Reykjavik, Greenland to Montreal 06 August 2018

AnnaAusAFF

Oh great, thanks Fletcher. I have come to the idea of this trip a bit belatedly and it will be very handy to see what you thought of the ports/stops/excursion etc. I was on the Seabourn Sojourn last year and didn't want to get off, so I'm pleased you recommend the Quest.

I have just booked my accommodation in Reykjavik, New York and Toronto, and I'm nearly ready to book Montreal. Cheers, Anna

We did the cruise Montréal - Boston (which was after the ship arrived from Iceland/Greenland) and loved the Quest, the cruise was perfect. I would think you will love it, I would love to do your itinerary one day (and Antarctica - too many places to see).

@Fletcher. Hello Fletcher, just wondering if you have your review as a document that I could read all in one go. There are so many comments that it breaks your 'flow'. I'd like to be able to read it backwards as I start the trip at the opposite end, highlighting the same places that you went to and I will go to.

My husband and I are also on this cruise this summer! Fletcher I read your blog post last night and thank you for sharing! It was really helpful.

Anna, looking forward to meeting you and a great cruise!

Thanks, edwardw, am on there now. Now hoping to get info from 2 boards! For example, how to get into the chef's lunch? And, go shopping with the chef. I almost got on the one in Alaska last year, but after quite a lot of standing around they finally announced that the chef couldn't go ashore as he didn't have the right USA visa and there was no one else available. So, the waiting bus driver took the 2 of us on a private tour, it was great.

• 3 months later...

@Chairsin, a little late replying :o but I didn’t remember in which port shopping with the chef was cancelled. Sorry.

Not sure what you mean by the Chef’s Lunch ? And I am curious as to which port your Alaska shopping with the chef was scheduled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not jaded

See my response to your question on the Northern Europe Iceland thread. We have been at the wonderful boutique hotel Eyja Guldsmeden this week and love it. Nice quiet and convenient location , well designed and comfortable rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. Bonus is they have parking right out front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are staying at Tower Suites- 8 rooms on the top floor of the tallest building in Reykjavik. We have been here two nights and love it. Gorgeous views of the sea, mountains and city. About a 1 mile walk along the seafront to the center of town or a 2 min taxi. This morning I am looking at the sea and the lovely Quest from our room. We have really enjoyed this hotel - small, but very nice. We did one night before this at a new hotel called The Retreat at Blue Lagoon. It's a good one night stay either upon arriving or departing Iceland as it's close to the airport and you can use the hotels private section of the Blue Lagoon to avoid the masses at the public section. I would not stay there for an extended amount if time but it was great for 1 night and for the Blue Lagoon experience. Having said all that really looking forward to getting on Quest this afternoon!

We’re due to stay at radisson Blu 1919 which is the one Seabourn use - tonight. Hotels in reykyavik aren’t great from my research and are quite expensive. I think that one is one of the best. Will let you know

Thank you. I hope it is a winner. Please provide an update!

Not jaded

See my response to your question on the Northern Europe Iceland thread. We have been at the wonderful boutique hotel Eyja Guldsmeden this week and love it. Nice quiet and convenient location , well designed and comfortable rooms and very friendly and helpful staff. Bonus is they have parking right out front.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

We are staying at Tower Suites- 8 rooms on the top floor of the tallest building in Reykjavik. We have been here two nights and love it. Gorgeous views of the sea, mountains and city. About a 1 mile walk along the seafront to the center of town or a 2 min taxi. This morning I am looking at the sea and the lovely Quest from our room. We have really enjoyed this hotel - small, but very nice. We did one night before this at a new hotel called The Retreat at Blue Lagoon. It's a good one night stay either upon arriving or departing Iceland as it's close to the airport and you can use the hotels private section of the Blue Lagoon to avoid the masses at the public section. I would not stay there for an extended amount if time but it was great for 1 night and for the Blue Lagoon experience. Having said all that really looking forward to getting on Quest this afternoon!

I'll look into this. Thank you!