UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

MSC is making it more and more difficult to give concise, clear information about their product with these crazy innovations! In the future, posters who come on here looking for answers will get the third degree about what ship they'll be on, how long their cruise will be, etc., etc., before they can be told how much their drinks packages are going to cost! It certainly doesn't help that these prices are not available on the website unless you have a booking or know to check out the brochures which aren't always the most up-to-date source of information judging on this new two-tier pricing coming into effect in 2017 which the current brochure won't indicate.

Does anyone know what the price will be to upgrade from the drink package that is included with an Aurea experience to a deluxe drink package? 7 day on Seaside in Caribbean

At the moment it looks like the price of the package that's included in Aurea is $45 pppd and the Premium is $61 - a difference of $16:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

However, there are new rates showing in the US brochure for 2018/2019 (see post #24 above) where the prices are $47 and $55, so a difference of only $8 pppd. This would probably apply from April onwards as MSC's cruising year for brochure purposes begins around April.

Anyone who has a booking for sailing around the date you're considering (you haven't stipulated) can check the prices they're being quoted in their "My Bookings" area of the website and let you know definitively.

At the moment it looks like the price of the package that's included in Aurea is $45 pppd and the Premium is $61 - a difference of $16:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

However, there are new rates showing in the US brochure for 2018/2019 (see post #24 above) where the prices are $47 and $55, so a difference of only $8 pppd. This would probably apply from April onwards as MSC's cruising year for brochure purposes begins around April.

Anyone who has a booking for sailing around the date you're considering (you haven't stipulated) can check the prices they're being quoted in their "My Bookings" area of the website and let you know definitively.

Thank you. We are booked for June and December 2018 on Seaside. It now has an * by the drink package that says may include meal time only drink pkg. I hope that is not the case. We are used to cruising NCL and like our top shelf drinks so upgrade will most likely be "necessary" :D

Thank you. We are booked for June and December 2018 on Seaside. It now has an * by the drink package that says may include meal time only drink pkg. I hope that is not the case. We are used to cruising NCL and like our top shelf drinks so upgrade will most likely be "necessary" :D

An Aurea booking has the all-inclusive drinks package included, not the mealtime one. I'm not sure what the asterisked notation that you're referencing is about.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on Seaside in July. We booked deck 11 aft s2 11210. It looks like it has a different balcony ( larger?) Due to the canbin it is next to with the whirl pool tub on balcony. Any idea if our suite is any larger or if the balcony is bigger? I didn't pick it , it was just given to me and since there weren't many left i wasn't going to be picky😊

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Hi.....looking at the drinks package ......does that mean we have to pay for ordinary water or go without at lunch and dinner.......We don't drink due to medicines and medical conditions.

Jo.

You have to pay for bottled water in the MDRs - they don't serve 'tap' water. However, water, tea & coffee are all available, without cost, 24/7 in the buffet. The water from the tap in your cabin is potable - you could bring a glass of that to lunch/dinner with you.

You can also buy a bottled water package if the all-inclusive drinks package doesn't suit.

Now that there is a monetary value assigned to drinks in the classic package (max $5 beer, $7.50 wine and $8 cocktail) will that value be used as a credit if more expensive drinks are ordered? On my last NCL cruise when I ordered a drink that was more expensive than the allotted cost in the drink package I only had to pay the difference. It worked great for the few times when I wanted a good glass of scotch that wasn't included in the drink package. I only had to pay a couple bucks for the upgraded scotch.

Now that there is a monetary value assigned to drinks in the classic package (max $5 beer, $7.50 wine and $8 cocktail) will that value be used as a credit if more expensive drinks are ordered? On my last NCL cruise when I ordered a drink that was more expensive than the allotted cost in the drink package I only had to pay the difference. It worked great for the few times when I wanted a good glass of scotch that wasn't included in the drink package. I only had to pay a couple bucks for the upgraded scotch.

On MSC ships you have to pay the full price for items which are not included in your drinks package - you can't pay just the difference.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And I STILL have not seen the "Dinner Wines" list. They have a package of 7 bottles of wine to enjoy in the dining room for $160.

I would imagine the wines in this package are different than the wines on the regular "Drinks and Wines List" that are available in all the bars?

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a link on the MSC website that shows it https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Our-Fares.aspx

and here is the Australian one that does not offer the drink package at all ...one has to wonder why they do not just keep it standard across the different countries

https://www.msccruises.com.au/en-au/Discover-MSC/Our-Fares.aspx

No, there aren't, sorry. There is nowhere for guests to iron their clothes anywhere onboard MSC ships. They offer an ironing service, though it's quite costly.

I had to have a dress shirt laundered and ironed/pressed while on the Divina. If I remember correctly, it was about half the cost of dry-cleaning and pressing. I thought it was reasonable for 12-24 hour service.

Thanks for the information regarding the service charges on MCS which I find a little high. For 2 adults on a weeks cruise this means 'charges' (otherwise known as tips - 'charges' should be included in the price quoted) of approx £125 -130 which is a lot more than we would normally leave.

I note in your information that you can ask to have them removed but do you have to give a reason? Can you simply say you don't want to be charged or is it only deducted if you are complaining about the 'service'? :confused:

Thanks for the information regarding the service charges on MCS which I find a little high. For 2 adults on a weeks cruise this means 'charges' (otherwise known as tips - 'charges' should be included in the price quoted) of approx £125 -130 which is a lot more than we would normally leave.

I note in your information that you can ask to have them removed but do you have to give a reason? Can you simply say you don't want to be charged or is it only deducted if you are complaining about the 'service'? :confused:

Service charges (gratuities) are not normally included in the base price Caribbean cruises, and are actually very reasonable. Crew members receive gratuities (service charges) as payment for their service to passengers.