New from MSC Cruises & Cruise Critic: Official Meet & Mingle Parties on MSC Divina!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:51 PM.
Philadelphia, PA (USA)
409 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
I have two thoughts on the possibility of Meet 'n Mingle ... each is pure speculation ...

1) It would make sense to pause this program in a new ship, until such time as MSC can establish the flow of the ship, alternatively,
2) MSC pays $ to implement the program, and may potentially be reconsidering the program and its benefits.

Regardless, I like the idea of asking for space for a private Meet 'n Mingle. Keep the faith!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steven & Donna, suburban Philadelphia

MSC Divina: 10 night Southern Caribbean ('16); 7 night Western Caribbean ('17)
MSC Seaside: 7 night Eastern Caribbean (spring '18); 7 night Eastern Caribbean (fall/winter '18)

Disney Magic: 4 night Bahamas ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena ('08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola ('09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix ('09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic ('10), 14 night EB TransAtlantic ('13), 7 night Southern Caribbean ('14), 7 night Western Caribbean ('14), 14 night EB TransAtlantic ('15)
Disney Wonder: 4 night Bahamas ('08), Pacific REPO ('11), Inaugural Alaska ('11)
Disney Fantasy: Maiden Voyage - 7 night Western Caribbean (Mar '12), 7 night Western Caribbean (Dec '12). 7-night Eastern Caribbean ('15)
Disney Vacation Club: 1994

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean ('14); Celebrity Horizon - 7 night Bermuda R/T from Philadelphia; Princess Grand Princess - 7 night Caribbean; Holland America Noordam - 10 day Caribbean RT from NY ('06)
South Carolina
4 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
I have never been to a Meet n Mingle. It should be fun to meet other cruisers. Will we get an invitation delivered to our cabin about when and where on board?
262 Posts
Joined May 2017
Yes, you will receive an invitation the night before. On our August Divina cruise, it was on the first sea day at 10:30 am. They are very nicely done with the senior crew and Captain in attendance along with tasty snacks, drinks, and a cake.

Originally posted by Salty Sushi
I have never been to a Meet n Mingle. It should be fun to meet other cruisers. Will we get an invitation delivered to our cabin about when and where on board?
Leeds, England
1,223 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
MSC have now listed Meet & Mingle parties for the Seaside on the cruise critic web site, starting from the first cruise from Trieste 1st Dec. Make sure you add your names to the list.

FROM CC /MSC
If you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email seven days prior to your sail date, and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your MSC Cruise. You will receive notice of the time, date and place of your Meet & Mingle by invitation in your stateroom once you are on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
262 Posts
Joined May 2017
YAY!!!! I'm signing up right now!!
Originally posted by Big L
MSC have now listed Meet & Mingle parties for the Seaside on the cruise critic web site, starting from the first cruise from Trieste 1st Dec. Make sure you add your names to the list.

FROM CC /MSC
If you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email seven days prior to your sail date, and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your MSC Cruise. You will receive notice of the time, date and place of your Meet & Mingle by invitation in your stateroom once you are on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Coastal NC
2,739 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
I'm signed up! Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Website

B2B Caribbean on Holland America Koningsdam 1/8/2017 - Paris to Prague on Viking Odin 8/4/2016 - Caribbean on Celebrity Eclipse 1/24/2016 - Bermuda on Norwegian Breakaway 7/26/2015 - B2B Caribbean on MSC Divina 11/29/2014 - Alaska on Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas 5/31/2014 - Bermuda on Celebrity Summit 5/19/2013 - The Baltic on Holland America Eurodam 5/21/2012 - Western Caribbean on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam 12/12/2010 - Mediterranean on Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas 4/27/2010 - Panama Canal on Holland America Zuiderdam 2/27/2009 - Southern Caribbean on Holland America Noordam 12/1/2007 - Southern Caribbean on Norwegian Dawn 12/7/2006 - Western Caribbean on Costa Atlantica 2004 - Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Century 2000 - Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress 1996
Westchester County, NY
3,937 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Big L
Yes, this was posted on my roll call. I wonder what caused them to finally schedule these? . Whether I get credit or not, this is a most welcome development!

We're very happy to announce that Official Meet & Mingle parties will be held on board MSC Seaside!

Registration begins today for sailings on MSC Seaside beginning December 1, 2017, and will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic.

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

MSC Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue provided) as well a either a hosted one-hour cocktail party and/or coffee service, or hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from MSC Cruises!

Laura
Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of six (6) persons registered to attend.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Seaside - January 27, 2018 - Western Caribbean
Holland America Koningsdam- June 10, 2018 - Voyage Of The Midnight Sun
Celebrity Infinity - October 9, 2018 - Panama Canal
Celebrity Edge - January 20/27, 2019 - Western/Eastern Caribbean (our first B2B)
262 Posts
Joined May 2017
Yes, I think they heard us all and gave us what we wanted! I know I contacted MSC, CC, Andre, and others several times. So did so many others. Thanks to everyone who reached out! This is great news. [quote=MisterBill99;54336989]Yes, this was posted on my roll call. I wonder what caused them to finally schedule these? . Whether I get credit or not, this is a most welcome development

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information
Westchester County, NY
3,937 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I just got the email confirmation for my Seaside M&M. I like that they only require 6 people to hold one as opposed to 25 on Royal and Celebrity.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MSC Seaside - January 27, 2018 - Western Caribbean
Holland America Koningsdam- June 10, 2018 - Voyage Of The Midnight Sun
Celebrity Infinity - October 9, 2018 - Panama Canal
Celebrity Edge - January 20/27, 2019 - Western/Eastern Caribbean (our first B2B)
Philadelphia, PA (USA)
409 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by MisterBill99
I just got the email confirmation for my Seaside M&M. I like that they only require 6 people to hold one ...
That's the way it has been with MSC ... at least as long as it has been coordinated through CC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Steven & Donna, suburban Philadelphia

MSC Divina: 10 night Southern Caribbean ('16); 7 night Western Caribbean ('17)
MSC Seaside: 7 night Eastern Caribbean (spring '18); 7 night Eastern Caribbean (fall/winter '18)

Disney Magic: 4 night Bahamas ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena ('08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola ('09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix ('09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic ('10), 14 night EB TransAtlantic ('13), 7 night Southern Caribbean ('14), 7 night Western Caribbean ('14), 14 night EB TransAtlantic ('15)
Disney Wonder: 4 night Bahamas ('08), Pacific REPO ('11), Inaugural Alaska ('11)
Disney Fantasy: Maiden Voyage - 7 night Western Caribbean (Mar '12), 7 night Western Caribbean (Dec '12). 7-night Eastern Caribbean ('15)
Disney Vacation Club: 1994

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean ('14); Celebrity Horizon - 7 night Bermuda R/T from Philadelphia; Princess Grand Princess - 7 night Caribbean; Holland America Noordam - 10 day Caribbean RT from NY ('06)
1 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Dear Cruise Critic Community,

Our 5-year old daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last week. We are trying to help her South African grandparents reschedule a cruise on MSC leaving from South Africa so that they can come and see her. The South African customer service agents said that they don't have the authority to change cruises and don't have the name of someone who can. I'm sure MSC would be happy to help, if we could just figure out who the right person is to talk to. Can anybody help us reach the right person at MSC to change a cruise in South Africa, please? It's the most awful time of our lives.

Thank you.