Never stop looking!!!!!

PoohUnderstands

Just saved $ 50 per person on our cruise leaving in 3 weeks after noticing price drop this morning. Kept same room, category and prepaid grats. And I usually check every day, if not twice as it only takes a couple of minutes with the cruise bookmarked. Took less than 10 minutes today on the phone with Princess

I thought you could only get a reduction before the final payment. Obviously, if the cruise is 3 weeks away, it's past the final payment.

I think it may have something to do with Princess taking an absolute beating over the Medallion rollout fiasco. I see you are on the Regal in November - did you get the magic room to be included? We didn't and cancelled. I hope if you didn't get the Medallion, you have called Princess and expressed your disappointment

I think it may have something to do with Princess taking an absolute beating over the Medallion rollout fiasco. I see you are on the Regal in November - did you get the magic room to be included? We didn't and cancelled. I hope if you didn't get the Medallion, you have called Princess and expressed your disappointment
I didn't get the medallion room, I did call them for giggles, but didn't get any OBC, and I am not upset about any of it. :)

I got a great promotional deal back in July, the kiddo is sailing for $99, Princess upgraded us to a deluxe balcony from inside about a month ago, what's there to be upset about???

Of course, we are NOT on the Nowheresville cruise on Nov 15 or 13, but on a very nice one on Nov 19.

Just as an FYI, there are websites that will do the checking for you. The one I use charges $1 per sailing, but then they will monitor as many room categories and discount rates as you like and email you if it changes. I was able to save a significant amount of money on my next cruise because of this. It’s also a great research tool because it stores old prices so when you go to book you can check if the current price is high or low. To find it google cruise monitoring and fish. The right one ends in .net

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just as an FYI, there are websites that will do the checking for you. The one I use charges $1 per sailing, but then they will monitor as many room categories and discount rates as you like and email you if it changes. I was able to save a significant amount of money on my next cruise because of this. It’s also a great research tool because it stores old prices so when you go to book you can check if the current price is high or low. To find it google cruise monitoring and fish. The right one ends in .net

I was just going to post this. For .99 cents, let someone else do the work. Saved a bundle through them.

SJSchell: Just log into your account on the Princess site. Then go and find your cruise that you are already booked for as if you were going to book for the first time. After this first time, when you log in you will see in the left side middle area "See Recently Viewed". Just click on it and it will go right to the cruise in question. Then just go in as if you were going to book. I go in and pick a cabin making sure it is the same category(usually are ones near my actual cabin) and check the price pp. I keep that price handy. Yesterday when I did it there was the price $2499pp showing!!!!(night before it was $2849) Just checking to the point of picking the room to check current pricing does not in any way affect any actual bookings you may have. Then if you see a lower price you IMMEDIATELY call Princess and hold from 1 minute to 40(grin) and ask to rebook your current booking at lower price, MAKING SURE you do not loose any perks that you might have. In saving $700 yesterday if I had to lose my OBC of $100 no problem, but you want to make sure nothing changes if you rebook or if something does that you are ok with it. Then while on the phone, go into your personal profiler and click on "Payments and Credits" and check to make sure new pricing is showing (it is that quick!) and then make sure rep. also emails you new booking confirmation. Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Pooh

Pooh--Does this procedure work if you have given your booking to a TA? Can you call Princess yourself, or does the TA have to call Princess?

Thanks

Thank you for this post. After I read it I checked a couple of times. This morning I noticed it had dropped a bit, checked again in a little while (too early for TA the first time) price was back where it usually is. Checked a couple hours later and it was back down. Took a screenshot, sent to Ta and within an hour I had saved some $s and didn't lose any perks.

Incentive to keep checking for sure. Now if my stupid airfare would drop, it just keeps going up.

There was a huge drop in the price of our December Panama Canal cruise but I know that since we are past final payment we cannot get a refund. I wanted to upgrade our room from a category BF to B1 (which is now $900 less than we paid for the lower category) but my TA said she checked and we would lose our OBC and complimentary specialty restaurant dinner perk. Bummer!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Pooh--Does this procedure work if you have given your booking to a TA? Can you call Princess yourself, or does the TA have to call Princess?

Thanks

World Traveler:

If you have a TA, unfortunately, you have to go thru them. Take a screenshot of the lower price and immediately email it to your TA. Then call them immediately and ask them to call Princess right away and get the lower price for you.

