! Not sure if it was for one room two nights or two rooms for one night! So, at this posting, I must say - be very careful and double check when checking if or if you had ANY changes - cause this was a very unpleasant surprise when we got home from a wonderful vacation - only to be out $361.09! I have to say, we would have probably recommended this hotel for future cruises, as we are members of many cruise lines and CruiseCritic.com (which will also receive this posting) and Travel Adviser, and were both travel agents for over 20 years, and I have never, in all my travels, been "out" this much money for any mistakes regardless of who's fault it was!

I would file a formal complaint in writing with their corporate office and I would dispute that charge on your credit card bill.

Now personally, I make sure I get a cancellation email when I cancel and rebook (I just did this with 3 different hotels on our recent Alaskan cruise), I also called the hotels the week before we left to verify that my confirmations and cancellations were all recorded properly. I am kinda OCD about all of that :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...