What is your favorite food in MDR on Carnival?

vladdyfan

• 3 weeks later...
It's a vanilla and chocolate bread pudding with an amazing sweet sauce poured over the top. I hate break pudding but tried this once and now I am hooked! Right up there with the WCMC.

I love all the hot soups, escargot, filet, ribs....the list goes on and on!! 28 more day until I get to do it again!

Thank you. I had no idea what it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Is my understanding correct that they no longer serve lobster tails as a regular menu item, but one you have to pay extra for?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could be wrong, but I believe they still offer lobster on one of the elegant nights, but they offer steakhouse selections in the MDR every night for a 20 fee (which lobster is one of those selections offered).

• 1 month later...
Is my understanding correct that they no longer serve lobster tails as a regular menu item, but one you have to pay extra for?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 day or shorter cruise no longer as lobster tail on regular menu. DH ordered off the Steakhouse menu on Inspiration and was disappointed. Seven day and longer longer cruises still have lobster on the MDR menu.

Could someone PLEASE try to describe what escargo taste like? Thought of trying it, have eaten all kinds of shrimp, lobster, crabbs, and fish, but not a fan of oysters!! Is it like all slimmy??? or more of a meaty kind of thing??? Soooo want to try them, but kinda scared to!!! lol

It's like chewy garlic. But why not order it? It's free; if you don't like it, you don't have to eat it?

• 1 month later...

Any updates to this? I'm a Carnival newbie going on my first cruise in February on the 4 day Baja cruise out of Long Beach and I've heard mostly bad things...i've heard the guys burger, and brunch, and escargot were good and thats about it, so any other suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Things I love:

The tomato soup at SeaDay Brunch, and those PopOver Rolls, I absolutely love those!

I am also a fan of the Hen Diaviolla (spelled wrong I am sure) at Sea Day Brunch

I really liked the Smores parfait, and hope they have it in the dining room this week, I am getting an extra for later!

Love Guy's Burgers, and Guys Pig and Anchor if it is there.

Did not like the Italian restaurant at all.

The rest of the food is good, not great, some things are real misses, but I always try something I wouldn't otherwise eat a few times.