Pooh

We booked way in advance to get the AIBP...

Prices would have to drop a LOT to save anything after losing our perks!

There are periodic savings, as quoted in this thread. There also could be savings when Princess changes a promotion. We booked under Sip & Sail, however under 3-for-Free a price drop, plus free gratuity, plus OBC, meant we could rebook the same cabin, pay for Beverage Package and still come out $375 better off.

Believe me I checked, re-checked and checked again before giving up Sip & Sail :D

Just booking a separate land vacation on-line and noticed a tab for 'Promotions'. I called them and asked if they had any promos. She said, 'Not during peak season, however have you booked with us before ?', we had and so got $265 discount as returning guest - never hurts to ask !

My husband considers me OCD when it comes to cruising, because I check and re-check the Princess site for booked cruises that we have coming up for pricing and it does make a difference!

Today I saved $700 by checking repeatedly the prices for my next cruise. Last night the lower price was not listed. This morning the lower price was not listed. At 2PMish, all of a sudden my CC mini was $350pp less! Must have been a busy day at Princess as I was on hold for 40 minutes and during that time the reduced price was gone and back to the original price!!!!!! Yep, the lower figure was gone that quickly. But I stuck it out and explained the situation to the rep. and she without hesitation checked it out and saw that the reduced price had been out there earlier as I said and I got it! And kept all my perks too!! So now I have a CC mini for just a tad over a deluxe balcony cabin!

Moral, don't feel bad if you are constantly checking Princess for a reduced fare. They do occur and go very quickly too! So I hope all of you have such good luck with your upcoming cruises too.

Pooh

Thank you Thank you Thank you! We are booked on Regal Princess, Dec.10, inside cabin. Just checked and prices have dropped drastically so called Princess directly and after being on hold for about 35 minutes got our inside cabin upgraded to deluxe balcony D141 and kept our obc.

I'm thrilled to death!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always check pricing for all my cruises ... pretty much until I actually go. If not a cheaper price before final payment then a better cabin after final payment. It has worked on over 50% of my cruises.

Now, only wish the airlines would do the same ...

We are sailing in a couple of weeks and saw my airfare had dropped by over $150 (total for the both of us) since I booked it months ago. I called and they simply wouldn't budge ... live and learn, I guess. It's not like it would be the same savings that you received but would have been nice if they at least gave me credit to use on that airline or even free luggage ... but nothing!

That is why I try and use Southwest air as often as possible. If the price goes down, you get funny money back for the same person to use up until 1 year from the original purchase date.

If you use points to book they are refunded to the original point holder, not the person flying.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

My husband considers me OCD when it comes to cruising, because I check and re-check the Princess site for booked cruises that we have coming up for pricing and it does make a difference!

Today I saved $700 by checking repeatedly the prices for my next cruise. Last night the lower price was not listed. This morning the lower price was not listed. At 2PMish, all of a sudden my CC mini was $350pp less! Must have been a busy day at Princess as I was on hold for 40 minutes and during that time the reduced price was gone and back to the original price!!!!!! Yep, the lower figure was gone that quickly. But I stuck it out and explained the situation to the rep. and she without hesitation checked it out and saw that the reduced price had been out there earlier as I said and I got it! And kept all my perks too!! So now I have a CC mini for just a tad over a deluxe balcony cabin!

Moral, don't feel bad if you are constantly checking Princess for a reduced fare. They do occur and go very quickly too! So I hope all of you have such good luck with your upcoming cruises too.

Pooh

Thank You for this post. As a result of reading this and a post on gratuities I got a price adjustment of $100 and free gratuities added to my Feb 18 cruise. The $100 isn't much compared to yours, but everything helps. Then I add the free gratuities and it is adding up. Of course I am not going to stop checking on it. I am always looking to save money. My only other cruise was a 4 night trial cruise to see if we might like cruising (we do). I booked an inside cabin and was watching the RCI site when I saw an obstructed view cabin was listed for less and was able to get rebooked. Obstructed view but larger and given the chance I will change cabins again as long as I do not lose my current deals.

THANK YOU!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you! We are booked on Regal Princess, Dec.10, inside cabin. Just checked and prices have dropped drastically so called Princess directly and after being on hold for about 35 minutes got our inside cabin upgraded to deluxe balcony D141 and kept our obc.

