CPS Parking, Southampton - best price options?

Harry Peterson

99 nights for Jan 2018 - CPS £585 -Parking4Cruises £275 and no extra paid for car start but you can have a valet service. I assume CPS are more expensive as they are nearer the ship. But if you google the parking at the docks and check the images you will see that there are literally thousands of cars and numerous car parking companies. Parking4Cruises give a big discount for early booking. CPS keep their prices up because they are the preferred company for P&O

Yes that statement says it all "because they are the preferred company for P&O" and gives you some sort of security if they as well as Cunard and Princess are backing CPS.

Yes that statement says it all "because they are the preferred company for P&O" and gives you some sort of security if they as well as Cunard and Princess are backing CPS.

There are quite a lot of P&O preferred shops in the ports of call that I would not trust to give a good competitive price or service either.

I have used CPS parking for our previous cruises and will be using them again soon.

We like the fact that you drive up right opposite the ship, met by friendly staff, cases taken away by porters and the terminal is minutes away.

Makes for a relaxing civilised start to the cruise.

Thats been our family's experience anyway :D

We always use CPS too. We like the convenience of it. It may be a bit dearer but, to be honest, I've never checked, it just rolls into the cost of the cruise.

Back to the original question (but thanks for all the comments and views expressed), is it best to book with CPS now for March 2019, or do they ever run any special offers?

We have used CPS for around 20 years and have never known them to have offers. We usually choose to take the free parking offer from P&O as we have noticed that the cost if parking is usually equivalent to the OBC that we get for booking a select price and we then just get the extra OBC that is available at the time of booking.

We have used CPS for around 20 years and have never known them to have offers. We usually choose to take the free parking offer from P&O as we have noticed that the cost if parking is usually equivalent to the OBC that we get for booking a select price and we then just get the extra OBC that is available at the time of booking.

Can't remember the last time we had to pay for parking! I love the ease of CPS, drive up, bags out, cars gone! Forget it for the cruise, then disembark, walk across the road, pick up your keys, load the car up and on your way! Worth an extra few pounds if I had to pay!

Parking4Cruises is just as convenient, the short term car park is literally opposite the terminal. It's a one minute walk back to the terminal.

I agree it is only just across the road. same system at arrival and departure. If i was only away for a couple of weeks I would not mind an extra couple of quid. But as I said before for a long cruise £585 is a lot different to £275 and I believe the security is not an issue. At the end of the day if someone really wants to steal or damage the car they will do it wherever the car is stored

Parking4Cruises is just as convenient, the short term car park is literally opposite the terminal. It's a one minute walk back to the terminal.

Must admit I wasn’t aware of that.

Can you please explain how the procedure compares to CPS when arriving and departing from the Mayflower Terminal?

Are you met at the terminal and are your cases taken by a porter.

What is the procedure on return?

Must admit I wasn’t aware of that.

Can you please explain how the procedure compares to CPS when arriving and departing from the Mayflower Terminal?

Are you met at the terminal and are your cases taken by a porter.

What is the procedure on return?

If you check out their website there is more detail on that, it seems the only extra effort you need is to ring them about 30 mins ahead of arrival and departure, so they can have a chauffeur ready to meet you. An added benefit I assume is that you would be directed straight to the taxi drop off point without having to wait your turn in the CPS queue, but after dropping your luggage with the porters you would drive to the short stay parking to meet your driver, and on return this is where your car will be.

If you check out their website there is more detail on that, it seems the only extra effort you need is to ring them about 30 mins ahead of arrival and departure, so they can have a chauffeur ready to meet you. An added benefit I assume is that you would be directed straight to the taxi drop off point without having to wait your turn in the CPS queue, but after dropping your luggage with the porters you would drive to the short stay parking to meet your driver, and on return this is where your car will be.

Ok, Thanks for the information.