Dress Code

gkgk123ca

So, what’s the problem?
You mean other than the systemic breakdown from top to bottom, that included the waiter gladly taking our order for two dark chocolate soufflés 24hrs after distributing menus they knew were in error? Or not simply adjusting and producing what the menu listed?

I'll perhaps say more about this in an appropriate thread when I'm home, but food and service delivery in all dining venues have a LOT more to worry about than what people wear.

You mean other than the systemic breakdown from top to bottom, that included the waiter gladly taking our order for two dark chocolate soufflés 24hrs after distributing menus they knew were in error? Or not simply adjusting and producing what the menu listed?

I'll perhaps say more about this in an appropriate thread when I'm home, but food and service delivery in all dining venues have a LOT more to worry about than what people wear.

The sauce wasn't even dark chocolate then? I've seen some weird descriptions on the souffles - it usually refers to the sauce flavour not the cake part. But I digress. Short skirts/dresses always welcome in my dress code!

The sauce wasn't even dark chocolate then? I've seen some weird descriptions on the souffles - it usually refers to the sauce flavour not the cake part. But I digress. Short skirts/dresses always welcome in my dress code!
Listed sauce was mint. The official word was a menu printing error. If so, that means they had 24hrs to have the kitchen adjust or inform wait staff to advise pax, etc.

This is supposed to be an informative thread about dress code, and is pinned as such. What has all this food stuff got to do with that?
It's not about food stuff, it's about priorities of attention. Also, too, after a zillion pages on dress code perhaps a little latitude in discussion, concluded in short order, can be tolerated?

It's not about food stuff, it's about priorities of attention. Also, too, after a zillion pages on dress code perhaps a little latitude in discussion, concluded in short order, can be tolerated?

Hear hear - the odd digression happens often on these boards.

To return to the dress code, however - I wonder if you (assuming you are female) were thinking of wearing this outfit, Bestie. Do tell. I think, as a 'romper suit', it would look lovely on a young girl or woman with a perfect figure, during the daytime on board or perhaps outdoors in the evening. Maybe a bit too casual for TK or the dining room?

We did end up packing it and will be trying it out mostly during the day. And also for lunch today given how stifling and balmy London has been of late.

Rest assured we have appropriate little black dresses or cocktail wear for TK or dinner. We enjoy dressing up and have no desire to test the limits. We’re on Seabourn to cruise, holiday, wine and dine

We did end up packing it and will be trying it out mostly during the day. And also for lunch today given how stifling and balmy London has been of late.

Rest assured we have appropriate little black dresses or cocktail wear for TK or dinner. We enjoy dressing up and have no desire to test the limits. We’re on Seabourn to cruise, holiday, wine and dine ��

Sounds as if your cruise is quite soon - have a great time!

Bestie098 - I must apologise for sounding proscriptive and bossy about your outfit; I assumed you were just posing a sort of general question, not that you were actually bringing the outfit to a cruise! I would have written something a bit more emollient about it if I had realised.

Have a great cruise -I would guess somewhere in Europe, if you have flown to London from Oz? If so, at least you have something cool to wear.

I think it is super cute for daytime wear. I could not pull it off but I envy those who can.

I do hold fast on not wanting to see men in rompers (day OR evening) though!

If it's that important start a new thread. That was your message won't get lost in the middle of a completely different topic.

If it's that important start a new thread. That was your message won't get lost in the middle of a completely different topic.
That's just it - thought it was interesting enough to share but not important enough for its own thread, so I raised it as an issue of priorities vs policing what clothes mature, fare paying adults are wearing.

Leaving in a few days.

I carefully read all 21 lines of Seabourn's dress code (for ladies and gentlemen) that came with my cruise confirmation... fairly simple to understand... and I will abide by it.

I am on holidays and will not have time to check on other people's dress and wonder if it conforms to the dress code - the Maître d' and the staff can deal with that.

For the shock effect, I may just wear my Speedos at the pool :D but that is the subject of another thread !

Happy sailing to all.

Brian

For the shock effect, I may just wear my Speedos at the pool :D but that is the subject of another thread !

Happy sailing to all.

Brian

Trust me, there will be sights (M&F) at the pool that once seen cannot be unseen. Thankfully the pool bar and staff offer plentiful remedy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...