I'm thrilled to death!

I forgot to add the upgrade was free!

Check your sailing today! Thanks to this thread, I reviewed prices for our Med cruise in April. I was astounded to find that our aft balcony on Caribe had dropped from $3164pp to $2284. I looked at all the details, thinking I had overlooked something, just couldn’t be true! So, I called and am thrilled at the results: savings of $880.pp for same cabin, lost the AIBP but gained “3 for free” and $400. obc. Thanks for all the advice here! What a nice surprise. I just need to send Princess my DH military service info.

I'm thrilled to death!

PA247: I am so thrilled for you too. So glad this thread jogged you to check! Have a great cruise in your balcony cabin!

Pooh

Thank You for this post. As a result of reading this and a post on gratuities I got a price adjustment of $100 and free gratuities added to my Feb 18 cruise. The $100 isn't much compared to yours, but everything helps. Then I add the free gratuities and it is adding up. Of course I am not going to stop checking on it. I am always looking to save money. My only other cruise was a 4 night trial cruise to see if we might like cruising (we do). I booked an inside cabin and was watching the RCI site when I saw an obstructed view cabin was listed for less and was able to get rebooked. Obstructed view but larger and given the chance I will change cabins again as long as I do not lose my current deals.

THANK YOU!!

Jimorel: Yes, it is exciting to rebook for lower fares at any amount. And if low enough to upgrade at the same or lower prices. Don't stop checking. I suggest twice a day at least. You might be rebooking as your cruise isn't until February. Since we are going on the cruise anyway it is always such a joy to see the total price at final payment go down and down. My cruise in question I have rebooked three times already since June. Glad your search was fruitful. Remember, for example, I checked from August until just now and nothing had changed....... until it did! So don't get discouraged, just keep checking! Have a great cruise.

Pooh

Check your sailing today! Thanks to this thread, I reviewed prices for our Med cruise in April. I was astounded to find that our aft balcony on Caribe had dropped from $3164pp to $2284. I looked at all the details, thinking I had overlooked something, just couldn’t be true! So, I called and am thrilled at the results: savings of $880.pp for same cabin, lost the AIBP but gained “3 for free” and $400. obc. Thanks for all the advice here! What a nice surprise. I just need to send Princess my DH military service info.

JoRoy218:

Right on! Fantastic news. Enjoy that Med. cruise. We just loved ours. If you have never been, you are in for a treat!

Pooh

Great news, congrats. Curious, which cruise are you on ? We leave Rome April 28 and I don't see April dates that match with $2284 and $400 OBC. BTW you should be able to buy Beverage Package and still come out ahead. Good luck !

Great news, congrats. Curious, which cruise are you on ? We leave Rome April 28 and I don't see April dates that match with $2284 and $400 OBC. BTW you should be able to buy Beverage Package and still come out ahead. Good luck !

We depart Barcelona on 4/17 for 11 days, end at Rome on 4/28. The sale price for premium balcony started at $2534., Princess rep then stated $2384. and then down to $2284. (prior cruises). Then, 3 for free special, to include $200. pp obc w/ $200.pp from FCC. Couldn’t believe it, thought she made a mistake.

Edited by JoRoy218

We depart Barcelona April 17 for 11 days, end at Rome on 4/28. The sale price for premium balcony started at $2534., Princess rep then stated $2384. and then down to $2284. (prior cruises). Then, 3 for free special, to include $200. pp obc w/ $200.pp from FCC. Couldn’t believe it, thought she made a mistake.

Got it, thanks - just checked and I guess price has gone up a little. Don't forget the 3 for free includes Gratuities that Sip & Sail did not - so $297 further savings ! BTW I think the OBC should be $200 per cabin, but still added to FCC $200 it is still $400 :-)

Yes!

It’s been yo-yo pricing over a week.

First saw deal a week ago Saturday including 3-for-free.

Extras were gone by the time we booked Wednesday, but price was still good.

Later Wednesday night price was up $80.

Thursday price was still up but 3-for-free was back.

Asked TA to call Friday and it was gone.

Monday morning looked again. Prices were slightly up from when we’d booked, but now free gratuities.

TA called yesterday and got us the same stateroom for $20 more, but now with free grats.

Always keep looking!!