Driver in Antigua

Yunqi

My wife and I used a driver named Kitson Howe. We met him in port after the driver we had previously hired( a year in advance) for a private tour, didn't show up. Kitson took us to all the popular spots for less money. Very friendly man and he will customize your tour.

My wife and I used a driver named Kitson Howe. We met him in port after the driver we had previously hired( a year in advance) for a private tour, didn't show up. Kitson took us to all the popular spots for less money. Very friendly man and he will customize your tour.

Thanks for the response. Would you happen to know how to contact him?

Paul

HI Paul. You can contact Kitson "Big Lava" Howe at 1-268-785-6071. You can also WhatsApp him at the same number. I was in contact with him and he is interested. You can mention my name, Clarke, if you want if you contact him.

HI Paul. You can contact Kitson "Big Lava" Howe at 1-268-785-6071. You can also WhatsApp him at the same number. I was in contact with him and he is interested. You can mention my name, Clarke, if you want if you contact him.

Thanks. I just spoke with Kitson and arranged a tour. He knew that you mentioned I might call. Thanks again.

Paul D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Kitson is charging me $150 for 4 people. We will most of the tourist spots, such as Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Dow's Hill, Devil's Bridge, Fig Tree Drive, the rainforest and eat lunch on the beach somewhere.

If you want to stay on the beach for awhile, he will leave your there and pick you up later.

The tour will end in St. John's for shopping etc.. before getting back onboard the ship.

He will arrange a tour for where you want to go. Kitson told me that he has a 10 passenger van. If you get other people on the same cruise as you to sign-up, he will give you a discount. I am entitled to discount now, but will probably just not give him a tip.

Kitson can also arrange more private tours in a car, if that is what you prefer. His brother has a 7 passenger van and car.

The number is listed above. If you call him, tell Kitson, Clarke and now Paul gave you his number.

You can also contact him via Facebook.

Paul

Hi

I'm interested in cost, highlights and duration of a trip with Kitson

Thanks

Our trip tour with Kitson was, US$140. It was an impromptu tour as the driver we had originally booked, and paid a deposit to, never showed up. It was a short day in port as we had to be back on the ship for 3:00. We did manage to see many of the sites though. One of the oldest churches in the Caribbean, Shirley's Heights, Nelson's Dockyard. He also stopped at a small roadside hut and got us each a dish of Black Pineapple( you have to sample that) and fresh banana. He is passionate and knowledgable about his Island. We even treated him to a cold drink on the way back to the ship.

I'd like to try the Black Pineapple. I wonder if it is black on the outside. I read there is a black pineapple farm on Antigua. I'm going to add that to my tour.

Thanks Clarke.

Paul D.

Hi

Thanks

Kitson will drive you wherever you want to go. You create the tour. He does offer suggestions. Call him and find out.

Seems like a nice guy. You can see him on Facebook.

Have fun in Antigua. Thanks Clarke.

Paul D.

I just arranged a tour with Kitson for our group of 8 for next month. He was very responsive. One question for you - how was his vehicle? Was it comfortable and was the air conditioner in good working order? Just wondering as we've been "burned" in the past.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got back from a cruise last week which stopped in Antigua. We took a tour with Kitson Howe. It was wonderful!

Antigua is beautiful.

Kitson truly loves his home and we enjoyed visiting all of the sights. I'm looking forward to visiting again.

Thanks "Big Lava". Happy Trails brother!

I highly recommend Kitson "Big Lava" Howe for a tour of Antigua at a price much less than the cruise ships charge.

I was on a Princess ship. The fee was over $60 per person. Kitson came through for less and we saw more of the island. It was great.

Kitson may start charging more now!!

Either way, we saw the Devils Bridge, Long Bay, Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights and a few places in between. Our ride back to the ship in St. John's was scenic, along the coast.

Guaranteed - book a tour with Kitson Howe and have fun in Antigua.

Kitson Howe - 1-268-785-6071

Paul E. Dowaschinski

843-415-5673

Clarke,

Kitson stopped along the road and we picked some sort of fruit. We should have picked the mangoes.

A bit further down the road he pulled over and bought some pineapple. They weren't black, but were mini-pineapples.

Very interesting. I've never seen a mini-pineapple.

Thanks for sharing Kitson with my group. I hope others call him too.

Paul

Hi

Thanks

Hi,

My tour with Kitson was approximately 5 hours. We stopped along the way a few times for photos etc...

I was on-time, but in the wrong place, so our tour started around 10am, instead of 9:30am. We got back to the ship around 3pm.

We drove around the island. We visited Long Bay, Devil's Bridge, Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights and a few other places. We ended the tour driving along the coast that you will see starboard cruising into the Antigua port.

Very nice day. Thanks Kitson.

Paul

Hi,

I got back from a cruise last week which stopped in Antigua. We took a tour with Kitson Howe. It was wonderful!

Antigua is beautiful.

Kitson truly loves his home and we enjoyed visiting all of the sights. I'm looking forward to visiting again.

Thanks "Big Lava". Happy Trails brother!

I highly recommend Kitson "Big Lava" Howe for a tour of Antigua at a price much less than the cruise ships charge.

I was on a Princess ship. The fee was over $60 per person. Kitson came through for less and we saw more of the island. It was great.

Kitson may start charging more now!!

Either way, we saw the Devils Bridge, Long Bay, Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights and a few places in between. Our ride back to the ship in St. John's was scenic, along the coast.

Guaranteed - book a tour with Kitson Howe and have fun in Antigua.

Kitson Howe - 1-268-785-6071

Paul E. Dowaschinski

843-415-5673

Was there an extra fee for Nelson's Dockyard and/or Shirley Heights? It sounds like you had a great day with Kitson.