Paying for Business Class Air

bitob

This will be our second PG cruise. The first time we took their air. I will never do coach again to PPT. I understand that PG's business class upgrade is no longer a good deal.

We are fortunate to have tons of miles and usually do not pay for business class flights but I do not believe I will be able to secure a mileage flight from LAX to PPT. Our return will be from Fiji and mileage flights will be possible.

I am going to bite the bullet and purchase 2 one way business class tickets LA to PPT. Can anyone give me advice on which airline has best prices for a direct flight? Are prices better at a particular point in time prior to travel? I would consider 1 stop if price difference is significant. My searches have revealed insane disparity in prices. The best deal I have found so far is Hawaiian via HNL. I'd like to keep it to around 2500 per ticket if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fares are in constant flux .... daily and even sometimes hourly. You really only have 5 choices.

1. Via HNL on Hawaiian

2. United direct from SFO, or LAX with one stop

3. Air France from LAX

4. ATN direct from LAX, or SFO with one stop

5. French Bee from SFO (though their business class is more like economy plus)

Note: ATN starts flying new Boeing 787's this November

Love the AF business class.

The ATN flights were to be upgraded to flat bed but dont know when they are being introduced.

ATN will introduce two of the new 787's this November. My flights over this November are on the new 787's. The other two 787's will be introduced over the follow year.

ATN is getting I believe 4 in November.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/check-out-air-tahiti-nuis-new-787-livery-and-cabin/

The coach has 3 on the sides which I do not care for, but premium economy has really nice looking seats. United also flies a dreamliner from SFO and their premium economy is just the same as economy with 5 more inches of leg room.

Our TA checked and the business class upgrade each was $3850 and that is almost $8000, so we will suffer in coach 😬

ATN is getting I believe 4 in November.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/check-out-air-tahiti-nuis-new-787-livery-and-cabin/

The coach has 3 on the sides which I do not care for, but premium economy has really nice looking seats. United also flies a dreamliner from SFO and their premium economy is just the same as economy with 5 more inches of leg room.

Our TA checked and the business class upgrade each was $3850 and that is almost $8000, so we will suffer in coach

My source says only two in November and as our return in December is on the old 340 airbuses I believe my source. Even the article states only two starting in November with four in operation be the end of 2019

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

This will be our second PG cruise. The first time we took their air. I will never do coach again to PPT. I understand that PG's business class upgrade is no longer a good deal.

We are fortunate to have tons of miles and usually do not pay for business class flights but I do not believe I will be able to secure a mileage flight from LAX to PPT. Our return will be from Fiji and mileage flights will be possible.

I am going to bite the bullet and purchase 2 one way business class tickets LA to PPT. Can anyone give me advice on which airline has best prices for a direct flight? Are prices better at a particular point in time prior to travel? I would consider 1 stop if price difference is significant. My searches have revealed insane disparity in prices. The best deal I have found so far is Hawaiian via HNL. I'd like to keep it to around 2500 per ticket if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Bitob,

We are on he same cruise doing the same search for Business Class seats. With airlines reducing pitch they have decided that DH's knees no longer need space in coach. Right now as you stated Hawaiian Air has the best price for Business Class but they only fly to PPT on Saturdays. I am hoping our TA will bring the magic one more time as she did with our first class seats to Lima. We have joined the roll call as well. If you would like to share information as we search let me know.