Thank you Princess!!

iriemon

I was out checking on my Dec cruise and noticed the price had dropped. I could now get in a balcony for what I paid for an inside guarantee. (I had already taken advantage of a $150 price reduction) Since I am past my final payment I didn't think there was anything I could do but thought I would give it a try. Well I got the answer I expected that it was only for new reservations. After a little whining I convinced him to talk to a supervisor. After a 5 minute wait he came back and said they would move me to a balcony. THANK YOU PRINCESS! They know how to treat and keep their customers unlike some of the other lines

I was out checking on my Dec cruise and noticed the price had dropped. I could now get in a balcony for what I paid for an inside guarantee. (I had already taken advantage of a $150 price reduction) Since I am past my final payment I didn't think there was anything I could do but thought I would give it a try. Well I got the answer I expected that it was only for new reservations. After a little whining I convinced him to talk to a supervisor. After a 5 minute wait he came back and said they would move me to a balcony. THANK YOU PRINCESS! They know how to treat and keep their customers unlike some of the other lines

Well done! The price has also fallen on my December cruise and I was thinking it would be useless to ask for the reduction, but now I might just give it a try.

Trish

I learned about a promotion on Caribbean cruises by reading someone's post on the Princess boards. The promotion started yesterday. So, we called our travel agent and we were able to get a price reduction and free gratuities on our Dec 17th cruise. We had just paid for it Wednesday and on Friday were able to refare it with the new promotion. I did not think it would be possible either, but we were able to do it.

Well done! The price has also fallen on my December cruise and I was thinking it would be useless to ask for the reduction, but now I might just give it a try.

Trish

Do it and don't accept their no answer but in a very nice way

I learned about a promotion on Caribbean cruises by reading someone's post on the Princess boards. The promotion started yesterday. So, we called our travel agent and we were able to get a price reduction and free gratuities on our Dec 17th cruise.

What is the name of the promotion? I can't seem to locate anything that gets free gratuities?

I checked on the price of my January cruise today and noticed the price had dropped. When I called to refare they let me know about the complimentary gratuities, did not see anything online prior to calling. The girl on the other end was very helpfull and patient while I looked at room locations, it is nice to see there is still great customer service out there.

There is no advertised promotion per se. You need to select a cruise and click through to see the offer of the free gratuities. ,

After you select a particular cruise and are on the page that shows the prices for each category of room there is a line that says "View Offers". When you click on that you will see the complimentary gratuities.

I would never have known about it if I had not read a post on cruise critic giving a heads up about it. In that post it says it starts on Oct 20 and ends on Oct. 31. It apparently applies to Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises from November through March.

This is the thread where I found it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2555487

There is no advertised promotion per se. You need to select a cruise and click through to see the offer of the free gratuities. ,

After you select a particular cruise and are on the page that shows the prices for each category of room there is a line that says "View Offers". When you click on that you will see the complimentary gratuities.

I would never have known about it if I had not read a post on cruise critic giving a heads up about it. In that post it says it starts on Oct 20 and ends on Oct. 31. It apparently applies to Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises from November through March.

Thank you so much. very helpful. I'm taking a screenshot and sending this to my TA to contact Princess :)

Another 'checkmark' on the benefits column of reading cruise critic posts.

I don't see a line that says "View Offers" - there is a line that says "Sign-up for Special Offers" or "Deals." And neither show anything for December 2017 cruises.?.

We are also booked on the Crown in November and on the Royal in December. Keep an eye out. Prices on both have dropped about every couple of weeks!

It is not listed under "Deals" or "Drop and Go".

I only see it if I actually choose a particular cruise and start the booking process on line at princess.

Go to Princess and then click on Plan a Cruise on the top left area of the website. That brings up the grid of dates and allows you to and select the date, the destination, etc. Do all the selecting to get specific cruises, and when you see the prices for each category of room you will see a line that says Special Offers Available and you click on "View Offers". Then a box pops up that says complimentary gratuities.

I tried to post a screen shot of the page, but I can't get it to work.

I learned about a promotion on Caribbean cruises by reading someone's post on the Princess boards. The promotion started yesterday. So, we called our travel agent and we were able to get a price reduction and free gratuities on our Dec 17th cruise. We had just paid for it Wednesday and on Friday were able to refare it with the new promotion. I did not think it would be possible either, but we were able to do it.

I see it now! Thank you.

I'm glad everything worked out for you.....:):):)

Bob

IMO: Princess is currently much more willing to make adjustments right now that the Eastern Caribbean Ports are so uncertain and the Western Caribbean a bit more crowded . Current $1 Sale covers just Caribbean and Panama Canal itineraries for just this fall/ winter/spring .

Worth a try to modify your booking for sure , both before and after Final.

I recently saw that prices did a significant drop on my Nov 26th Regal Princess cruise. I was in a standard balcony and saw that a mini-suite was now only $300 more than I paid for my balcony. I was able to upgrade for the $300 and was given free gratuities worth $203 (which I didn't have before). Total cost for upgrade to mini-suite $97.

Trish

I called this morning.....and got free gratuities. Thank you all!!

Cruise Critic is invaluable. My husband counts on me to read posts. I have learned so much from people posting here. And..weI have saved money too! Let us know how it turns out for you.:)

Erber - thank you! I sent the info to my TA. They contacted Princess. Free gratuities was applied to my booking and I received a price reduction too! I so appreciate your help!

I'm so grateful I found Cruise Critic and all the helpful posters here.